The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 30 July 2023, 07:08 AM   #31
l_chissle
"TRF" Member

Any pics of the condensation? Curious how it looks
l_chissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2023, 07:35 AM   #32
D_Rolex
"TRF" Member

26240, 2 months old and water damaged

If you registered for the AP coverage service could you request for a replacement versus a repair… it wouldn’t hurt to try…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D_Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2023, 08:54 AM   #33
neal.jy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 26240st,26420ce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandopat View Post
Do we really have anything better to do though? It’s Sat - I have time :)

Lol fair enough

neal.jy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2023, 10:35 AM   #34
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
He’s leaving and this time he really really means it.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2023, 07:22 PM   #35
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Icon10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
He’s leaving and this time he really really means it.
…..and he has an “excuse” to exit the AP brand too….
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2023, 08:16 PM   #36
DonLee
"TRF" Member

I find it really hard to believe that the watch just failed and water got into the watch, meanwhile none of it was user error.
DonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2023, 02:59 PM   #37
vliberman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neal.jy View Post
Between his other post and this one, it’s purely an attention-seeking crusade at this point. Doesn’t matter what anyone says, he’s going to continue being bitter and carrying on.. probably best to not feed the troll any further at this point lol

What basis do u have for such allegations? Why such disrespect to fellow collector?

He has a legitimate issue and wants to share with us. It is ok to get more details and try to establish the facts but please leave your innuendos out..
vliberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2023, 05:18 PM   #38
Henrimontgomery
"TRF" Member

Watch: yourself
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Got it

Not a good look for a brand new purchased, 2 month old used watch
Exact, the watch was bought new from the flagship store in Geneva. 2 months after it didn’t look as new. Just regular use from a watch that traveled around the world and got scratches from desks and other surfaces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_chissle View Post
Any pics of the condensation? Curious how it looks
The only pic I have doesn’t really show it well, I can post it later but picture a watch upon which you’d had applied sunscreen, then you are left with a film of white and some small water beads underneath. That’s that it looked like.

I brought it to the boutique where l’horloger immediately said “oh no!”, took it to the back and confirmed it was water damage.

On a side note, I have friends working for AP aware of the situation. They are not surprised, not happy, and asked me to write a letter. Also, one of them in manufacture said that indeed water would cause damage, due to the delicate caliber and oils used in this watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Rolex View Post
If you registered for the AP coverage service could you request for a replacement versus a repair… it wouldn’t hurt to try…
I will ask, though AP says this is at their sole discretion. I think the replacement option is when you have fall damage and the watch needs a new case + caliber. They would just scrap it and give you one from the production line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW44 View Post
…..and he has an “excuse” to exit the AP brand too….
If you think I intentionally damaged my watch to get an exit route, you are very mistaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonLee View Post
I find it really hard to believe that the watch just failed and water got into the watch, meanwhile none of it was user error.
What would constitute user error? You are aware these watches are WR50M?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vliberman View Post
What basis do u have for such allegations? Why such disrespect to fellow collector?

He has a legitimate issue and wants to share with us. It is ok to get more details and try to establish the facts but please leave your innuendos out..
I guess he’s bored and wants to bicker with random people online. Calling me a troll is very much projection from himself.
Henrimontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2023, 07:08 PM   #39
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrimontgomery View Post
What would constitute user error? You are aware these watches are WR50M?
Accidentally pressing the chrono buttons is one example...
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2023, 08:04 PM   #40
drrd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neal.jy View Post
Between his other post and this one, it’s purely an attention-seeking crusade at this point. Doesn’t matter what anyone says, he’s going to continue being bitter and carrying on.. probably best to not feed the troll any further at this point lol

Anyone thinking of getting into AP is going to be interested in the OP’s experience.

I wondered about time keeping precision, especially as AP don’t state what one can expect as ‘normal’. Reading about actual user’s experience has been helpful.

If an almost new watch rated to 50m leaks then that’s worth knowing too. It would be a very unusual tale to hear on the Rolex forum.

Similarly you don’t hear many complaints of Daytona feeling overly thick or top heavy so if someone finds the AP Chronograph to be so then I’m interested. My opinion when trying them was that the RO was nicely balanced and I agree the chronograph felt too thick and I thought the dial was too busy (like the Daytona actually).

I’m not sure what prompted the tone of your response. Whatever your intentions, it made me think that you’re invested in the brand and don’t wish to see it’s image tarnished.
drrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2023, 08:24 PM   #41
HMHM
"TRF" Member

https://youtu.be/w1NHTGTjF0A

A collector of AP in Singapore - Instagram ID Nopstar83 shares his thoughts about AP. Nop is not the first AP collector that lost interest in the brand.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2023, 08:51 PM   #42
Henrimontgomery
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
Accidentally pressing the chrono buttons is one example...
Do you own a ROC? If yes, you will know it’s not possible to accidentally press the chrono when washing your hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrd View Post
Anyone thinking of getting into AP is going to be interested in the OP’s experience.

I wondered about time keeping precision, especially as AP don’t state what one can expect as ‘normal’. Reading about actual user’s experience has been helpful.

If an almost new watch rated to 50m leaks then that’s worth knowing too. It would be a very unusual tale to hear on the Rolex forum.

Similarly you don’t hear many complaints of Daytona feeling overly thick or top heavy so if someone finds the AP Chronograph to be so then I’m interested. My opinion when trying them was that the RO was nicely balanced and I agree the chronograph felt too thick and I thought the dial was too busy (like the Daytona actually).

I’m not sure what prompted the tone of your response. Whatever your intentions, it made me think that you’re invested in the brand and don’t wish to see its image tarnished.
Makes sense, perhaps he’s a reseller with vested interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
https://youtu.be/w1NHTGTjF0A

A collector of AP in Singapore - Instagram ID Nopstar83 shares his thoughts about AP. Nop is not the first AP collector that lost interest in the brand.
I’ve seen this one, and I have to agree with him for some aspects. Thanks for sharing.
Old 31 July 2023, 09:09 PM   #43
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrimontgomery View Post
Do you own a ROC? If yes, you will know it’s not possible to accidentally press the chrono when washing your hands.
You asked a generic question and got a generic answer. And no, I don't own a ROC as I don't find them attractive in the least (unlike some RO and QPs).
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2023, 09:11 PM   #44
Henrimontgomery
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
You asked a generic question and got a generic answer. And no, I don't own a ROC as I don't find them attractive in the least (unlike some RO and QPs).
My bad, I though you were the previous replier sorry.