The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Reviews (Non-Rolex)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9 September 2007, 02:55 AM   #1
MotoLiam

DW-6900FS, Ultraman 40th Anniv. Casio G-Shock Limited

Well, I got another watch earlier this week, and I've been wearing it off and on since Monday. It's a G-Shock, the rugged do-it-all digital from Casio. While I normally wear a Pepsi GMT ll in my day to day life, the "G" has captured my attention and I find myself looking at it more nad more. Actually, the watch was a gift from good friend and fellow WIS, so I don't know how much it cost, or where he sourced it from. All I know is that I mentioned it existing to him in the summer, and a couple months later, I came home from Misano, Italy, to Barcelona and found a notice in the mailbox that there was a package waiting for me - FROM SWITZERLAND. You can imagine how fast I ran to the post office the next morning!

I was so shocked to open up the box and find this beauty waiting for me. Like all Casio's, this one works, has an alarm, a countdown timer, and most importantly, a stopwatch with split feature. Truthfully, I won't use many of these things, but I really enjoy having a LIGHT function. And, it's blue! The LCD screen is gorgeous, and seems textured, and the red face really IS textured, so that is a nice touch and really separates this from the black glass dial on my GMT. The watch is overbuilt, and the distance from the face to the LCD is significant. This adds a feeling of depth and magnitude, and it's also because of the patented shock absorption system designed into all G-Shocks. It's quite light, but with the bigger body, I find myself sweating more on the wrist. Further, I have to wear it fairly loose, because my wrist expands quite a bit when my blood starts pumping. It's a bit ungainly when you're wearing it loose, unlike the Rolex, which slithers around my wrist in a nice way, forcing me to do the wrist "flick" to see the time. Overall, I think the "G" is a great watch, and the white and red combination really looks striking. I've never seen another Casio like this one, and because of the rarity (I only found two photos of it online when I've searched) I honestly feel a little bad wearing it. Maybe I'll save it for those occasions where I know I'll be photographed or filmed when I'm wearing red and white myself, though I will always prefer to rock my rollie. In conclusion, this is a fun and relatively inexpensive watch that does it's job, gets noticed for being different than all the other digitals out there, and most importantly, makes me smile. Anyone know how I can keep the white urethane clean? I'm thinking soap and water, but there might be something better out there. Whitewall cleaner? hahahaha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ML3000.jpg (54.9 KB, 258 views)
File Type: jpg ML3001.jpg (50.4 KB, 252 views)
File Type: jpg ML3002.jpg (43.7 KB, 248 views)
File Type: jpg ML3003.jpg (41.4 KB, 246 views)
File Type: jpg ML3004.jpg (35.2 KB, 242 views)
MotoLiam is offline   Reply With Quote