The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 June 2024, 03:36 AM   #151
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
You need to stop obsessing over this. Your watch is genuine. It’s already been authenticated. Honestly, if that is a clone, it’s the best I’ve ever seen. One thing the makers of reps can’t get right is waterproofing and the accuracy of the movement. Have you timed it? Put it under running water? Shower with it. A replica will have water ingress. Makers of clones do not replicate the white hang tag. Your watch is absolutely 100% genuine. Just wear it and enjoy it.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I thought I read that stuff like the hangtags can be replicated fairly easily, could be wrong though as I’ve read so much that I may have misread that,I havnt timed it, certainly havnt put it anywhere near water, just saw a video that showed how the replicas struggle to get the brightness of the lume compared to authentic ones?I can at least check out that element I suppose, just need to wait until it’s dark later tonight.
Paddydog52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2024, 04:01 AM   #152
Neil McCauley
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddydog52 View Post
I thought I read that stuff like the hangtags can be replicated fairly easily, could be wrong though as I’ve read so much that I may have misread that,I havnt timed it, certainly havnt put it anywhere near water, just saw a video that showed how the replicas struggle to get the brightness of the lume compared to authentic ones?I can at least check out that element I suppose, just need to wait until it’s dark later tonight.
I think you should probably sell it tbh

No matter what, I don't think you'll be satisfied

Or at least you think you will, then you'll decide to sell it a week later after wasting everyone's time going round in circles lol
Old 1 June 2024, 04:35 AM   #153
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Just take a shower with it on! If it’s a replica, and gets water ingress, who cares? You can certainly synchronize the time with time.gov, or similar site from UK. If it’s keeping time within + or minus 2 seconds per day, it’s real. Then there is how it looks and feels. When you hold a genuine Rolex in your hand, you can feel that it’s a high quality genuine watch. The Replica companies can’t mimic the overall quality. I hope this helps settle your mind.

Kat

KatGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2024, 04:40 AM   #154
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
I think you should probably sell it tbh

No matter what, I don't think you'll be satisfied

Or at least you think you will, then you'll decide to sell it a week later after wasting everyone's time going round in circles lol
I certainly won’t be selling anytime soon as I turned down the £11,500 cash alternative at the time of the win and there isn’t a dealer in this land that will be prepared to pay me £11,500 for it for I would estimate at least another 1-2 years, even if it does reach those prices again I’m not interested as I’d likely manage to burn through the cash so am keeping the watch as it’s grown on me more and more over time.
Old 1 June 2024, 06:21 AM   #155
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Additional Authentication required?

Quote:

I’ve never heard of, or seen a replicated white hang tag! The ones you see for sale on eBay are genuine ones, that people sell. Not sure why anyone would buy them, because they include the serial number, which would not match a different watch, other than the one it came on.

Kat

KatGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2024, 06:32 AM   #156
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

Right, think I’m making progress, bought this:

https://amzn.eu/d/bSqstxZ

Which I will use to rewatch this video:

https://youtu.be/AmWBRCyliNI?si=BcnQTIgL3qiysF7Y

Now, I realise that the guy in the above video is currently in prison awaiting trial for an alleged $5 million dollar fraud but that fraud didn’t involve selling fake Rolexes so I think what he tells you to look for is likely correct, I will just follow the video step by step (apart from the bit towards the end where he opens the back) a few times and as long as everything looks perfect and as it should under the magnifying glass then I will have much more confidence and can finally relax!
Old 1 June 2024, 06:40 AM   #157
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

Even a dummy like me can follow a step by step video and just look out for how he is saying each part should or shouldn't be, I realise he is using a Hulk to demonstrate but I'm presuming that the hulk has the exact same markings and style as the starbucks, happy to be corrected on that though of course.
Old 1 June 2024, 07:48 AM   #158
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Even a dummy like me can follow a step by step video and just look out for how he is saying each part should or shouldn't be, I realise he is using a Hulk to demonstrate but I'm presuming that the hulk has the exact same markings and style as the starbucks, happy to be corrected on that though of course.

Not really.

I can't understand why in 9 months time you wouldn't send it to RSC, ask for a service estimate, and then learn for sure. The shipping and cost of estimate is under £100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2024, 08:23 AM   #159
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Not really.

I can't understand why in 9 months time you wouldn't send it to RSC, ask for a service estimate, and then learn for sure. The shipping and cost of estimate is under £100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Warranty runs out mid 2026? Not sure if you have to wait until then until you can send it in but when I asked the AD, explaining my situation that it was won in a comp etc and if I could send it in now rather than wait until the warranty expires he ceased responding! It may be that he thought I was a nutter or the comp element put him off engaging any further or something else but havnt heard back, tried to tell myself that perhaps it was just his day off and that’s why no response, will have to wait and see.

If I can satisfy myself by inspecting it more closely without coming across any obvious reg flags then that hopefully will be enough without having to send it anywhere, Stoll & Co have looked it over after all so on that basis I shouldn’t be getting so pent up like I have been recently and just accept that it is perfectly fine and authentic
Old 1 June 2024, 09:14 AM   #160
rolex_DateJust
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes please!
I’m just going to blatantly be honest here…

… why are you still with this? I feel like teenagers, who are extremely stubborn and stuck on their ways, will actually listen to others. You’ve been at this for 9 months. If it would’ve been me in your shoes, I would’ve taken that watch, in person, to get it authenticated for my peace of mind, within a week of taking delivery of that watch.

Like Kat has said, I have never really seen a white tat be replicated BUT now I’m starting to have my doubts because your posts might make me think you might have a good replica clone and you want to try and pass it off as one, even though you say you want to keep the watch long term.

Seriously man, it’s been 9 months of you having that watch. Either take it to get authenticated, IN PERSON, or don’t. People will eventually stop writing to you, as this is my last response to your thread.

Enjoy the watch, or sell it, like it’s been stated several times.

Do what you please

The choice that will last a lifetime
rolex_DateJust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:56 AM   #161
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

I think it’s fine, everything tally’s up with serial numbers etc etc, Iv’e checked out all the different areas to make sure everything looks as it should be and can’t see any red flags anywhere, Stoll & Co checked it over inc removing the back and checking the internal components so that proves beyond all doubt it’s authenticity, just had 2 or 3 days of extreme anxiety for whatever reason which has just resulted in headaches and a very sore jaw from the tension building up, often these flare ups are likely due to something else rather than the issue you transfix on, for some reason it was the watch on this occasion but now realise that there is no issue with regards to authenticity!

Back in the draw it goes and stays until I give it a wind at some point later this year then back in its box it goes for many more months until I give it a wind and so on.

Thanks all for your reassurances, think I just bombarded my brain and stated to become unjustifiably paranoid with regards to this issue! didn’t mean to be too much of a pain!