The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 18 November 2005, 03:01 AM   #1
Atomic

Supersize Me

Anyone ever see this documentary? It was really, very good and actually put me completely off McDonalds. Not that I was a big customer, but when in the car, it was a quick, cheap meal. After seeing that doc, I hadn't touched Micky Dees in over a year... until last night.

We took C there (for the playroom cuz she'd had a particularly hard day) and had um, "dinner" if you want to call it that. It was a good reminder as to why I don't eat there. I guess it's like an ex-smoker having a drag after being clean for a year or two. BleeeeeeecK!

I read in the paper a while back that the doc Supersize Me was a direct reason why McDonalds started to introduce deli sandwiches. Sales dropped off that much in North America...
Old 18 November 2005, 03:03 AM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
In recent months, they have come up with a number of low fat salads and what have you. The only time I ever go there is with my little Annika who loves the nuggets and the cute toy that comes along with the Kids Meal!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!

Last edited by JJ Irani; 18 November 2005 at 03:04 AM..
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2005, 03:55 AM   #3
----

Saw the doc, it was great. I will absolutely not eat at the golden arches except for breakfast if I'm on the road (bacon and egg mcmuffins specifically). While travelling for weeks at a time with 20-something guys on archery trips, it was very difficult to not eat there, but I managed it most of the time, even if it meant that they dropped me somewhere and went there by themselves.......

Reminds me of one in New Jersey we went to a few years ago while at an archery tournament - the guy doing the drive through window could not say "mcmuffin" no matter how hard he tried. He confirmed my order of a "bacon and egg mcmuffin" by repeating back in a spanish accent (?) the following spoken very quickly: "so, you wanna bacon an egg anna muffin?"

Since all in the car were laughing hysterically, we were unable to repsond, so he kept saying it over and over again.......who the hell gets hired at mcdonalds and not be able to pronounce "mcmuffin"????
Old 18 November 2005, 04:01 AM   #4
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 18 November 2005, 04:08 AM   #5
BruceS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
JJ your granddaughter is beautiful!
BruceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2005, 04:14 AM   #6
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceS
JJ your granddaughter is beautiful!
Thanks, but this guy simply takes the cake for CUTENESS!!

Old 18 November 2005, 04:14 AM   #7
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Saw the doc, it was great. I will absolutely not eat at the golden arches except for breakfast if I'm on the road (bacon and egg mcmuffins specifically). While travelling for weeks at a time with 20-something guys on archery trips, it was very difficult to not eat there, but I managed it most of the time, even if it meant that they dropped me somewhere and went there by themselves.......

Reminds me of one in New Jersey we went to a few years ago while at an archery tournament - the guy doing the drive through window could not say "mcmuffin" no matter how hard he tried. He confirmed my order of a "bacon and egg mcmuffin" by repeating back in a spanish accent (?) the following spoken very quickly: "so, you wanna bacon an egg anna muffin?"

Since all in the car were laughing hysterically, we were unable to repsond, so he kept saying it over and over again.......who the hell gets hired at mcdonalds and not be able to pronounce "mcmuffin"????
Hilarious!

With all my travelling for bike racing, and also during the period I worked in the ski industry, I confess I ate waaaay too much McDonalds. Thanks to that doc, I can understand why I often felt the way I did while on the road.

I think we'll keep the Golden Arches for "special" occasions when we need to use the playroom.
Old 18 November 2005, 04:16 AM   #8
BruceS
"TRF" Member

Awww thanks JJ :)
Old 18 November 2005, 04:17 AM   #9
BruceS
"TRF" Member

We only eat that junk when we're driving a long way, which isn't often.
Old 18 November 2005, 04:18 AM   #10
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceS
Awww thanks JJ :)
You're welcome, Bruce....just go ahead and give that little Josh another BIG hug, kiss, squash, roll and squeeze from his bald Uncle JJ.

Old 18 November 2005, 07:08 AM   #11
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
HOLY SHINTO!! Johnny, I took Dylan, just the two of us to McDonalds last night for the same reason. He was upset Grandma and Grandpa went home and also that he had to go back to school. So he and Dad had a dinner out and a date on the big inside toy.

We eat a bunch of fast food, although Andie usually gets whatever is healthy and I get whatever I want. Dylan refuses to drink soda and has to have fruit with every meal so the kids meals are pretty good for him. He is high maintenence just like his Pops.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2005, 07:10 AM   #12
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman
HOLY SHINTO!! Johnny, I took Dylan, just the two of us to McDonalds last night for the same reason. He was upset Grandma and Grandpa went home and also that he had to go back to school. So he and Dad had a dinner out and a date on the big inside toy.

We eat a bunch of fast food, although Andie usually gets whatever is healthy and I get whatever I want. Dylan refuses to drink soda and has to have fruit with every meal so the kids meals are pretty good for him. He is high maintenence just like his Pops.
I think we were separated at birth. I mean, the resemblance between the two of us is uncanny too.
Old 18 November 2005, 07:11 AM   #13
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic
I think we were separated at birth. I mean, the resemblance between the two of us is uncanny too.
Like Devito and Arnold in Twins.

Old 18 November 2005, 07:12 AM   #14
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman
Like Devito and Arnold in Twins.

Yeah, it's like lookin' into a mirra'.
Old 18 November 2005, 07:13 AM   #15
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic
Yeah, it's like lookin' into a mirra'.
At the circus.