View Single Post
Old 12 April 2024, 05:49 AM   #22
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyOld Boy View Post
Thing is though , many people buy and wear watches for the love of doing so , they could not care less about residuals. In fact some would say it's a bit crass to talk about watches "holding" or "losing" their "value" unless you are in the 100K+ bracket of spend.
This is not a pop at you , far from it , but a statement about the reason for owning a watch in the first place .... if it's purely about residual worth , then for many there is little point in the detail , be it brand or aesthetics ....
I love watches and all the details about them, but there is a nicety in knowing that there is a safety net if your world gets turned upside down, or on the bright side--you just want a change of scenery on your wrist and have to sell the watch to do so. Unless you have tons of money, most people don't want to take a huge hit on what they're buying in the event they go to sell it.

My point here is that there is a lot more security and mobility in most watches you could get vs most jewelry.

I'm just trying to address the OP's conundrum and say why it may make more sense to spend a little more with the AD than he could find the watch online for.
MRBolton is online now   Reply With Quote