Thread: 16520 vs 16523
View Single Post
Old 14 April 2024, 11:48 PM   #25
bmwsubmariner
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post
Nowadays, I'm seeing nice 16520 examples (usually polished) in the $26K-$27K range, and unpolished collector examples closer to $30K and above. These are usually with papers but are often not full sets, meaning with all boxes, manuals, tags, etc ... That affects the price, of course. Also, that's in the U.S. Europe is higher, as usual.

Still, if you're not a stickler for case condition and B&P, good deals can be had right now in the lower $20Ks from what I have been seeing.

BTW, high-yield savings accounts are a thing of the past, in my experience anyway, but that's a discussion for a different forum.
All good info! My hope is that if I decide to go with a 16520, I'll be able to get some info from the seller to make sure that the case condition is strong, but may still post here to be sure I'm not missing anything since I'm not a vintage expert.

I'm definitely a stickler for condition and also at least a set that has papers, but would prefer a full set example with everything, although I know many of these watches have had full sets that have been pieced together over the years.

If buying from a reputable seller, I'd think they'd be able to confirm that it is what I'm expecting.
bmwsubmariner is offline   Reply With Quote