The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 July 2023, 09:51 AM   #61
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
I wear my watches so loose that they flop around. How much depends a lot on the weather, so sometimes they're a little loose and sometimes they're a little more loose. Some of the older ones on a bracelet, I will only wear in cooler weather, so that the bracelet fits loose enough for comfort. I don't like tight watches.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2023, 09:54 AM   #62
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Happens to most of us but seems to be an oyster thing for me. President and a jubilee don’t.
Old 25 July 2023, 10:07 AM   #63
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by abozz View Post
I wear the watch a little bit loose and when I raise my arm to see the time the watch comes towards the center and I read perfectly. I have more links @12

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk

Exactly the same for me. I have one more link on the 12:00 side, than on the:6:00 side, and wear it just a bit loose. I can easily fit my opposite forefinger between the bracelet and my wrist. The clasp sits dead center underneath. I think that because I set it up this way, the watch head stays centered.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2023, 12:42 PM   #64
vesnyder
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II
After reading this I had to look into my new Tudor that was doing the same thing. I've had other watches that did the same thing, but was able to fix it by shortening the six o'clock portion of the band. In the case of my Tudor the 6:00 band was as short as possible. I switched the ends of the band that reversed the aspect of the clasp. The reversed clasp will take some getting used to, but it beats the watch turning away from me on my wrist. Now when it turns, it rotates towards me instead of away from me.
vesnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2023, 02:58 PM   #65
Slimpee
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DJ 41; 1803; BB Ch
My BB Chrono does this and it’s annoying. I haven’t played around with the links yet but I should.
Slimpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2023, 05:48 PM   #66
dlddrrr
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV, DD, BLNR, ND
I wear my watch a little loose and happens to me all the time. I always thought it was a small price to pay to not have to cinch my watch tightly on my wrist like some people, I don’t like the look when someone has a watch too tight and their wrist fat dips down around their watch bracelet if you know what I mean.
dlddrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2023, 06:26 PM   #67
Ollie1982
Banned

Watch: Sub, Exp, DJ & Pam
I wear my Sub with 4 links on the 6 o'clock side. For me this angles the watch head more towards me and also gives me a decent view of the case, bracelet and clasp as the watch sits on my wrist, which I like.
Ollie1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2023, 06:44 PM   #68
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Most of my watches do this. It's the shape of my wrist. Getting the clasp square on the underside of my wrist is the key and different watches need different numbers of links removed or moved to different positions to achieve it. I've also reversed the clasp on a Breitling to achieve a good fit. None of my watches would be unbearable without remedial adjustment. I just like to get them to as near perfect as possible.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote