The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 1 October 2021, 02:27 AM   #31
crew
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
In Monterey we ended up spending most of our time in Carmel, which was spectacular. Had dinner at Grasing’s one night and at Casanova the other night. Both nights were wonderful.
This past Monday we took the 17 Mile Drive which was incredible and one of the highlights of our entire trip.
We had lunch on Monday at The Bench, which overlooks #18 at Pebble.

Of course Rolex is well represented at Pebble Beach.

And no visit to Pebble would be complete without stopping to photograph the famous “Lone Cypress" tree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2021, 04:40 AM   #32
Ballzzz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Pics look great, which I would have saw this thread sooner.

No one mentioned Bistro Jeanty? We loved it for the less stuffy feel and heartier meals than TFL.

What vineyard did you end up visiting?
Old 1 October 2021, 08:19 AM   #33
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Looks like perfect weather. It was windier than hell when we did 17 mile and could barely get out of the car!

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
JasoninDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2021, 08:28 AM   #34
crew
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballzzz View Post
Pics look great, which I would have saw this thread sooner.

No one mentioned Bistro Jeanty? We loved it for the less stuffy feel and heartier meals than TFL.

What vineyard did you end up visiting?
Funny you should mention Bistro Jeanty. I wanted to go there but they are closed on Wednesday’s. We ended up at R&D that night, which was very good as well.
We went to 3 vineyards: The Prisoner (like the wine, the "tour" was weak), Robert Mondavi (excellent tour and tasting), and Kosta Browne (one of our most favorite wines and an intimate tour).
Here we are at Mondavi.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 00C783B9-6964-478A-B671-CFC715A43C88.jpeg (181.5 KB, 44 views)
Old 1 October 2021, 08:37 AM   #35
crew
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoninDenver View Post
Looks like perfect weather. It was windier than hell when we did 17 mile and could barely get out of the car!
It was an incredibly calm day. The day before we visited was cloudy and windy. As I watched some of the golfers at Pebble it struck me as to how lucky they were to have a perfect day to play a perfect course.
Old 1 October 2021, 12:29 PM   #36
Ballzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by crew View Post
Funny you should mention Bistro Jeanty. I wanted to go there but they are closed on Wednesday’s. We ended up at R&D that night, which was very good as well.
We went to 3 vineyards: The Prisoner (like the wine, the "tour" was weak), Robert Mondavi (excellent tour and tasting), and Kosta Browne (one of our most favorite wines and an intimate tour).
Here we are at Mondavi.
We had the table right on the fireplace it was memorable and fantastic food, I would highly recommend it if you return. Great shot at Mondavi, I would have hooked you up at Jarvis, interesting tour and amazing wine, expensive but really fantastic. This thread really make me want to go back ASAP, thank you for that!
Old 1 October 2021, 06:21 PM   #37
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Great pics John. Glad you had fun
Old 1 October 2021, 10:58 PM   #38
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Great thread and pics. The recommendations here are helpful to future visitors (ie me!).

Anyone have recommendations on places to stay? Headed there for just a few days.
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2021, 11:30 PM   #39
crew
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pw92676 View Post
Great thread and pics. The recommendations here are helpful to future visitors (ie me!).

Anyone have recommendations on places to stay? Headed there for just a few days.
I’m certainly not an expert on the area having spent only 2 nights/3 days there but I would encourage anyone to stay in Yountville over Napa. Napa is a small city while Yountville is a village. They’re only about 10 minutes apart but the difference in feel is significant. Yountville is loaded with restaurants and hotel/motel options. There’s something there for every taste and budget.
Old 2 October 2021, 01:15 AM   #40
Ballzzz

Quote:
I’m certainly not an expert on the area having spent only 2 nights/3 days there but I would encourage anyone to stay in Yountville over Napa. Napa is a small city while Yountville is a village. They’re only about 10 minutes apart but the difference in feel is significant. Yountville is loaded with restaurants and hotel/motel options. There’s something there for every taste and budget.
10000% Agree I will go one step further and HIGLHY Recommend Hotel Yountville as well!
Old 2 October 2021, 07:58 AM   #41
Danny83

Watch: Yellow Gold
You did great John
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2021, 11:22 AM   #42
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballzzz View Post
10000% Agree I will go one step further and HIGLHY Recommend Hotel Yountville as well!
THANK YOU!!!! Appreciate the advice!
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote