View Single Post
Old 20 April 2024, 03:50 AM   #49
jtorrebl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: what’s next.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
You highlight a nice added feature of the silver rings around the subdials of the black 126. As far as the white dials comparison, does the “refinement” of the 126 mean it’s less sporty to you?
In pics, I really dislike the new thin subdials, which is why I’m leaning black, but I find myself warming to the white 126 when I see certain wrist shots. Your comparison picture is very helpful in showing the difference in character.
I loved my 116500 white but always felt the bezel was tacked on and not a part of the watch. I liked the wild circus like contrast. With the new 126 I didn’t like the bezel ring either in pics. We were all so used to seeing a ceramic Daytona like this for years so we were used to it. then seeing the 126 in person totally swayed me. The ring makes it a more cohesive design and not an afterthought. Instead of the black contrasting more against the 116 white dial, it now complements the 126 white dial. The new bezel ring thins out the black bezel just a little to flow better overall. The thinner sundial rings are way more elegant to me. The fat rings now don’t look good to me. That’s what I mean by more refined. I debated the trade for 2 weeks. 2 visits to the dealer. Now as an owner for 6 weeks I like it even more. Absolutely no regrets. My mom has a 116 white. That size is good for her. My dad has a 116500 black and I’m trying to get him to trade as the new black universally is agreed to be a “better” update. When I saw his 116500 black last week, the black bezel matches the black dial better than the white but the new 126 ring is a very nice feature that I now love more.
jtorrebl is offline   Reply With Quote