View Single Post
Old 26 April 2024, 08:51 AM   #20
BigPapiDoesItAgain
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pius XIII View Post
Not a loss AT ALL. The real shame here is that Adler’s was letting their main Rolex guy Adam make deals out of the back door for all of the hot models. He was clearly not interested in selling anything to actual enthusiasts and never wanted to bother selling anything else in the store. I’m sure he’s the reason they lost Patek and Cartier as well. He boasted about keeping his more expensive purchases of gold Patek and Rolex models off of the books so other employees couldn’t see his purchases. Good riddance.

Hopefully Rolex wises up to Lee Michaels’ antics of only promising in demand models in exchange for purchases of diamond jewelery and other slow sellers. Both managers and sales associates are very open about their quid pro quo policy. With this being the sales strategy for the remaining 1/2 of Rolex ADs in the area, it’s been very easy to lose all interest in Rolex as a brand.
damn Pius, Adam was the guy I was talking about in my post above. I hate to hear that. I wasn't showing interest in Rolex when I was in there, but we talked about watches for a good while. He did offer to hook me up with the Zadok people in HOU if I was looking for a Patek.

Know nothing of Metairie location of LMFJ, but again good things to say about the BR store with some no strings attached purchases - My brother picked up a GRNR about 4 weeks after registering interest with no purchase history there.
BigPapiDoesItAgain is offline   Reply With Quote