View Single Post
Old 3 June 2011, 11:11 PM   #7
tnt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferjanef View Post
G'day everyone.. I spent the past couple of days going thru some high end shopping malls and seen lots of rolexs (this is in singapore) and not once a platinum dd2. in fact, as far as i can remember, i have not seen a pt dd2 in the wild! have you seen any in the wild? Lots of 18KYG since this is Asia here and pol tends to go for yellow gold with some blings.

pt dd seems to hold up its value very well compared to 18k gold DD/DDII from my observation. Only SS do better in terms of Rolex sport model. is this true from your experience?

just sharing some of my recent observation.. cheers!

p/s i am shopping for a platinum DDII for my other half and all four of my AD do not have the stock and waiting period is around 2 months for the dial and combo i desired so I am not too pleased... BTW anyone knows what the 'blue' hands are made of? Are they blue steel? From the photos, it does not look like blue steel since blue steel ar much darker hue. I am not sure since I have not seen one in person. Anyone? ... Thank you and cheers! - jennifer
After the DD platinum I purchased for my husband four weeks ago, yesterday we browsed Rolex website, and he says I like that platinum DDII better because of its circle dial color hand easy to read.....what I responded was....I do not think they do sold one yet....you have to wait for at least 2 - 3 years the get a pre-owned. In the mean time, enjoy what you have my Dear