View Single Post
Old 28 April 2024, 09:31 AM   #10
blackscout
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the helpful advice Dan. I figured this would be the best place to ask my questions. You are correct that I am not a watch collector. I just wanted to repair this watch. I am Leary of taking it somewhere and more so of sending it away. I never asked about authenticity or for anyone to validate my watch, that is not my concern. I would love to post pictures but as I stated before I don’t actuality spend enough time on this computer to be proficient.

Sending the watch to an independent watch maker close to me is the type of advice I was looking for. I admit that I am not versed in The watch world. I know enough to be careful. I was just looking for the advice of people that deal with these watches regularly. I did not know if sending the watch to Rolex was the best idea so I asked.

At one time a sub was the ultimate cool watch. Seems now, like so many things, it has been relegated to purview of the type of folks I avoid.

Anyway this watch can sit in the safe and my son can deal with it. That’s were it was going to go fixed or not. Friendly group you have here. I’ll show myself to the door.
blackscout is offline   Reply With Quote