The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 March 2022, 09:09 AM   #91
Wrist Watcher
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk 116610LV
I would keep the Daytona but have wanted the VC for a while and wouldn’t blame you for going that route.
Wrist Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2022, 09:12 AM   #92
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona

Unsolicited VC fact... not only the best bracelet in the business for its combination of hand finish, width and thickness taper, all link screws, hidden clasp, and hidden 2 mm micro adjust on both sides of clasp... but even the link pins and screws have an amazing adaptation.

What you have here is a link pin held in place by a spin-decoupled cap screw (also rounded and black polished).

The bracelet motion cannot translate through the pin and into the screw head to back it out... ever.
Old 18 March 2022, 09:18 AM   #93
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Watch: “Pepsi”
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post

Unsolicited VC fact... not only the best bracelet in the business for its combination of hand finish, width and thickness taper, all link screws, hidden clasp, and hidden 2 mm micro adjust on both sides of clasp... but even the link pins and screws have an amazing adaptation.

What you have here is a link pin held in place by a spin-decoupled cap screw (also rounded and black polished).

The bracelet motion cannot translate through the pin and into the screw head to back it out... ever.

Is everything on the SS and pink gold version bracelets the same?
126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Screwly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2022, 09:37 AM   #94
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Trade white Daytona for a VC 4500v Blue?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwly View Post
Is everything on the SS and pink gold version bracelets the same?

I've never had the chance to see a RG out of the plastic so I don't know.

Design-wise for manufacturing, the stack of drawings required to specify a bracelet where nearly every single one of the 9 links on each side of the watch is unique, and with this clasp and quick release system, I would be floored if they were not identical save for a material note at the top of the drawings.
Old 18 March 2022, 09:43 AM   #95
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Watch: “Pepsi”
Quote:
I've never had the chance to see a RG out of the plastic so I don't know.

Design-wise for manufacturing, the stack of drawings required to specify a bracelet where nearly every single one of the 9 links on each side of the watch is unique, and with this clasp and quick release system, I would be floored if they were not identical save for a material note at the top of the drawings.

Ok thanks
126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Screwly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2022, 05:10 AM   #96
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona - BLACK
Don’t do it.
Old 19 March 2022, 05:20 AM   #97
interestedinwatches
"TRF" Member

If you have the RG 5500v chrono Overseas why would you get almost the same watch in a different color? Variety is the name of the game... having two of the same watch is boring
interestedinwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2022, 05:33 AM   #98
blada4life
"TRF" Member

i put a deposit down on a blue dual time a year ago before they started this new procedure. was told 3-6 months max. VC is now doing some artificial withholding. The boutique sees 1 blue dial overseas variation every 1-2 months. I dont mean 1 of each model, I mean literally just 1 piece and no one knows which SS overseas version it will be. Its extremely annoying. this is a VC corporate boutique. i was told that as soon as they stopped the order process and shifted to waitlists only, etc... the deliveries practically stopped. a month ago i was told my vc is "on the way" but that its held up due to customs. "customs"? really? i find that hard to believe. bunch of BS if you ask me. how long does it take to clear customs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZCaL View Post
I have been lusting over the blue dial Overseas for awhile now. Have been on a waiting list at VC boutique to leave a deposit. Who knows if that will ever happen. Both are hyped pieces. I know this is a Rolex forum but I am seriously thinking about trading my 116500 white Daytona for the VC blue 4500v. At the current market, I may need to add some cash.

Btw, I recently acquired a RG 5500v chrono Overseas which I love, so this 3 hander will accompany well as my daily piece.

Should I do it? Will I regret letting go the Daytona?
blada4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2022, 05:39 AM   #99
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blada4life View Post
i put a deposit down on a blue dual time a year ago before they started this new procedure. was told 3-6 months max. VC is now doing some artificial withholding. The boutique sees 1 blue dial overseas variation every 1-2 months. I dont mean 1 of each model, I mean literally just 1 piece and no one knows which SS overseas version it will be. Its extremely annoying. this is a VC corporate boutique. i was told that as soon as they stopped the order process and shifted to waitlists only, etc... the deliveries practically stopped. a month ago i was told my vc is "on the way" but that its held up due to customs. "customs"? really? i find that hard to believe. bunch of BS if you ask me. how long does it take to clear customs.

When I got the call for the blue it was leaving factory but then was stuck at port of Los Angeles customs for several weeks. They used to come to RNA first and then ship to your boutique but now they come from Switzerland straight to your boutique and there is delay there.

Sounds like any day now for yours. I think from call to arrival was 4-5 weeks for me.
Old 19 March 2022, 05:55 AM   #100
blada4life
"TRF" Member

interesting. thanks for the info. Whats "RNA", Richemont North America?

I am definitely excited for it and looking forward to the quick strap change system.

Quote:
When I got the call for the blue it was leaving factory but then was stuck at port of Los Angeles customs for several weeks. They used to come to RNA first and then ship to your boutique but now they come from Switzerland straight to your boutique and there is delay there.

Sounds like any day now for yours. I think from call to arrival was 4-5 weeks for me.
blada4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2022, 06:05 AM   #101
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blada4life View Post
interesting. thanks for the info. Whats "RNA", Richemont North America?

I am definitely excited for it and looking forward to the quick strap change system.

Yep. And you will love it. Though I always use the bracelet myself. Every time I think I'll use rubber and take it on vacation I grab a beater instead.
Old 19 March 2022, 06:10 AM   #102
VegasBaby
Banned

If you ever decide to sell, regardless of which one you end up with, a much larger market for the Daytona simply due to the "Rolex" name/brand. VC is still a relatively "niche" brand. It may not seem like it when you'r e checking out the comments on a watch forum but most have no idea what a Vacheron Constantin is..............they probably think Byzantine Emperor
VegasBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2022, 06:18 AM   #103
Mcasseba
Banned

Go for it!
Mcasseba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2022, 06:24 AM   #104
mykii
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP + PP + Rolex
AP, PP, VC is in a universe above Rolex. Would do the trade in a heartbeat.
Old 19 March 2022, 06:48 AM   #105
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Trade white Daytona for a VC 4500v Blue?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasBaby View Post
If you ever decide to sell, regardless of which one you end up with, a much larger market for the Daytona simply due to the "Rolex" name/brand. VC is still a relatively "niche" brand. It may not seem like it when you'r e checking out the comments on a watch forum but most have no idea what a Vacheron Constantin is..............they probably think Byzantine Emperor

1887 Faberge egg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabergé_egg

Napoleon Bonaparte wore a Vacheron.
Old 19 March 2022, 07:40 AM   #106
JSCP
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PM’s/Patek
yes!
DD40 RG/Sundust-Roman;DD40YG/White/Roman;DD40 WG/Olive;Daytona RG;Sub Black YG; Daytona Panda; Celebration 41; GMT-II’s: Left VTNR; GRNR; Batman; SkyDweller SSJubilee/Black; SUB no-date; Oysterquartz SS; DJ SS 36mm’87; Cartier: Roadster YG;Santos YG; Panther YG; Panther SS; Tank’73 YG, Tank must 2023 ;Tank Americaine YG;BulgariBB38mm/YG
JSCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2022, 10:39 AM   #107
VegasBaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sttimerolex View Post
For decades, really? I remember seeing them sitting looking very dated in display cases in the late 90s and early aughts
No you don't....if you do, you might need to check your memory.

The SS Daytona, starting with the 16520, has been hard to get for over 30 years..........obviously, not as hard as these days but there were rarely, if ever, SS Daytonas in AD's cases. PMs and Two-Tones, no problem.!!!
VegasBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2022, 11:06 AM   #108
GVAZQUEZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: KERMIT 16610LV
Yes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GVAZQUEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2022, 11:46 AM   #109
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasBaby View Post
No you don't....if you do, you might need to check your memory.

The SS Daytona, starting with the 16520, has been hard to get for over 30 years..........obviously, not as hard as these days but there were rarely, if ever, SS Daytonas in AD's cases. PMs and Two-Tones, no problem.!!!

Yep. Correct. I moved to Vegas in the armpit of the recession in 2008 and all SS were in the case except Daytona. There were PM and TT Daytonas. This was Wynn Rolex before WoS as well as an AD that used to be inside Mandalay Bay just off the gaming floor.
Old 29 May 2022, 01:59 AM   #110
crispyness87
"TRF" Member

A few days ago, I traded my white 116500ln for a blue 4500v, had to top up about USD8k. The Overseas didn’t do it for me, and thankfully the dealer was kind enough to trade it back to me at the same economics.

Don’t get me wrong, the Overseas is really cool and top grade, and I would definitely snag one at retail if given the opportunity. Why the 4500v didn’t work for me at this instance?
1) Well 116500ln was the perfect watch to share with my wife. 4500v was too big.
2) as a Royal Oak owner, I felt there was too much overlap with the 4500v. Daytona was used for rougher days (like looking after the kids outdoors) and the RO was for classier activities. Hence when I wore my Daytona, I never missed my RO; and vice versa. This wasn’t the case with the Overseas.
3) the overseas doesn’t exude the level of breathtaking finishing as the Royal Oak 15500st, to me at least.
4) I don’t know, the blue dial didn’t exactly blow me away. Very subjective point.
crispyness87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2023, 01:47 AM   #111
kentwg
"TRF" Member

The annoying part for the VC 4500V is it doesn't have hacking seconds and the date change seems weird and not instant. It seems like a handicap for the movement. This should not happen for a top 3 brand at all.
kentwg is offline   Reply With Quote