The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 8 September 2017, 09:38 AM   #1
Rebbecuda
"TRF" Member

SS Daytona 3 year warranty???

I bought my SS Daytona march of 2015 just before the warranty changed to 5yr. I read that mine may have been extended to a 3 year warranty by Rolex for watches purchased between July 1, 2013 and June 30, 2015 but my ad has never herd such a thing? We sent to Rolex for service with my fingers crossed. Curious if anyone has a Rolex in this timeframe that has had service done reciently under warranty? Mine keeps randomly stopping and i have never had to wind it in 2 years but now I'm needing to wind it every few days.
Rebbecuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2017, 09:39 AM   #2
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
should be under warranty afaik
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2017, 09:41 AM   #3
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Show your AD this letter. See the first paragraph.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rolex_5_year.jpg (152.7 KB, 556 views)
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2017, 09:48 AM   #4
Rebbecuda
"TRF" Member

Looks promising thanks
Old 8 September 2017, 10:01 AM   #5
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
Even if your AD doesn't know it's under warranty Rolex will. As long as your warranty card is valid you're good to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 8 September 2017, 10:20 AM   #6
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbecuda View Post
I bought my SS Daytona march of 2015 just before the warranty changed to 5yr. I read that mine may have been extended to a 3 year warranty by Rolex for watches purchased between July 1, 2013 and June 30, 2015 but my ad has never herd such a thing? We sent to Rolex for service with my fingers crossed. Curious if anyone has a Rolex in this timeframe that has had service done reciently under warranty? Mine keeps randomly stopping and i have never had to wind it in 2 years but now I'm needing to wind it every few days.
I bought my LVC Jan 2015. I confirmed at RSC it's under warranty till Jan 2018 (three years). 3/2015? You should be good to go.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2017, 05:17 AM   #7
Rebbecuda
"TRF" Member

Update

I received a call from my AD today and the watch was magnetized? Good news is the repair is complementary and I only need to pay for a new pusher for $280 since i'm assuming it's related to it being magnetized. Trying to figure out how it happened baffles me but I guess I need to be more cautious moving foreword. Hopefully it comes back freshly polished and I won't complain about the charge!
Old 1 October 2017, 05:37 AM   #8
Golf&Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116719
Quote:
Update

I received a call from my AD today and the watch was magnetized? Good news is the repair is complementary and I only need to pay for a new pusher for $280 since i'm assuming it's related to it being magnetized. Trying to figure out how it happened baffles me but I guess I need to be more cautious moving foreword. Hopefully it comes back freshly polished and I won't complain about the charge!
The watch is under warranty, why are you paying for anything? Did you damage the pusher?
Golf&Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2017, 08:48 AM   #9
Rebbecuda
"TRF" Member

I have no idea why the pusher needs to be replaced? The watch was in excellent condition just would suddenly stop. I assume it has something to do with it being magnetized? But my AD didn't have much to say about it besides if I wanted to authorize the repair and pay for the part. Which I said sure (hope it comes back all polished up like new again)
Old 1 October 2017, 10:17 AM   #10
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have no idea why the pusher needs to be replaced? The watch was in excellent condition just would suddenly stop. I assume it has something to do with it being magnetized? But my AD didn't have much to say about it besides if I wanted to authorize the repair and pay for the part. Which I said sure (hope it comes back all polished up like new again)
You're not getting a service so I doubt they will polish the watch. Did they say they would?

I would also get clarification as to why you are paying for that part.

Doesn't make sense.

That would mean that you damaged the watch and that damage is not covered under the warranty.
Old 1 October 2017, 01:48 PM   #11
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
If they are replacing a damaged part, you pay for it.

Warranty does not cover damage, it is for manufacturing defects; same with being magnetized, that would not be a warranty issue.
Old 2 October 2017, 12:36 AM   #12
Rebbecuda
"TRF" Member

No doubt that I have to pay to replace damaged or non manufacture defective parts, I'm familiar how warranties work. I just figure the damage to the pusher is from being magnetized because the watch was in excellent condition and never dropped or misused. But anything is possible and I trust that Rolex knows when they need to replace a part, that's why we send our watches there. That's why I don't question that it needs to be replaced and just pay. There was obviously a problem with the watch since it would suddenly stop after having it a couple years I know it wasn't acting normal. Just hope it's back to normal when I get it back and need to be more careful to keep it away from anything that could potentially magnatize it again.
Old 2 October 2017, 12:44 AM   #13
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
Add it to the list of things AD's are unaware of. I bought my GMT II March 2015 and have a three year warranty.
Wcdhtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2018, 02:41 AM   #14
Rebbecuda
"TRF" Member

Update

I've had the Daytona back for a couple months now and it's been keeping time better than ever before. Hasn't been off a minute in months! Happy about sending it in even though it wasn't polished...Actually picked up my wife a SS/white gold datejust jubilee for our 10 year anniversary when I picked up my watch. They look good together in my opinion!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7168.JPG (124.2 KB, 186 views)
Old 8 January 2018, 12:23 PM   #15
daveo5
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M COSC
Call Rolex Watch SC in Dallas and ask the source.
daveo5 is offline   Reply With Quote