View Single Post
Old 9 September 2023, 01:29 PM   #98
Blue Crown
2024 Pledge Member

Incoming_New Tambour Blue Dial

Initial Thread from Watcheroo:
Very interesting release in my opinion. I like the clean design. What’s your first impression?

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/lo...n-tambour-2023

Thanks for posting this thread. It peaked my interest. I appreciate blue dial watches. I also appreciate the new direction the young leadership is envisioning for LVMH. I believe they are already successful with the other "truer" watch brands they own so this should be interesting as it develops.

I became passionate on collecting watches over the past 2 years and find the hobby fascinating and expensive. My primary commitments (5+ per brand) is Rolex and Cartier. I have Tudor, Breitling, Citizen, Christopher Ward and a beautiful Zenith. I have had my eye on this Tambour watch since I first started watching the Youtube videos and online information early this summer. Then a few weeks back stumbled upon this thread. I found the comments, additional info & links provided by members insightful and added to my interest. The Rolex Forum is just excellent.

I too, was impressed with Jean Arnault's interviews and passion for watches as a collector. I think he has an incredible opportunity to take control of this LVMH division and envision his dream. I know this watch is a big step up for the brand.

I think this watch is beautiful and unique in its enhancements and design. But that can be said about a lot of watches. What draws collectors to a particular watch or brand is personal taste and I appreciate my pieces like fine art.

So, in early July I was in NYC and stopped in at the LV on 57th street in Manhattan. I wanted to see if they had this watch available to view and try on. I am not a LVMH client but respect and admire the brand and interested in the blue Tambour. My wife owns a couple of bags that were purchased over the years but that was it. I am very passionate about watches and with that, I was directed to one of their watch CA's. He was very informative and excited about this shift in watchmaking for LVMH as well. They unfortunately at that time did not have them available in the store. He explained they are planning an initial release of 17 of each style in the U.S. for end of 2023 and would be limited in the low hundreds for 2024 on.

He informed me that the store would receive a few of each style for initial release to their private clients – possibly starting October delivered in their oversize watch trunk. (See pic provided by CA from an event – not my pic). The watch box / trunk alone is in the $6K+ range so the watch value is probably closer to a $12K piece.

I asked if they had an initial release blue dial tambour available for sale as it would possibly make a great addition to my collection. He checked with his manager, who came out to meet me and after a brief conversation, she offered me one in blue. I bought it on the blind – 30 days return from delivery expected Mid-October. To me it was worth the risk. I was traveling to Paris in September, and they offered to arrange for a viewing at one of the LV boutiques there.

Big surprise, this past Wednesday the CA called to let me know the exhibition watches had arrived in NYC. As I was in town again, he invited me in for a private viewing. I can say I am very happy with the watch. My iphone pictures are truly bad as I tried to catch the difference in the shifting of the blues – sometimes going grey. I focused on the pics of the blue tambour only. I find the lug-less band sleek and sexy as it nicely hugs and wraps around my 7.5” wrist perfectly. The thin 8.3mm case sinks into the skin of the top my wrist adding to the overall sleekness. The detail overall is amazing and shows off the brand (name & logo) in different ways on the front and within the movement. The name Louis Vuitton has 12 letters. Clever and unique to see them stamped on the outer bezel, to match the positioning of the 12-hour markers subtle and not blaring from the distance. The movement is a nice design in its monotone simplicity and the rose gold rotor and accents. The finishing is detailed and fine, it is a beautiful watch and somewhat mesmerizing. The five different combinations shown in the box were very nice. These are the first in a new level and offering of watches. Well done LVMH.

Still going to view then in Paris next week. More pics to follow and I will add the other models as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture1.jpg (14.0 KB, 812 views)
File Type: jpg Picture2.jpg (14.1 KB, 809 views)
File Type: jpg Picture3.jpg (75.6 KB, 812 views)
File Type: jpg Picture4.jpg (13.9 KB, 812 views)
File Type: jpg Picture5.jpg (63.1 KB, 811 views)
File Type: jpg Picture6.jpg (57.3 KB, 815 views)
File Type: jpg Picture7.jpg (36.6 KB, 813 views)
File Type: jpg Picture8.jpg (75.4 KB, 815 views)
File Type: jpg Picture9.jpg (39.5 KB, 815 views)
File Type: jpg Picture10.jpg (13.7 KB, 811 views)