View Single Post
Old 12 September 2012, 05:36 AM   #63
TSW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP's
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarchiegoodwin View Post
Hi All:

Sorry to revive a thread on AP Forum about Richard Mille (however AP made RM possible so there's a connection), but I wanted to relate a happy conclusion to the mishap with my watch band. And also to alert forum users who have older RM watches to verify if their bands are glued or bonded.

After I got my spare band installed it developed a different problem--sticky black stuff oozed from the edges. At first I thought I got chewing gum on it. But it kept leaving black marks where my wrist rests on my laptop that were sticky and hard to clean. Ugh. The next day it got really bad--every edge of the band was black and sticky.

I emailed the watch shop in Carmel I bought the bands from to alert them to these phenomena and ask for their recommendation. They emailed back immediately an offer to sell me a new band for $450. I also emailed the shop in Beverly Hills who sent my watch in for service (not related to the broken band) and got an unexpected response. That AD told me the old bands were glued and the new bands are bonded (there appears to be more material where the titanium plate is inserted) and offered me a new band for free!

It just arrived via FedEx from Torrance. I mention Torrance because I have been there and it's a very prosperous commercial center, but not where you would expect to find anything related to Richard Mille. Nonetheless confidence in my little watch has been restored and I will wear it with impunity--or until I find that ideal AP.

Cheers.

RC
Great to hear the good news
I see that you found your screw driver too.

AP Owners Club
IG @swiss.watch.connection
TSW is offline   Reply With Quote