The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 April 2023, 06:45 AM   #1
aayates
"TRF" Member

cpo in u.s. / atlanta

I was at an AD in Atlanta today to put my name on the list for a new 41mm tt blue dial sub. The sales rep (who is my favorite) showed me a used 40 mm tt blue in the case for $22k or so. Also had special "no interest" financing. Just fyi, the cpo stuff is happening. This price (focus group of one) seems close but a little higher than greys.
aayates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2023, 08:14 AM   #2
Big_Red
"TRF" Member

Which AD if you don’t mind me asking? And agree seems higher than gray which a quick search appears to be $16-$18k range.
Big_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2023, 08:44 AM   #3
BlondesNwatches
"TRF" Member

The plan was it was always going to be higher since Rolex certified each watch in the program and confirmed authenticity.
BlondesNwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2023, 09:26 AM   #4
aayates
"TRF" Member

I'm not going to name names; I'm working with a great representative and don't want any controversy. Not too may AD's in Atlanta, though - 3, 5?
Old 20 April 2023, 09:39 AM   #5
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Good luck on the Sub
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2023, 09:44 AM   #6
VerticalClutch
Banned

I told my SA not even to mention CPO watches to me. I know several large Rolex customers and to a man, we’ve all said the same thing: the CPO program is an insult to us and we have zero interest in them. Sell me a used watch that isn’t a collectible for multiples of retail? Get lost.

I want a new Bluesy and I want it at retail. You try to rip me off and I’ll walk out and never return. I’ll also tell all my friends your store is trash. You upset people who don’t play that game and have wealthy friends…it’s no bueno. If it were a little under retail? Sure maybe. I understand the market is over retail, that’s why I think it’s a bad idea.

I think it’s a huge mistake that will backfire because the watches aren’t under retail. It’s basically blessing the sucker’s game and I’m not impressed. SA’s need to be careful who suggest a con to.
VerticalClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2023, 10:38 AM   #7
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

How do you know it was an official CPO watch? Most ADs have prepared watches for sale at market prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2023, 10:50 AM   #8
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Are you talking about a TT "Bluesy"?

You can get a mint 41mm 126613LB with b/p from a TRF trusted seller for around 17K. OCWATCH guy had like three this past month and I think the highest price was 18k for a unworn model. I'd take the 5K in my pocket.
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2023, 11:06 AM   #9
sevykor
"TRF" Member

If true, CPO may be setting the market on hard to get models. Bad for buyers but great for Rolex and grey market sellers. Or Rolex believes there is way more value to their program.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
sevykor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2023, 11:41 AM   #10
WilsdorfNDavis
"TRF" Member

I thought the CPO program hasn't started in the US yet - surely there would be an official announcement from the Crown?
Old 20 April 2023, 12:40 PM   #11
aayates
"TRF" Member

I may have been wrong on the CPO aspect of it. I would think there would be some sort of warranty, but I didn't specifically ask. Interest free financing for 3 years after a down payment was offered.
Old 20 April 2023, 03:15 PM   #12
rolexgs
Banned

the higher than grey cpo price is well expected and well worth it. that's the only way you could buy an authentic and not stolen watch, guaranteed.
rolexgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2023, 03:18 PM   #13
Halifax Daytona UK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayates View Post
I'm not going to name names; I'm working with a great representative and don't want any controversy. Not too may AD's in Atlanta, though - 3, 5?
Can you explain what you mean by “working with a great representative “ are you working in the same dealer as them , I don’t understand
Halifax Daytona UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2023, 03:30 PM   #14
aayates
"TRF" Member

Sales rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifax Daytona UK View Post
Can you explain what you mean by “working with a great representative “ are you working in the same dealer as them , I don’t understand
It's a sales rep that I've worked with before at this particular AD.
Old 20 April 2023, 03:34 PM   #15
slosloslo
"TRF" Member

CPO program is a great move but i think they need to lower the price a bit for it to make sense, if the standart market price is $17k then $22k is too far in my opinion. Other than that the CPO program helps to control the market price, a few extra thousand dollars but i can get extended warranty, paper of authentication and also 100% confident buying authentic watch is a good thing. CPO watches is going to be above current market price that means the standart grey dealers have the benefit as well because the grey will have better pricing.
slosloslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2023, 06:17 PM   #16
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

I have been to many Rolex ADs who have preowned inventory, which they sell at current market values. Tourneau has been doing this in the US for a very long time. Same for even small Mom & Pop ADs like Henne in Pittsburgh. That said, they are not selling these preowned watches as official Rolex CPO watches. They are likely looking them over, offering a year of "in store" warranty and marking them appropriately. No reasonable customer would go into that AD and say, whys your used HULK more than your new one ... they know.

The OP is just talking about a preowned watch, not an official Rolex CPO watch.
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2023, 07:12 PM   #17
ronricks
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsdorfNDavis View Post
I thought the CPO program hasn't started in the US yet - surely there would be an official announcement from the Crown?
These aren’t CPO watches from Rolex. It’s a partnership with Analog Shift (secondary dealer) and WOS stores. Totally different than the upcoming CPO program.
ronricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2023, 09:27 PM   #18
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Such is the pricing and the market. When the CPO program rolls out some will be upset at the pricing and availability. Such is the game right now.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2023, 05:01 AM   #19
WilsdorfNDavis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
These aren’t CPO watches from Rolex. It’s a partnership with Analog Shift (secondary dealer) and WOS stores. Totally different than the upcoming CPO program.

I know, I was commenting on the fact that the OP has the title as "cpo in u.s. /atlanta" and stating that the "cpo stuff is happening", which is misleading. Some in the this thread may have not caught the OP wasn't talking about the new Rolex program.
Old 21 April 2023, 06:03 AM   #20
aayates
"TRF" Member

i apologize for any confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsdorfNDavis View Post
I know, I was commenting on the fact that the OP has the title as "cpo in u.s. /atlanta" and stating that the "cpo stuff is happening", which is misleading. Some in the this thread may have not caught the OP wasn't talking about the new Rolex program.
Just interesting to see a pre-owned last gen watch at an AD for 5k more than a brand new one. Kind of the Ford Bronco scenario I guess. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused by assuming cpo.
Old 21 April 2023, 12:16 PM   #21
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Def not cpo in Atlanta since cpo has not started in USA. Mayor or brown is doing like tourneau. Tourneau has been selling preowned Rolex watches with their own 2 year warranty for years at market price.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2023, 12:37 PM   #22
WilsdorfNDavis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just interesting to see a pre-owned last gen watch at an AD for 5k more than a brand new one. Kind of the Ford Bronco scenario I guess. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused by assuming cpo.

No worries mate!
Old 21 April 2023, 03:05 PM   #23
WatchGuy1966
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was at an AD in Atlanta today to put my name on the list for a new 41mm tt blue dial sub. The sales rep (who is my favorite) showed me a used 40 mm tt blue in the case for $22k or so. Also had special "no interest" financing. Just fyi, the cpo stuff is happening. This price (focus group of one) seems close but a little higher than greys.
Certainly, you took a photo of the Rolex CPO plaque sitting in the CPO case, right?
WatchGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote