The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 July 2022, 11:13 PM   #1
MinutesKing
"TRF" Member

Rolex Logo at the Bottom of the Dial

Hi
I bought a second hand Rolex Datejust with mother of pearl dial 41".
The card I got with the watch says "Febuary 11th 2019".
The dial though, does not feature the Rolex logo between the words "Swiss Made" at the bottom (I'm attaching two pictures that show the "Swiss Made" with and without the logo - which I took from the internet)

I read in this forum that watched made after 2018 should feature the Rolex logo between the words "Swiss Made".

Also, when I pull the crown to modify the time in my Rolex, the hands are able to move to both side (clockwise and counter clockwise), but the Rolex site says the hands should be able to rotate only at the "correct" way (i.e clockwise), and when you rotate them the other way - nothing should happen.

Could you please help me understand wether those things mean my watch is authentic?

p.s
I took my watch to the official Rolex service provider in my country to moderate the size of the bracelet, and they gave my Rolex a service without telling me it is fake or anything, does that mean they thought it was authentic? or is it possible that my watch is such a good fake that the service provider did not notice it was a fake?

HELP-!!!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 16.07.31.png (29.9 KB, 1115 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 16.07.13.png (15.9 KB, 1117 views)
MinutesKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2022, 11:25 PM   #2
carnage9191
"TRF" Member

Watch: Skydweller
Just because the card is issued in 2019 does not mean it was manufactured that year. it could of been made 2018 and sold the next year.

When you pull the crown out, hands go in either direction for any watch where do you see that on Rolex's site? This sounds just made up?

You should just buy from a trusted source and not introduce yourself to so much doubt.
carnage9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2022, 11:32 PM   #3
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinutesKing View Post
. . .
Also, when I pull the crown to modify the time in my Rolex, the hands are able to move to both side (clockwise and counter clockwise), but the Rolex site says the hands should be able to rotate only at the "correct" way (i.e clockwise), and when you rotate them the other way - nothing should happen.
. . .
The crown indicates the 32xx movement, not the year it was made/shipped/sold.

When pulling the crown out, all Rolex watches will move the hands in either direction, it's always been that way. Perhaps you could re-read what you saw and show it to us exactly as it reads.

Depending on the movement, when you turn the crown clockwise the hands will move clockwise, and on others when you turn the crown clockwise, the hands will move counterclockwise. But you have always been able to go both ways, otherwise how could you adjust your watch properly.
Old 24 July 2022, 12:18 AM   #4
Bxtek
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinutesKing View Post
First time I had ever heard of this. As far as I know, ALL Rolex watches can go forward or backward when setting the time. Please post up the link to that page on the Rolex website. We would all love to take a look.

Welcome to TRF. Also....Congrats on your MOP DJ41!
Bxtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2022, 05:59 AM   #5
Sprezzatura!,
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
There are 32 movements without the crown logo, so that wasn’t exclusively why at the time around 2018.
Sprezzatura!, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2022, 06:02 AM   #6
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

Find the reference number of your watch on the warranty card, Google it and find what the other ones look like
omar-rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2022, 06:25 AM   #7
MrMikee
"TRF" Member

Are you sure you can’t see the Rolex logo etched into the glass at 6? It’s super difficult to see but if you go across the glass with a light, you’ll find it.
MrMikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2022, 06:34 AM   #8
HankScorpio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMikee View Post
Are you sure you can’t see the Rolex logo etched into the glass at 6? It’s super difficult to see but if you go across the glass with a light, you’ll find it.
OP is talking about the crown printed on the dial not the one etched into the crystal.
HankScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2022, 05:53 PM   #9
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprezzatura!, View Post
There are 32 movements without the crown logo, so that wasn’t exclusively why at the time around 2018.
True but seeing dials are made in 3 different factories now all owned by Rolex, in the real world there is no exact time frame for dial variations.As over the past 50 odd years there always have been, and always will be tiny variations in fonts, spacing etc,on dials and even bezel insert fonts and colours.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2022, 08:30 PM   #10
chris242
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610lv
Hopefully this didn’t happen, but it’s possible that the previous seller filled out the warranty card themself to make it seem newer than it actually is. Was it a reputable dealer you bought it from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chris242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2022, 03:04 AM   #11
Sprezzatura!,
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
True but seeing dials are made in 3 different factories now all owned by Rolex, in the real world there is no exact time frame for dial variations.As over the past 50 odd years there always have been, and always will be tiny variations in fonts, spacing etc,on dials and even bezel insert fonts and colours.
Yep I agree - was just pointing out it once wasn’t exclusive to mean it contained a 32 movement, but by default it now does as they all have the logo.
Sprezzatura!, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2022, 04:04 AM   #12
Osmin
"TRF" Member

My Datejust 41 from 2018 does not have the crown either. It came only later
Osmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2022, 04:53 AM   #13
aniconic
"TRF" Member

Crown dates from 2020?

The crown at the bottom of DJ41 seems to date from 2020.

If you look at, for example, SS DJ41 in various listings, you find 2019 and earlier (as dated by warranty card) lack the crown (it says SWISS followed by upside down 30 followed by MADE) whereas 2020 and newer show the crown (it says SWISS crown MADE, and no upside down 30). Rolex's own configurator shows the crown.
aniconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2022, 05:57 AM   #14
MikeyV
"TRF" Member

Watch: DateJust 41 TT
My 2019 DJ41 has the "30" there. The crown came a little later, as mentioned above.
MikeyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2022, 09:28 AM   #15
MinutesKing
"TRF" Member

Thank you all for the informative answers.
I re-checked it and indeed I don’t know how I got into this belief that the dial should rotate only clockwise. I saw in a formal Rolex YouTube video that that the dial indeed should rotate in either directions.

Also thank you all the people that wrote that the crown between the “Swiss Made” was added only at 2020.

Will defenetly keep using this amazing forum.

BTW, once in how many years should I take my watch to a service?
Old 18 April 2023, 02:38 PM   #16
MinutesKing
"TRF" Member

Rolex say at their site that the hands should not rotate the "wrong" direction

Quote:

When pulling the crown out, all Rolex watches will move the hands in either direction, it's always been that way. Perhaps you could re-read what you saw and show it to us exactly as it reads.

Depending on the movement, when you turn the crown clockwise the hands will move clockwise, and on others when you turn the crown clockwise, the hands will move counterclockwise. But you have always been able to go both ways, otherwise how could you adjust your watch properly.

Hi, it's been a long time since I wrote this thread but I just now encountered the place at their site where they mention it. I couldn't remember where it was back then. Here it is:

"To wind the watch manually, unscrew the winding crown completely, then turn it several times clockwise (turning in the other direction has no effect). A minimum of 25 turns is required for adequate partial winding"

and the quote is from this page
They say that rotating to the "wrong" side will result in nothing happening...

They do not let me post a link because I'm new to the forum but just google the sentence and you will find the place in their site they say it
Old 18 April 2023, 03:25 PM   #17
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Hi,

Your quote from the Rolex page refers to winding the watch at the first unscrewed position not setting the time with the crown pulled fully out.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2023, 03:26 PM   #18
expy2
"TRF" Member

They are talking about winding the watch (it will only wind in one direction) not setting the time (hands). This is perfectly normal. Enjoy your watch my friend.
expy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2023, 03:39 PM   #19
Rolexken
"TRF" Member

Quote:

That is correct for the Sub when it changed from the 11……. series to the 12…… series but not correct for the Datejust. I bought a DJ41 in May 2019 with the 32xx movement and no crown at the 6 o clock.
Rolexken is offline   Reply With Quote