The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 November 2023, 06:20 AM   #1
Watchmanaz
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610 Submariner
Rolex and Arizona AD

Today i hit up all three Rolex dealers in the greater Phoenix and Scottsdale area. All three had the 126610LN for display only! I was given the typical song and dance that i would need to buy other pieces first in order to be put on a list for the one i really want.

It's truly sad how Rolex has such bad customer service and product availability!!

I told them all i will just go grey market and they all complained how places like this forum, the one gentleman actually knows the forum here are killing their livelihoods and causing problems on the retail side.

Oh well i guess i'll just buy my submariner here from a verified forum seller!
Watchmanaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2023, 06:26 AM   #2
krochana
"TRF" Member

That should do for you.
krochana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2023, 06:36 AM   #3
BlondesNwatches
"TRF" Member

They probably told you to sign up for an interest sheet? Feel free to report them if they told you to buy other stuff first before you got the piece you wanted. We know they can’t and didn’t say that in the first place.
And the forum isn’t killing their business. It’s helping to increase demand when people buy grey.
BlondesNwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2023, 06:47 AM   #4
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
You’re not affecting their business one bit by buying on the secondary market, if it makes you feel any better.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2023, 06:48 AM   #5
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
What problems on the retail side. They don't have the watch to sell to you. That is their fault, if anybody's, certainly not yours. If you want the watch, you will have to look elsewhere than an AD in your area.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2023, 06:52 AM   #6
Watchmanaz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondesNwatches View Post
They probably told you to sign up for an interest sheet? Feel free to report them if they told you to buy other stuff first before you got the piece you wanted. We know they can’t and didn’t say that in the first place.
And the forum isn’t killing their business. It’s helping to increase demand when people buy grey.
His words where i can interest you in these other models we have and once you have purchased one of them you can get the sub. So yeah he said that.
Old 5 November 2023, 07:20 AM   #7
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
The song remains the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tavli3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2023, 07:21 AM   #8
CarlOver
"TRF" Member

Maybe you should give it some time but then contact the manager and have a discussion about what you want and see how that goes. Then ask for recommendation of SA the manager thinks would be a good match. If mgr recommends that person then share this story and see how it goes. Might work out well for you.

I say this because I met with a SA at a large shop and looked at GS. I asked at some point about Rolex and he said basically a 5 year wait or maybe never. Getting the right person in the right department can make a world of difference. Best to you!
CarlOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2023, 07:44 AM   #9
Mad_Max4073
"TRF" Member

I remember watching a video that the rep Coffin & Trout told this lady her Rolex was frankensteined, and that Rolex never made a watch like that. He ended up telling her the serial # was no good, be he was wrong. He started to make up excuses that he only looked at the watch for a minute, but before that he was pounding his chest about how many years he has been selling Rolex.
Mad_Max4073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2023, 08:47 AM   #10
dduranceau
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600
Sounds about right based on the experiences I’ve had as well. Robert C. Wesley Jewelers in Old Town Scottsdale was the best of the bunch and unfortunately closed last year. Even though I was never offered anything there over the few years I checked in frequently they at least treated me with respect.
dduranceau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2023, 10:00 AM   #11
WilsdorfNDavis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchmanaz View Post

It's truly sad how Rolex has such bad customer service and product availability!!
You know they aren't Rolex right?
Old 5 November 2023, 10:30 AM   #12
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
This forum is great and provides great source of information
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2023, 10:57 AM   #13
HDGSN
"TRF" Member

Disregard
HDGSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2023, 11:01 AM   #14
minimalista
"TRF" Member

I contacted a Rolex/Tudor AD in your area when the Tudor FXD came out. I was told that I could pay in full for the watch upfront and would likely receive it within a year. I won't embarrass the dealer but that did not seem becoming of an AD.
minimalista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2023, 05:17 PM   #15
Cauhauna
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500
OP: not sure why you'd feel compelled to tell them you'd go grey. did you expect them to beg you to not do so and offer a submariner on the spot?

Entitlement is something AD's likely see a lot of; try a more refined approach on future visits.

Or, just go grey. it's a small premium for a sub.
Old 5 November 2023, 08:04 PM   #16
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Steel subs are a great deal right now.

Of course my dumb ass needs a hulk and those are a rip off.
Old 5 November 2023, 08:22 PM   #17
VonSomething
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Today i hit up all three Rolex dealers in the greater Phoenix and Scottsdale area. All three had the 126610LN for display only! I was given the typical song and dance that i would need to buy other pieces first in order to be put on a list for the one i really want.

I told them all i will just go grey market and they all complained how places like this forum, the one gentleman actually knows the forum here are killing their livelihoods and causing problems on the retail side.

I'm curious and please don't take this the wrong way, but can you explain to detail why the AD should sell the watch to you and not to any of the other 200 people that are waiting to get one?

Because the situation is not about the AD not wanting to sell you a watch, the problem is they have 200 people wanting one, but they only get 10 per year. If they had 100 watches coming in and only 10 interested, they would gladly offer you a discount.
VonSomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2023, 12:05 AM   #18
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
It's not Rolex, it is the AD's that are the issue. Just like car dealers and any other retailer. You are only as good as the people and the culture brought down from management. If you want a Submariner then look Grey as the prices have adjusted significantly. One of the best things about our Trusted Sellers is they typically have what you want and will deliver the next day after you pay.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2023, 12:47 AM   #19
Watchmanaz
"TRF" Member

Hey there easy boys. It was just a friendly review of how the day went looking at Rolex. Do I expect them to sell to me. Well yes it’s a business you have a product and you sell it to make money. Yes I knew they wouldn’t but I took the off chance that maybe I would strike gold.
Why did I tell them I would go grey you ask? Well I was given advice from someone who buys a lot of watches and he said every once in awhile they will have a change of heart. One store had two submariners in steel but would not sell. Well that’s their prerogative and I’m sure they have ample buyers.
So what it comes down to is that I will never go to an AD again and just get what I want in the grey market.
Thanks for all the replies and the negative ones I would say ease up there as it’s just a point of view from my day. If you are that worked up over a post then maybe you need to work on yourself.
Old 6 November 2023, 01:22 AM   #20
dubins930
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Rolex has become such a joke…. it will be interesting to see when the bubble collapses if they will still have a loyal fan base after the way they treat customers.
dubins930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2023, 01:55 AM   #21
casadecamporolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619LB
Sorry for it seeming to be a "s…show".
Lucky you weren’t trying to purchase 2 years ago.
Be patient, the market is softening.
The SAs are doubly put off…..you can’t buy, they can’t sell.
It’s what it is.
Entitled demeanor is a daily phenomena dealing with Rolex buyers and sellers.
casadecamporolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2023, 02:48 AM   #22
Michael T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

How is it “killing their livelihoods”? The AD’s sell every one they get in. I can say that they are loosing a lot of their base over time by not having a list that they follow?

A central ordering system would cut out the games and give new people to the brand a shot. It would also cut out back door sales. You look on Chrono24 at the number of new in box, there is definitely a certain amount of AD’s playing this game. The last two purchases in our family have been Cartier, where there are no games.
Michael T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2023, 05:26 AM   #23
Watchmanaz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael T View Post
How is it “killing their livelihoods”? The AD’s sell every one they get in. I can say that they are loosing a lot of their base over time by not having a list that they follow?

A central ordering system would cut out the games and give new people to the brand a shot. It would also cut out back door sales. You look on Chrono24 at the number of new in box, there is definitely a certain amount of AD’s playing this game. The last two purchases in our family have been Cartier, where there are no games.
Yes Im on the hunt and noticed so many NIB for sale
On certain forums. But I’m not paying even on grey market 4K over the retail
Pricing. Grey market needs to get real also. Some of these prices are hilarious.
Old 6 November 2023, 05:31 AM   #24
LndLord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krochana View Post
that should do for you.
lol
LndLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2023, 07:18 AM   #25
rick lee
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Batman
I went to those three Phoenix-area ADs two weeks ago. They were all pretty nice to me, but I'm also realistic in my expectations. I've bought from C&T and Hamra before, not from Hyde Park. Probably not gonna buy anything other than Rolexes from them, as Mrs. Lee doesn't care for jewelry much more than her Rolex and wedding ring. But I like to see what they have in stock and I have gotten a call before on an SD43, but had to pass. I'm sure they'd all like to have more Rolexes to sell.
rick lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2023, 07:55 AM   #26
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

But do you know how to play the game?

Seems like yes to me.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2023, 04:59 AM   #27
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:

If they won’t sell you a watch, they are killing their own livelihoods!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is online now   Reply With Quote