The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 April 2020, 06:50 PM   #61
Xerxes77
Banned

Coronavirus have some problems and we not prepared;
It’s not know for sure how it’s spread
It’s not know what affect most.... lugs, blood coagulation
It’s very infectious and can spread very fast.....
And I think
Existing a part of story they don’t tell us...... this is why most government are scared..... so I think it’s more complicated......
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 08:44 PM   #62
Kenny Powers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes77 View Post
Coronavirus have some problems and we not prepared;
It’s not know for sure how it’s spread
It’s not know what affect most.... lugs, blood coagulation
It’s very infectious and can spread very fast.....
And I think
Existing a part of story they don’t tell us...... this is why most government are scared..... so I think it’s more complicated......
Does it affect the lugs of 5 digit references only, as the 6 digit lugs are more chunky and robust?
Kenny Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 08:54 PM   #63
Xerxes77
Banned

Good point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 01:24 AM   #64
Dougiebaby
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona BLNR SubLV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer2Guy View Post
Still standing by this now that 50,000 Americans have died from COVID 19 within 60 days or is your spin now that COVID 19 wasn’t the actual cause of the 50,000 deaths in 60 days, just a contributing factor?

COVID19 is definitely not hype and very real. I believe that was February when I posted that and the world has changed very dramatically since then. Your highlight is 20/20

But luckily, COVID19 has not turned into the killer some predicted.

Dougiebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 06:42 PM   #65
georgev
"TRF" Member

any news as to when the new Rolex 2020 models will be announced?
georgev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 06:46 PM   #66
challer
"TRF" Member

Many luxury brands are rolling out new releases as we speak. Not bad optics to declare business as usual.
challer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 08:13 PM   #67
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by challer View Post
Many luxury brands are rolling out new releases as we speak. Not bad optics to declare business as usual.
I don’t think they’ll do anything untill January. Could be seen as in bad taste, especially as Rolex are a charitable organization.
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 11:14 PM   #68
blada4life
"TRF" Member

When will Rolex release new 2020 Models?

I don’t see them releasing new models in January 2021. In their baselworld letters they made it clear that timeline was chosen without their consideration and that they didn’t like it. I was also under the impression the new show they were planning would be around the watches and wonders show, which is like April. I dont think it would make sense for a January release and then an April one.

Question now is, will they wait till around April 2021 when the schedule restarts or will they release sometime this year still. I think if countries start to slowly “reopen” by June, we might see a small release before the holidays, although it may be not promoted much. Maybe even unannounced, depending on how the economy is going. I can see line up changes and updates happen quietly especially if they aren’t major. I would think production and manufacturing changes are already made so it would allow them to continue production on updates already completed. The likelihood of a new submariner release in 2021 is probably low though. But I guess that may be possible if they were only planning on releasing a white gold model for example (like they did with the Pepsi). Then I can see something like that happening and then in 2021 we will see SS releases. I think that most companies with no sales would at least try to take advantage of holiday season and so I would expect a release with shipments happening by like August/September/October... all assuming we slowly reopen by late summer.

Here is the Swiss schedule, and looks like every is open by June and somewhere by that time a Rolex will be allowed to reopen. I just don’t see them sitting around for the rest of the year:

on April 27, hospitals can resume nonurgent care and outpatient procedures. On the same day, hairdressers, massage studios, hardware stores, garden centers and other similar businesses will be allowed to reopen.

Then on May 11, primary schools and shops can open their doors again, followed by secondary schools, vocational colleges, universities, museums, zoos and libraries on June 8. For whatever reason, the Swiss govt didn’t list Rolex’s reopening date, if you can believe it.

blada4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 11:37 PM   #69
Jona
Banned

Watch: 116618LN
Unfortunately there's a big difference between when they announce new items and when they release them.
Jona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2020, 01:07 AM   #70
Tommy Smokeshow
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jona View Post
Unfortunately there's a big difference between when they announce new items and when they release them.
please elaborate in this statement i think i get but just want more clarifaction thank you
Tommy Smokeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2020, 09:52 PM   #71
deuxani
"TRF" Member

It was very refreshing to follow Watches & Wonders the last couple of days. Some great releases by Vacheron Constantin, IWC, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Panerai, etc. It properly felt like a huge watches show was happening somewhere.

It would be sort of strange if Rolex would be the only brand to not do any new releases in 2020. Let's wait and see, the year is still long.
deuxani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2020, 04:54 AM   #72
Rolexatlast
"TRF" Member

If Rolex hold back 2020 models to 2021, I wonder if there will be a double release of 2020 and 2021 models in early 2021.

Or whether all future models will be delayed by 12 months. So 2021 models be released in 2022; 2022 models released in 2023 etc etc
Rolexatlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2020, 06:56 AM   #73
Rolex50
"TRF" Member

My guess is that there will still be a release of 2020 models in 2020.
What would make it interesting is if they skipped a year, and the watch you got can be shown to have been made in the “missing” model year.
Rolex50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2020, 07:05 AM   #74
jlovda
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513,1675,216570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
Who cares no one will be able to get them for a few years anyway lol
I'm sure there are a few whales here that want to know. LOL
jlovda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2020, 12:09 PM   #75
RomanH
Banned

Can’t wait to see them
RomanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2020, 12:37 PM   #76
GBD
"TRF" Member

I thought Watches and Wonders was a dud, so I'm hoping we get some exciting releases this year from companies, including Rolex.
GBD is offline   Reply With Quote