The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: ROLEX (brand) watches

Old 27 March 2009, 01:07 PM   #1
rolex1
Banned

Watch: 16610 Submariner
Gorgeous vintage rolex in solid 18k! Pre presidential collectible model

Thinking of buying an all gold Rolex? Look no further, this one comes with a full two year warranty, the same offered with a new Rolex, yet the price tag is over 70% less! And, even better is the fact that this watch is highly collectible and sure to increase in value!
Most people are scared off when looking into the world of Vintage watches, especially when the vast majority of watches have no guarantee, and no service history! This watch, like all the watches I sell will be accompanied by a signed letter from an authorized Rolex watchmaker attesting to his overhauling of the watch, and it's two year warranty! In addition to the full service, all worn parts were replaced, new gaskets were installed as well as a new crown and crystal. Only original new factory Rolex parts were used. A high quality Crocodile band in dark blue was installed. The colour of the band really sets off the watch, and makes for an amazing combination!
On request, I will bring the watch to my watchmaker to be opened so that pictures of the movement and inner caseback can be taken.
The full two year warranty covers the mechanical functioning of the watch, and would obviously void in cases of abuse, tampering, or being opened by anyone aside from my authorized Rolex watchmaker.
The case, is a reference 6605 with both Serial, and Reference numbers clearly visible between the lugs. This case was polished for the first time ever during it's recent service, and is in like new condition! The threads on the case back show between no wear, and only minimal wear! The crown is brand new, and is a correct period NOS Rolex crown in solid 18k gold. All hallmarks, as well as markings on the inside of the case are easily visible and not the least bit obliterated.

The Butterfly Rotor movement runs beautifully, and has just undergone a full service. The movement is in excellent condition, keeping time to within just a few seconds each day! This movement is more accurate than most modern Rolex movements!

The original Dial is in amazing condition, with only a very light patina. This dial is the early Pie-pan variety, with a folded edge, and is centered by the original hands which are also in beautiful condition. This watch also has it's original 'Roulette' date wheel, a scarce find that makes this watch even more unique and collectible! The date numbers alternate between Red on the even days, and Black on odd days!

Overall, this is one of the finest vintage Datejusts that I have ever seen, and an extremely collectible model being a Pre Presidential watch!
If you have any questions, feel free to call me directly at 978.494.3368
And always feel free to drop by our store in prestigious Newton Mass on 636 Commonwealth Avenue to see our wonderful selection of Rolex, and vintage watches.
Thank you!
David Shuman

rolex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2009, 01:40 PM   #2
rolex1
Banned

Watch: 16610 Submariner
Almost forgot the price! $3950 for this beauty! Over 75% off of current retail for a 18k Datejust with a Crocodile band!
David
rolex1 is offline   Reply With Quote