The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Gallery

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3 March 2021, 02:33 AM   #1
tornadobox
"TRF" Member

New to the club - Datejust 41

Hey folks, figured what better for my first post than to share my first Rolex with you all!

I know, for most of you this is nothing exciting, but I'm really enjoying my new Datejust 41.

This past November I had started working with a local AD to source the new Oyster Perpetual 41 in either "bright black" or "bright blue" (I do like the new fun colors...but really wanted something in a more classic color) and really had my heart set on that model.

Last week I get a text from my AD and they still hadn't received the new OP41's, but he did offer me the Datejust 41 they had just received...smooth bezel, oyster bracelet...as close to the OP41 as you can get from a DJ. My initial reaction was to decline, and I responded that I'd prefer to wait for the OP41 as I had originally planned.

That night I ended up doing a lot of comparison research between the OP41 and DJ41, and had a nagging feeling that I may have just made a mistake passing up the DJ41. The next morning, I ended up showing my wife side-by-side pictures of the DJ41 (smooth bezel, oyster bracelet config) and OP41, and she said she liked the look of the DJ41 better.

At this point I was sure I had missed the boat on that DJ41, but figured I'd text my AD to let him know if they got another one in before they got the OP41 in, that I'd be interested in the DJ41. To my surprise, he texted me back that the DJ41 was still available, and would be set aside for me to come in to check out the following day.

The DJ41 is now mine, and I'm extremely happy with it. And pics or it never happened:

IMG_9977 copy.jpg
IMG_9982 copy.jpg
tornadobox is offline   Reply With Quote