The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: ROLEX (brand) watches

Old 29 November 2022, 08:43 AM   #1
tclassen
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 16610
Unpolished 1989 Rolex 18248 Day-Date Bark DD36 Champagne Dial Golden Cream Patina

For sale is a near mint condition unpolished 36mm 18 karat yellow gold Rolex Day-Date “Bark”. The 18248 is a L serial, circa 1989 production, and is not accompanied by any boxes or papers. The Rolex features a brushed yellow gold case, which is accented by a fixed yellow gold bark finish bezel. The Day-Date is mounted on its original 8723 yellow gold President bracelet with bark finished center links, and is secured by deployment clasp. The bracelet contains 20 full size links, and sits loose on a 7.15 inch wrist. The 8723 bracelet is stamped with an “N7” clasp code, which correlates with a production date of July 1989. The Rolex features a champagne sunburst dial with applied yellow gold stick hour markers, polished yellow gold tritium coated hands, and a magnified date window aperture at 3 o’clock. The tritium lumeplots and hands have aged beautifully and acquired an even golden cream colored patina, which gorgeously accents the Rolex’s champagne dial. The movement used in the 18248 is the Rolex double quickset Calibre 3155, which features approximately 48 hours of power reserve.
The case on the 18248 has been preserved exceptionally well and remains unpolished, with the only signs of previous wear being some faint “sleeve polish” marks on the brush lines from rubbing against a shirt sleeve. Both the yellow gold case and bracelet have acquired a gorgeous rose gold colored oxidation, which only add’s to the watch’s vintage charm. The bracelet is in immaculate condition, and contains no stretch, while the coronet on the clasp is as crisp as it was when it left the factory. Furthermore, the clasp on the 8723 bracelet is still “sticky” to open / close, due to infrequent wear. Overall the Day-Date is in near mint condition, and is an exceptional example of a 18248 Day-Date, which has received minimal wrist time over its life.

Shall deliver for $15,250

Instagram: thewatchguy
Email: taylor@cmtimepieces.com
Phone: 410-215-2269

* Feel free to reach out to me on my cell (410-215-2269) with any questions or inquiries. Or message me on instagram @ thewatchguy

* I am a dealer and have a plethora of extremely reputable references on: TRF, Facebook, Instagram, and various other enthusiast pages / dealers.

Instagram: thewatchguy
Email: taylor@cmtimepieces.com
Phone: 410-215-2269

(Please note that my instagram username has changed from "thewatch_guy" to "thewatchguy")
tclassen is offline   Reply With Quote