The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23 February 2007, 12:53 AM   #1
jaxflats

Rolex 18K GMT Anniversary (Black Face)

I actually purchased this watch from a guy I extensively researched over the internet. Although I plan on selling the watch (my intentions all along as it is simply too much watch for me......and my wife won't let me keep), I have to say it is probably my favorite Rolex at this time.

The new bezel is very sharp. My guess is that Rolex will decide to implement this bezel material on more of their watches in the future. The maxi-dial is also a step in the right direction. The first morning after receiving the watch, I woke up and looked over at the watch, and sure enough I could still easily read the dial in the dark (after 9 hours!).

I am also amazed at the power storage in this new movement! When the watch arrived, the second hand was not moving. I tried on the watch and moved it around for maybe 1 minute, with the watch being casually handled for a total of 30 minutes beyond that....and as of 40 hours+/-, the watch is still keeping time!....amazing

Lastly for now, the all gold with black face and black bezel is very sharp in my opinion. Definitely would be an attention getter though, and for a guy only 29 years of age (who only looks about 18- 20), would probably send off the wrong impressions!
jaxflats is offline   Reply With Quote