The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Old 28 April 2009, 09:55 PM   #1
johnswatch
"TRF" Member

How to adjust the 3035 movement

It's frightening how the Rolex bug bites........

I realised a life ambition a while ago and bought an 'M' series SD4000. I had a few wobbles with the bracelet but now love it.

However, it doesn't look quite right with a business or dinner suit, especially as I don't look like Sean Connery or Daniel Craig.

I've just bought a mint condition Datejust 16013 (pics soon). I'm amazed that this forum is so SS modern sports watch oriented when there's so many amazing rolex models out there that can be had at 'bargain' prices. The older Datejust and Date models can be had for a fraction of the cost of a new model. I went to a local AD to enquire about a TT DJ but mentioned I wanted to use a leather strap rather than a bracelet. I was told that a strap wouldn't fit.....

The A$11k asking price seemed a bit steep too. A vintage (is early 80's vintage?!) 16013 can be had for about $2500 on a leather strap - perfect for my needs.

The watch did not come with any paperwork, no big deal as I checked all the relevent points and even got the watchmaker to unscrew the back to confirm it had the 3035 movement. So far so good......except I don't know how to wind it!

Yes, I know it's a perpetual but the crown screws in the opposite direction when setting the hands. So which way do I manually wind it? Do I turn the crown clock or anti-clockwise? I'll be sharing wrist time with the SD so I want to keep them both running when off the wrist.

Also, it seems the date can only adjusted by advancing the hands a full 24 hours, not a quck set like the 3135 movement. Is this correct?

As I don't have the manual I'd be grateful if someone could tell me how the watch works. How many 'stops' I need to pull out the crown to wind, adjust date and adjust time etc?

Thanks in advance.
johnswatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2009, 04:21 AM   #2
Jackxv
"TRF" Member

Congrats

Congratulations with your new watch,

The 3035 IS a quickset movement and in operation similar to the 3135 except the date set , on the 3135 it is turn away and on the 3035 it is towards when on the wrist.

And yes....a lot of viewers around here are focussed on the sports models but I love the DJ.

Wear your watch in health

Jack
Jackxv is offline   Reply With Quote