View Single Post
Old 6 February 2024, 06:31 AM   #134
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERH View Post
A friend of mine, a pilot and heir, wanted a yacht so bad. One came up, he bought it, dumped a fortune in it. Up and down the marina, yacht after yacht, everyone had one, his was much the same. He couldn't take it and sold it. The lesson here is who you hang with, mere toys, vestments of the office or the crowd.

I have one, many others in my circle do to. It's a great watch. That's why I bought it. If I was going to get bored because others have what I have I'd have to get divorced. It seems that all around me others have wives too.

I know what you mean. I recently went to a party and they were serving Dom Perignon. Since every Joe Schmoe there was drinking it, I decided to drink Diet Coke instead. I didn’t want to drink what everyone else was drinking.

But seriously, maybe it’s just me, but I rarely see Submariners out in the wild. And please, nobody tell me it’s because of where I live or what I do. I was a technology executive (before retiring) for a Wall Street firm. I travel the world and I live in one of the richest communities in the country.

I think people on this forum tend to stretch the definition of “everyone.” They see one schmuck on their commute wearing one, and then they say, “everyone has one.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote