The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24 April 2023, 09:12 AM   #20
bncapass1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Pepsi 1675
I know this is an old thread but wanted to provide an update.

The company is back however under the Forstner name and is gaining a bit of recognition as Jubilee's are making a bit of a comeback in the past few years.

From the company website: “Forstner was originally founded as the Forstner Chain Corporation in about 1920 by William Forstner in New Jersey.”
“In its early years, the company made ornamental jewelry and watch bracelets, like that shown below. In about 1963, Forstner was purchased by Jacoby-Bender, which continued the "Komfit" style, but re-branded it the "JB-Champion."

They offer a reasonably priced aftermarket model "J" for the Tudor Black Bay and it has JB stamped on the clasp. They are now made in China but with Fostner overseeing production they seem to me well regarded and becoming a popular choice among Black Bay owners.

I thought I’d never see a Jubilee resurgence but it has even has inspired Tudor to offer a jubilee option on the third revised 2023 Black Bay release.
bncapass1 is offline   Reply With Quote