The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 28 December 2021, 11:46 PM   #1
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
Now 35k - OP 41 Turquoise Tiffany

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob sims View Post
Are you an expert on what billionaire's do?
They drop a million on a bottle of wine at the drop of a hat.

Yes, I am, but not any type of billionaires, only the VIP type which are all clever enough not to pay a cent over MSRP for anything by discontinued products. They got their Pateks when they feel so with the boutiques offering them the bottle of champagne you’re talking about as a gift.
If some do pay 40k for low end 5k watch that doesn’t mean all of them do it, and also does not mean they are smart, actually it validates the point of my proverb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17 December 2021, 08:58 PM   #2
Watchcollector123
"TRF" Member

I am not sure who is smarter- Someone who made 35k to spend on what he wants to in real world or someone who whines about someone spending 35k on a watch on a watch forum?
Watchcollector123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2021, 07:42 PM   #3
rlx123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchcollector123 View Post
I am not sure who is smarter- Someone who made 35k to spend on what he wants to in real world or someone who whines about someone spending 35k on a watch on a watch forum?

I am not defending the guy who whines, but question the net worth of the guy who spends $35k. If all he’s got to his name is $35k and spends it on a watch then it is not smart.

rlx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2021, 12:18 AM   #4
tifosi
"TRF" Member

This is such a shame. Really makes me hate this hobby sometimes. What the value of a Patek has to do with probably the least expensive Rolex I’ll never know.
Old 18 December 2021, 12:34 AM   #5
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
This is such a shame. Really makes me hate this hobby sometimes. What the value of a Patek has to do with probably the least expensive Rolex I’ll never know.
Interesting perspective, polar opposites and yet here we are thanks to social media.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2021, 06:44 AM   #6
Randy9999
"TRF" Member

Watch: red 1680; 6542
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
Sorry, did you really mean to type that you're so annoyed by the high prices being asked for the 124300 Turquoise that you now "hate this hobby"? Incidentally, I paid $12k for mine a year ago, and I thought I was giving into highway robbery at the time, but I wanted the watch really badly. Now that it's apparently appreciated in price, I'm "loving" this hobby even more, ha.
Randy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2021, 02:31 PM   #7
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy9999 View Post
Sorry, did you really mean to type that you're so annoyed by the high prices being asked for the 124300 Turquoise that you now "hate this hobby"? Incidentally, I paid $12k for mine a year ago, and I thought I was giving into highway robbery at the time, but I wanted the watch really badly. Now that it's apparently appreciated in price, I'm "loving" this hobby even more, ha.

I had a buddy in a similar situation with a black ceramic Daytona when they were in the 22-25k range. I said if you have to have it, bite the bullet now. He didn’t, and now he’s really stuck. Now he’s gotta cough up 32-35k to get one. Best you bought one when you did!

Great color, i wouldn’t wear it but it’s pretty cool. It’s not anywhere near 35k cool, but if people are paying it, why not! I can’t count the number of houses i have looked at like, this thing isn’t worth anywhere near this price. Then it sells for 100k over. It’s a wild time.
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2021, 01:12 AM   #8
herts9
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
I can't even get a Timex Waterbury in this shade of blue because of this nonsense.
herts9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2021, 08:38 AM   #9
Thuilln
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Stuuuuupid… it’s beyond insanity.

Old 18 December 2021, 08:53 AM   #10
indianmachine
"TRF" Member

seems more like NC Tarheels blue. Maybe if people call it the Air Jordan OP price will be $50k. who knows in this market?

Anyway, looks nice but not $35k nice.
indianmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2021, 09:22 AM   #11
TIII
Banned

It has shock value at 35k, just like Howard Stern on morning radio….gets people talking. One of the big grey does the same thing. And it works! It will be interesting to see how long it takes for it to be sold.

TIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2021, 01:12 PM   #12
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Very curious to see what the spread on this is. Meaning what will a grey market dealer buy these for.
dnd2984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2021, 02:32 AM   #13
tx02ag
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnd2984 View Post
Very curious to see what the spread on this is. Meaning what will a grey market dealer buy these for.
Sent in a picture of mine to a trusted grey to test this for you. Was offered $25k US. Excellent Condition Sept’20 purchase.

No, I’m not selling.
♛ Rolex Sky-Dweller 326934 - White Dial ♛ Rolex Milgauss 116400GV - Z-Blue ♛ Tudor Black Bay 79030B - Navy Blue ♛ Rolex Submariner 126613LB - Blusey ♛ Tudor Black Bay 79010 - 58 925 ♛ Rolex Daytona 116500LN - White Dial ♛ Rolex Sea-Dweller 126600 - SD43 ♛ Rolex GMT-Master II 126710 BLRO ♛ Rolex Oyster Perpetual 124300 - Turquoise ♛ Rolex Daytona 116519LN - Steel Dial
tx02ag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2021, 01:28 PM   #14
SkyJuice
"TRF" Member

This is the real matrix.
SkyJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2021, 02:22 PM   #15
RanHong
"TRF" Member

tulip mania
RanHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2021, 03:26 PM   #16
Time_Machines
"TRF" Member

Just wow

Time_Machines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2021, 12:36 AM   #17
AK797
Banned

Watch: ing ships roll in
If the Greys can make the name Tiffany stick with this dial, and I suspect they will, then this will trade at quite the premium for some time.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2021, 01:41 AM   #18
jaykim77
"TRF" Member

It’s all about perspective…. For crazy riches, 30k is just a pocket change. So if they like it, they will get it for fun! The more expensive it is, the better for them. Watch hobby itself isn’t logical from the start, and who’s to blame this madness? Buying it as an investment for avg joe, it will bring quite an adrenaline rush like bitcoin. Only problem for owners of that watch is that you better watch out when you walk down the street or ride bus to work. Now it’s more than your car on your wrist…. LOL
jaykim77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2021, 02:15 AM   #19
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

I have one right now that im going to list at $125,000. Doesnt mean ill get it and it doesnt mean thats what its worth. It is only worth what someone is willing to pay.
Im still waiting for someone to show me one that has actually sold at that ridiculous price.
Old 19 December 2021, 02:21 AM   #20
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

David has a turquoise Daytona on WG listed at 258K, hope he gets it -

https://davidsw.com/shop/watch/rolex...se-roman-dial/
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2021, 03:02 AM   #21
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingPlaces View Post

Saw that. It’s unique and the color is very polarizing to the point you either love it enough to pay up or detest it enough you wouldn’t wear it if it were free. It keeps the watch world very interesting. Way too many haters on prices and what people do with THEIR own money.
Old 20 December 2021, 02:53 AM   #22
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingPlaces View Post

If that is a Beach Daytona, it did not come with the metal band but rather a matching color leather band.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2021, 03:15 AM   #23
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
If that is a Beach Daytona, it did not come with the metal band but rather a matching color leather band.
Yes the beach is the OG tiffany!
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2021, 02:29 AM   #24
dannyp
Banned

Glanced at thread title. Got excited. Reread it. Excitement dissipated. I had thought it said: “New 35mm OP” instead :(.
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2021, 02:56 AM   #25
Polarexplorerii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570,BLNR,116610
A moron and his money are seperated every day
Polarexplorerii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2021, 03:16 AM   #26
RollinMoses
"TRF" Member

It’s seems like I am in the minority here in that I actually really like the turquoise and if they were available at retail I would definitely get a 36 (I asked the AD at launch and multiple times thereafter, but no chance without massively overpaying).

But it is just a fun watch with a splash of colour.

I cannot for the life of me understand though why anyone would pay anything close to 35k for it.
RollinMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2021, 12:31 PM   #27
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinMoses View Post
It’s seems like I am in the minority here in that I actually really like the turquoise and if they were available at retail I would definitely get a 36 (I asked the AD at launch and multiple times thereafter, but no chance without massively overpaying).

But it is just a fun watch with a splash of colour.

I cannot for the life of me understand though why anyone would pay anything close to 35k for it.
It seems like that, but it's not the reality, my friend. Pretty much everyone in this thread would want one at retail.

Funny enough, the same ones indicating that it's all hype, and the so-called internet social media followers are pretty much sheep and only buy what others want, and they are pretty much just young and dumb, those are the same people that are fans of the oyster perpetual, including OP 39s and apparently current oyster perpetuals in the catalogue in all but the so-called hot colors.

Yes, the 36 is nice, I think the 41 is a little bit nicer. A lot more dial, though. Absolutely beautiful watch

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
JacksonRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2021, 06:55 PM   #28
tlbarrs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonRain View Post
It seems like that, but it's not the reality, my friend. Pretty much everyone in this thread would want one at retail.

Funny enough, the same ones indicating that it's all hype, and the so-called internet social media followers are pretty much sheep and only buy what others want, and they are pretty much just young and dumb, those are the same people that are fans of the oyster perpetual, including OP 39s and apparently current oyster perpetuals in the catalogue in all but the so-called hot colors.

Yes, the 36 is nice, I think the 41 is a little bit nicer. A lot more dial, though. Absolutely beautiful watch

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

No I’m with you guys I loved the watch straight away on release day I called my AD and was told I’d be first on the list and they didn’t expect the colourful dials to be popular. Although I don’t think I got the first one by a long shot they did come through with it and I picked it up in September I absolutely love the colour, it’s nice to have a bit of variety in the Collection it’s very plain and simple but mesmerising at the same time.
As for the prices it’s insane but then the same could be said for most models at the moment will it last who knows but it does make me a little wary about wearing it around town with all this hype.

tlbarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2021, 04:12 AM   #29
Shamus
"TRF" Member

I always love listening to all the hostility from the crowd every time a watch goes up in price. It's a free market. Supply meets demand. Quit getting mad and bashing the brand you all profess to love. Quit bashing the people that choose to purchase the watches from said brand that they obviously love if they're willing to pay $30,000 for one of the brand's watches. The value of a watch is in the eye of the beholder. Who gives a sh*t about whether this watch is high horology or not. Most Rolex watches aren't high horology, regardless of the model or price.

The OP 41 Turquoise is a beautiful watch. The color is a beautiful color. The dial works perfectly with its indices and it has a great clean look to it. Just because it's not more difficult/costly to purchase one doesn't mean you should sit around bashing people want to spend their own hard-earned money on whatever they want to.
Shamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2021, 05:00 AM   #30
franklee168
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN W+B DIAL
If you're not interested in the watch, you have nothing to worry about. I'll only be worried if my wife wants one.
franklee168 is offline   Reply With Quote