The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 April 2024, 06:16 AM   #5
Dividedpi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brich436 View Post
What I will say is this watch is a slow burn but once you adjust to the size (and most importantly the WEIGHT) you will never look back. It felt a bit small at first (especially compared to my Submariner) but as I started wearing it more and more it really came into its own. If you have 40mm pieces in the collection, then the 36mm Explorer 1 will provide you not only with a completely different look but also a different wearing experience (which is amazing by the way). The thing disappears on wrist and you can wear it with literally anything (slips perfectly under a dress shirt cuff).

The one downside is it is not LOUD. If you are looking to scream ROLEX this definitely is not the right peice. Go with a GMT or Sub for more wrist presence!

In short it has a vintage size and vibe with all of the modern updates (movement, bracelet and dial) that make the watch so special.

If I could only have one (horror I know) this would be it.
This post is spot on. When I first got it I had a little bit of buyers remorse because it seemed “small” compared to what I was more used to wearing as a daily (GMT) but those those thoughts dissipated as I started throwing the explorer on. It’s now my favorite watch and the one I would keep if I could only keep one. In my humble opinion it’s a perfect watch and the size is timeless and understated. You can wear it in literally any setting. There is no other Rolex I feel that way about.

The only thing in the above post that I disagree with is that I think the fact that it’s not loud ADDS to the appeal in a major way.
Dividedpi is offline   Reply With Quote