The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 15 February 2022, 09:38 AM   #781
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascavel View Post
I would imagine early serial numbers like 8, 88, and 888 would be worth more than other serial numbers whether higher or lower.
Not all Chinese care about the 8 or all clientele are Asian Lol
ILoveFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2022, 03:58 PM   #782
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Looks like CB market price has finally settled for the time being before it is being discontinued.
jenniferjanef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2022, 11:35 PM   #783
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
F.P. Journe Chronometer Bleu pricing going through the roof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferjanef View Post
Looks like CB market price has finally settled for the time being before it is being discontinued.

Maybe people realized what I’ve been saying all along. It’s gorgeous but has been produced in far higher numbers than numerous journes references which only had runs of 20-50-100 examples etc

I think it’s more a case of the market cooling off across the board. I don’t see inventory moving.
Old 24 March 2022, 02:22 AM   #784
classicalthunder
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 BLRO
Quote:
being before it is being discontinued.
Is there more info on its discontinuation? is this a rumor or something that was published? discontinued this upcoming year or down the line a bit?
classicalthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2022, 02:53 AM   #785
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
It's a nice watch but I prefer the RG CS with stamped Guilloche dial, or Automatique Lune, or the Boutique QP, or CO or Resonance. To be totally honest, I will choose the other dress FPJ in the catalogue before the CB.
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2022, 05:54 AM   #786
edhahn44
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicalthunder View Post
Is there more info on its discontinuation? is this a rumor or something that was published? discontinued this upcoming year or down the line a bit?

To my understanding it’s kind of confirmed that it will stay in production for the near future. Which to be fair doesn’t materially change the chance to get one allocated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
edhahn44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2022, 11:33 PM   #787
Stranger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Moser Streamliner
I've been wondering whether the market has cooled off due to the upcoming W&W new releases. Presumably it would pick up again afterwards.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2022, 02:02 AM   #788
unknown
"TRF" Member

cooled down ???

They're at 100.000 euro and more
Never been that expensive before

Old 8 March 2023, 06:01 AM   #789
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Going up again
Old 8 March 2023, 12:30 PM   #790
Lukla
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet
Nuts!
Lukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2023, 01:38 PM   #791
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

I wonder what is the average wait time for a CB for someone with prior purchase history?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
dakkonmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2023, 07:03 AM   #792
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakkonmc View Post
I wonder what is the average wait time for a CB for someone with prior purchase history?

Couple of years maybe.. Or is it 3 to 5 years?
Anyone who knows please chime in. TQ
Old 12 March 2023, 10:22 PM   #793
unknown
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Couple of years maybe.. Or is it 3 to 5 years?
Anyone who knows please chime in. TQ
They don’t take new orders
I believe it went up to 6 years or so but as said now they won’t even consider you
Unless ofcourse you own already a lot of FPJ
Old 13 March 2023, 12:05 AM   #794
Spartan2009
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
They don’t take new orders
I believe it went up to 6 years or so but as said now they won’t even consider you
Unless ofcourse you own already a lot of FPJ
What does a lot mean? I am hopeful that my 3rd allocation in 2024 and I have been thinking about asking my rep to be added to the CB list.
Spartan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2023, 01:29 AM   #795
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan2009 View Post
What does a lot mean? I am hopeful that my 3rd allocation in 2024 and I have been thinking about asking my rep to be added to the CB list.
If you can get added to the list, I feel that it is an encouraging first step. Since I think most people were told the list is closed when asked to be added. This is supposed to be an award piece to the good collectors but no one told me how it was defined.

At least that is my wishful thinking that you will eventually get one if you are allowed to have it on your wishlist.

In the meanwhile, I am pursuing a couple of other tantalum options.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2023, 03:56 AM   #796
Spartan2009
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
If you can get added to the list, I feel that it is an encouraging first step. Since I think most people were told the list is closed when asked to be added. This is supposed to be an award piece to the good collectors but no one told me how it was defined.

At least that is my wishful thinking that you will eventually get one if you are allowed to have it on your wishlist.

In the meanwhile, I am pursuing a couple of other tantalum options.
I guess I have to keep showing my loyalty…
Old 13 March 2023, 07:12 AM   #797
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan2009 View Post
I guess I have to keep showing my loyalty…

Ask and see if your SA will add it to your interest list which will be a good start. At least that’s how I see it. When I asked about 1 year ago, it was not added to my list as I was told not possible. And during our last visit, my SA actually added it without my explicit request. However, when I inquire if there is any timeline, there is no answer neither.

I guess it is one of those which will show up when it is time to show up. “Fire and forget”
Old 13 March 2023, 05:03 PM   #798
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Pierre explicitly stated with me he never understood the craze about CB for what it is. Not a knock on CB, but FPJ really has many watches with amazing movements.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Old 13 March 2023, 11:32 PM   #799
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegt View Post
Pierre explicitly stated with me he never understood the craze about CB for what it is. Not a knock on CB, but FPJ really has many watches with amazing movements.

I personally like the CB because of tantalum and I also love blue dial. There are not many watches in the market with this combination. In fact, I have three bespoke orders just for that reason.

On a general note, it is probably like the Nautilius 5711. The craze started when this was the most accessible piece in the line up, so people who want to get into the brand with minimal investment was chasing it and then it became a hype piece. I personally would never get it from grey especially at current price. I think the 48mm Elegante is in the same boat now and have become a hyped piece.
Old 13 March 2023, 11:35 PM   #800
hassantg
"TRF" Member

Watch: Portugieser IW5007
I know the market is what it is, but I can not understand why this is a 100k watch.

That said, I only see the CB prices going up; way too many people want one
hassantg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2023, 12:08 AM   #801
Spartan2009
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
I personally like the CB because of tantalum and I also love blue dial. There are not many watches in the market with this combination. In fact, I have three bespoke orders just for that reason.

On a general note, it is probably like the Nautilius 5711. The craze started when this was the most accessible piece in the line up, so people who want to get into the brand with minimal investment was chasing it and then it became a hype piece. I personally would never get it from grey especially at current price. I think the 48mm Elegante is in the same boat now and have become a hyped piece.
Agreed here. It’s not the movement that is most alluring. The dial and case combination is what makes this watch so desirable. Given how tantalum is very difficult to work work with and a dial that has a 60-70% defect rate when it is manufactured makes this watch a true labor of love.
Old 14 March 2023, 12:09 AM   #802
Spartan2009
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassantg View Post
I know the market is what it is, but I can not understand why this is a 100k watch.

I completely agree that this watch is not a $100k watch. I have yet to buy anything on the secondary market
Old 14 March 2023, 04:33 AM   #803
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassantg View Post

Do people want this watch because of hype or do they genuinely want the watch?

I know a couple friends offline that wants a cb because it's the watch to own. I personally can't imagine people pay 80k for a CB when a Havana lune gen2 goes for less 80k.

From what I understand FPJ didn't increase prices for 10 straight years and increased prices twice in the last 2 years.

If the waitlist is indeed 6 years and prices are increased to 55k or 60k. It actually may be better off just trying to buy this watch If it ever goes for 60 to 70k . If the demand is real.

Old 14 March 2023, 04:37 AM   #804
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

6 years ago I inquired about getting one, was told sure just need to wait a year or two, they were limited more due to production difficulty with tantalum. I said fine I'd rather buy new than used for 5% off msrp. sometimes being patient doesn't pay off.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2023, 08:32 AM   #805
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
6 years ago I inquired about getting one, was told sure just need to wait a year or two, they were limited more due to production difficulty with tantalum. I said fine I'd rather buy new than used for 5% off msrp. sometimes being patient doesn't pay off.
I had a very similar story. A used CB or a new H Moser Swiss Alps with blue dial. Obviously I picked the wrong one...

The dial on the Moser is very pretty.

Old 14 March 2023, 11:55 AM   #806
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I had a very similar story. A used CB or a new H Moser Swiss Alps with blue dial. Obviously I picked the wrong one...

The dial on the Moser is very pretty.

There is not right or wrong. Only the one which speaks to you.
Old 14 March 2023, 12:00 PM   #807
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I know a couple friends offline that wants a cb because it's the watch to own. I personally can't imagine people pay 80k for a CB when a Havana lune gen2 goes for less 80k.

From what I understand FPJ didn't increase prices for 10 straight years and increased prices twice in the last 2 years.

If the waitlist is indeed 6 years and prices are increased to 55k or 60k. It actually may be better off just trying to buy this watch If it ever goes for 60 to 70k . If the demand is real.

Just like the 5711/15202/16202. People were told it is the watch to have so they chased it without knowing why.

I have to say that the CB is a crowd pleaser with its blue dial and simple style. The rest of the FPJ lineup may need some learning to appreciate. (e.g. CO, RQ, TN, etc) I bet that 9 ot of 10 non-watch person would pick CB or CS as their first choice out of the entire catalogue without knowing the price/rarity of each reference.
Old 14 March 2023, 01:27 PM   #808
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

I was trying to complete a quadruplet. 5711 15202 Cameron deepsea, then add the CB.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2023, 08:02 PM   #809
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I honestly don't think CB is a 50k watch at all. If they do, then CS will have to increase by 15k at least.

Old 14 March 2023, 08:09 PM   #810
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:

For what it's worth Watchbox made the comment that Journe makes 100 CB per year out of 800-900 watches. I would bet the demand is there for them to dedicate 12% production to just one colorway of one model.