The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 August 2021, 11:04 PM   #1
Big Tex Rolex
"TRF" Member

Any Watches in the Switzerland ADs ???

I have a colleague going to Zurich next week … I gave her a list, a map (and a bag full of money) of the 4 ADs in Zurich … any chance she’ll find me a watch ?

I’m obsessed with owning the new 41mm Submariner 126613LB (Bluesy), aside from buying one at a “Grey”.

I am striking out with my home ADs … and thought, hmmm, Switzerland / Rolex / my friend … maybe ???
Big Tex Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 01:00 AM   #2
Master_Grogu
Banned

You will get nothing. 126613LB used to be displayed at first but now it’s on a waiting list like all pro models. I am not saying not to try, but you will 50% chance get “we don’t sell to non locals” and 50% chance get “we have nothing”.
Master_Grogu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 01:12 AM   #3
GMT Freak
"TRF" Member

Maybe check the factories, they probably have what you want there.
GMT Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 01:33 AM   #4
MONTANTK
"TRF" Member

My understanding is Switzerland is very expensive to buy watches. I don’t know the exact price but the price you’d pay in Switzerland may be pretty darn close to grey prices for that specific watch
MONTANTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 01:49 AM   #5
Yaz
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16710
I don’t think you’ll get any hot model faster than with any other AD abroad.
Same stories here in Switzerland than abroad.

Regarding prices, it’s actually better to get them here in Switzerland than abroad (VAT is lower and foreigners can get them without VAT). It’s true at least for EU.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Yaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 01:54 AM   #6
Yaz
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16710

VAT (7.7%) included

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Yaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 02:31 AM   #7
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Simple answer is nothing available
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 02:59 AM   #8
Gah73
"TRF" Member

I bought my wife a 37 mm Yachtmaster last month, while I was there I asked to have a Bluesy put on my wishlist and the sa refused. She said I could only buy one professional model a year and since I had just bought the Yachtmaster for my wife I couldn't buy another watch.
I went to the 2nd AD in my city and they said we have no men's watches, we don't know when we will get any and when we do get some they are already reserved for our customers, you should try in the other shop.
Gah73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 03:17 AM   #9
TimepieceRPP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gah73 View Post
I bought my wife a 37 mm Yachtmaster last month, while I was there I asked to have a Bluesy put on my wishlist and the sa refused. She said I could only buy one professional model a year and since I had just bought the Yachtmaster for my wife I couldn't buy another watch.
I went to the 2nd AD in my city and they said we have no men's watches, we don't know when we will get any and when we do get some they are already reserved for our customers, you should try in the other shop.
What a shame.... I used to get all hot SS models in Zurich prior to 2018...

What s wrong... lol
TimepieceRPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 03:51 AM   #10
Meyrin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 14060
Sorry, I really don't think she'll find anything, certainly no ss sports models. But she'll certainly be able to get you a lovely cuckoo clock! But joking aside, you just never know...!
Meyrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 04:01 AM   #11
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

You can get the bluesy for 2k over retail and not pay tax. Why not just go grey?
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 06:07 AM   #12
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tex Rolex View Post
I have a colleague going to Zurich next week … I gave her a list, a map (and a bag full of money) of the 4 ADs in Zurich … any chance she’ll find me a watch ?

I’m obsessed with owning the new 41mm Submariner 126613LB (Bluesy), aside from buying one at a “Grey”.

I am striking out with my home ADs … and thought, hmmm, Switzerland / Rolex / my friend … maybe ???
No
Go grey
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 06:18 AM   #13
Gold Coast
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126500LN
Have a visit to Bucherers Zurich Bahnhofstrasse. As others have said, no chance to get a new sports model Rolex, but there's a super nice Certified Preowned department upstairs. They have a nice selection and even a bar. On Friday afternoon/evenings there's a musician(s) playing music too. I recommend making an appointment and have a SA show you some pieces you have interest in. https://www.bucherer.com/ch/en/buy-c...?start=0&sz=24
Gold Coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 06:48 AM   #14
rallyx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Holly's Lady DJ
While your colleague is at the ADs, ask her to get you some blinker fluid too.
Old 18 August 2021, 07:00 AM   #15
tyguy74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Z-Blue
Bahnhofstrasse is amazing flagship Rolex store! Excellent customer service and incredible views/scenery on the road! Didn’t know they had a bar upstairs and a pre-owned selection, I would tell your friend to try going there to land a blue dial bi-metal sub
tyguy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 07:06 AM   #16
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, CHNR, SUB
Highly unlikely OP not to mention even if she could the import duties you would have to pay returning it home would be higher than going grey… if you risk smuggling it back I hardly think it’s worth the hassle… if caught you’ll be flagged/she’ll be flagged for life
Cigars&Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 07:10 AM   #17
Alex71168
"TRF" Member

No chance was there the other day only a few two tone date just’s I’m afraid
Alex71168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 07:11 AM   #18
Alex71168
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONTANTK View Post
My understanding is Switzerland is very expensive to buy watches. I don’t know the exact price but the price you’d pay in Switzerland may be pretty darn close to grey prices for that specific watch
Prices are much the same as anywhere else in Europe
Alex71168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 07:11 AM   #19
Big Tex Rolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaTuna View Post
You can get the bluesy for 2k over retail and not pay tax. Why not just go grey?
I don't know why ... I just cannot go Grey.
I actually went to a Grey here, who had 2 ... put it on, just to see it ... confirmed that I love it ... but ... I think the reason is ... I just do not want to support the Greys.
Old 18 August 2021, 07:12 AM   #20
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I would put myself on the list and say your glad to wait a year... Unless you’re a big spender that’s the rules we have to play by.. myself, I’m waiting for my next watch hopefully a blro… will make an amazing moment when I get it hopefully for my 50th in 1.5 years..
Old 18 August 2021, 07:15 AM   #21
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Used to be buying a ladies watch meant something…Just goes to show you it doesn’t mean much anymore and won’t bump you up the list…. Madness
Old 18 August 2021, 07:16 AM   #22
Big Tex Rolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You couldn't just hand them the YachtMaster back !!!??? Lol
Old 18 August 2021, 07:20 AM   #23
Big Tex Rolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigars&Watches View Post
Highly unlikely OP not to mention even if she could the import duties you would have to pay returning it home would be higher than going grey… if you risk smuggling it back I hardly think it’s worth the hassle… if caught you’ll be flagged/she’ll be flagged for life
No, I wouldn't ask her to sneak it in ... I already told her be upfront, and pay all.

I actually hate putting her through all this ... based on what you gents (and gals) have told me, I think I'll just keep visiting my AD and hoping.
Old 18 August 2021, 07:24 AM   #24
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

I know if I bought a watch overseas with exchange and import duties it would be much more in Canada. More than going grey... Probably cheaper to go grey if you can’t wait otherwise keep at it
Old 18 August 2021, 07:59 AM   #25
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Isn't there still a Rolex Factory Outlet store on the edge of town out by Discount Cheese & Ricola World?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 01:47 PM   #26
flightlevel150
"TRF" Member

Don’t know about Zurich but in Geneva I recently saw a TT YM 40. As far as steel models, a couple of OP34, 31&36mm DJ.
One AD also had 4 different TT Daytonas in the back (MOP, Black diamond, Champagne and white. My friend left with the champagne dial one.
Haven’t asked for TT Subs.

From my experience, ADs usually want you to be local to put you on a waitlist.

As a few other members have posted, prices in Switzerland are actually relatively low due to the lower taxes than in the rest of Europe. However the weakening USD may hurt you just a bit.

Finally, I second the great opinion of Bucherer Certified Pre-Owned. Great experience and very reasonably priced second-hand watches.
flightlevel150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 02:03 PM   #27
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONTANTK View Post
I bought my BLNR from Bucherer in Geneva for 10% less than US MSRP at the time. Since then the stated policy has changed to "locals only".
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 02:07 PM   #28
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigars&Watches View Post
For the US import duties should be minimal (few %).
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 10:32 PM   #29
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
I was there recently, no chance
Old 18 August 2021, 11:34 PM   #30
Big Tex Rolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightlevel150 View Post
Don’t know about Zurich but in Geneva I recently saw a TT YM 40. As far as steel models, a couple of OP34, 31&36mm DJ.
One AD also had 4 different TT Daytonas in the back (MOP, Black diamond, Champagne and white. My friend left with the champagne dial one.
Haven’t asked for TT Subs.

From my experience, ADs usually want you to be local to put you on a waitlist.

As a few other members have posted, prices in Switzerland are actually relatively low due to the lower taxes than in the rest of Europe. However the weakening USD may hurt you just a bit.

Finally, I second the great opinion of Bucherer Certified Pre-Owned. Great experience and very reasonably priced second-hand watches.

Doesn’t everyone who lives in Switzerland already have every Rolex they want !??
I imagine Switzerland being like Willie Wonkas Chocolate Factory … every Rolex you could ever want laying in a flower meadow … Pateks hanging from the trees … JLC floating down a river of Champagne …