The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 8 July 2020, 11:25 AM   #1
illiguy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Collector Feedback - Green Swimpruf Tag?

Did a forum search and learned that certain ADs either kept the old Green Swimpruf tag for inventory purposes or, alternatively, removed the price/serial number on the tag (this is before the current white hangtag and supply/demand madness on stainless steel sport Rolex models that we’ve been in since mid-2017). I read that Swiss, Japanese and a smattering of US ADs did this. Is that true?

For collectors out there fixated on “complete sets”, how would one treat a set that came with everything, but the Green Swimpruf tag ... or a set that came with everything + the original Green Swimpruf tag without the bespoke serial number and price tag sticker for the watch?

Note: This has nothing to do with value retention or other disallowed monetary topics on TRF. Asking purely from a collectibility standpoint (realizing it’s just a piece of plastic).
illiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2020, 11:35 AM   #2
csaltphoto
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub
Well, the green tag without the serial number is just a piece of plastic. The serial number is the provenance that ties it to the watch. FWIW, I bought a full set and the green tag had the serial but the price had been scraped off.
csaltphoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:29 AM   #3
CalicoRock480
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day Date II
But does the new watches usually come with that? All mine other watches came with the white tag.
CalicoRock480 is offline   Reply With Quote