The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 6 August 2021, 01:31 AM   #1
felfyre
"TRF" Member

5164r retail

So as the title suggests, I am just wondering on how/what to spend to get 5164r at retail price.

I heard tips here and there such as buying the jewelries might up your chance, precious metal is easier to get, etc.

Should I buy those bundle pieces seperately or at once? Is it worth it as oppose of going grail.

This is my first time trying to build a relationship with PP
felfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2021, 01:51 AM   #2
bob101
"TRF" Member

100k plus
bob101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2021, 02:32 AM   #3
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
Unless there are other pieces you want, along with continued spending on other things you may not... I would save the headache, time and uncertainty and go grey and have it on your wrist to enjoy.
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2021, 02:51 AM   #4
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711,Sub,DS,YM42
These questions are almost impossible to answer since it depends on several factors. Main being the relationship with your dealer, second how many pieces your AD gets a year. If you make a great impression on your AD and they get a piece in, you may pop up in their decision making process and get one... it's 100% their discretion
szabo_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2021, 03:05 AM   #5
scurfa
"TRF" Member

Grey is the only way today! I have a good relationship with my AD and have bought two new Pateks, servicing of other Pateks, jewellery and other watches, I wanted the Rose gold 5711 for my 50th birthday next year and I was told yesterday it’s now looking unrealistic as bigger buyers with large collections have priority especially with the 5711 steel being discontinued, it’s a shame and I was disappointed but Patek is no longer a brand for watch lovers, I’ve done the visits and a few shows including the grand exhibition and I I’m now thinking what a waste of time and effort.
Old 6 August 2021, 04:04 AM   #6
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurfa View Post
Grey is the only way today! I have a good relationship with my AD and have bought two new Pateks, servicing of other Pateks, jewellery and other watches, I wanted the Rose gold 5711 for my 50th birthday next year and I was told yesterday it’s now looking unrealistic as bigger buyers with large collections have priority especially with the 5711 steel being discontinued, it’s a shame and I was disappointed but Patek is no longer a brand for watch lovers, I’ve done the visits and a few shows including the grand exhibition and I I’m now thinking what a waste of time and effort.
No problem, just remortgage the House and then get a bargain price for the 5711R at good ole Chronext...

https://www.chronext.co.uk/patek-phi...-1r-001/C53125
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2021, 04:19 AM   #7
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711,Sub,DS,YM42
The fallout from this is that people move away from Rolex and PP and end up doing the same thing with other brands. VC and Journe wont take deposits anymore due to the 5+ year waiting list
szabo_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2021, 04:29 AM   #8
scurfa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by szabo_martin View Post
The fallout from this is that people move away from Rolex and PP and end up doing the same thing with other brands. VC and Journe wont take deposits anymore due to the 5+ year waiting list

That’s me moved away from Patek for good but I’m fine with Rolex, it’s looking like the meteorite dial Daytona in rose now for my 50th
Old 6 August 2021, 03:31 PM   #9
taylorhall
"TRF" Member

5164r retail

Take top market price , subtract that from MSRP and that is minimum spend for consideration. Multiple that difference by 4 and you are taken seriously for consideration.

You won’t get a nautilus or aquanaut as a first PP.

House always wins…
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
taylorhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2021, 04:02 PM   #10
felfyre
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurfa View Post
Wow, seems grey it is then. Was planning to get a calatrava, a 5905g and a ladies quartz, and it pales in comparison to what your relation with patek right now.
felfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2021, 12:00 AM   #11
QuantumOceanLawyer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Last one I bought
It really depends on your AD and how you approach it. Patek does look after collectors. A 5167 was my first Patek and I had almost no spend history. I waited about six months and kept following up with my AD. I am getting a 5212 the next time one comes in. I asked about getting a 5711r for my 40th birthday in 4 years and he said at four years I could ask for anything and he’d make it happen. He suggested a 5990. I have talked to them enough that he knows I just love watches, I’m not trying to flip anything and I’ll be back to buy more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
QuantumOceanLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote