View Single Post
Old 12 April 2024, 02:28 AM   #19
wb16
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16520 Daytona
After multiple years of careful consideration and (too many) hours of research, last month I finally acquired a '93 16520 with inverted-6 white dial, all brushed bracelet.

If helpful to share, I was hugely drawn to the uniqueness of the inverted-6 subdial and it's distinct font that is special to the early few series of 16520. Similarly, the fully-brushed bracelet matches the lugs so well, and I felt it was a good homage to the earlier series 4-digit Daytonas, and another unique distinction that the early 16520s have versus the PCL on current models. However, you really can't go wrong with any series 16520 as they are all phenomenal across years. As others have mentioned also, the 16520 subdial color contrast/size, positioning on the face, and the slimmer hour markers, are all a home-run on design in my opinion, that aesthetically make it a truly beautiful piece.

From monitoring prices the last couple of years, I would agree that now is a fairly good time to buy. There might be some wiggle room to drop further from today, but over time a well-conditioned 16520 will continue to appreciate over time. If you aren't looking to flip it, and rather are looking to acquire one at a good value when the perfect piece comes along from a reputable source, I think it will all be just a marginal delta at the end of the day.

Shout out to the great community here for such helpful insights and fun reading I enjoyed leading up to my purchase. This thing is going to be with me for the rest of my life.
wb16 is offline   Reply With Quote