View Single Post
Old 25 April 2024, 12:27 AM   #5
jtorrebl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: what’s next.
Upgrade to 12 series WG Daytona?

I traded my 116500ln white for the new 126 white dial because of the new bezel; thinner black subdial rings, and stick hours markers. Overall cleaner look for me. I loved my old 116, but comparing them side by side in hand a couple of times it did it for me. My 116519LN silver black subdial though I’m keeping. I value the solid ceramic bezel due to durability. It won’t dent. The bezel ring surround made of gold would be too soft for comfort. Plus the solid ceramic bezel on the WG OF doesn’t overwhelm the bigger case of the WG watch with its bigger case. On my previous steel white dial 116500 I felt the ceramic bezel looked like an afterthought and didn’t flow with good design to me. While it contrasted boldly (maybe too much) eventually while comparing in hand the new 126 SS won out. With the smaller case of the 116 the dial started feeling cluttered with the thick sticks and black rings.
On the WG OF I also like how the thicker hour marks capture the sunlight better and fill up the dial space.
I haven’t seen the WG OF in hand, but the solid ceramic bezel give me more peace of mind against dings and flows good enough with the super case of the OF. The OF case is even thicker at the lugs than the new 126 steel Daytona.
The new thinner subdial rings while nice to me on the white 126500ln are lost on ghost so no game changer for me
jtorrebl is offline   Reply With Quote