The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 9 November 2023, 10:54 PM   #31
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Congrats
Old 31 December 2023, 04:33 AM   #32
911cv
"TRF" Member

What are your thoughts on the size and feel of this relative to your Batman? I have a Batman and considering the 70th anniversary — I think the Batman is a perfect size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notimetodie View Post
So I finally picked up my BP 70th and its all I was hoping for and much more. The piece is simply amazing in real life and perfect size. I have a 6.5 flat wrist, and while it has big presence (largely due to the nato strap) I think its sized absolutely perfectly.

I did too have hesitations about the 70th anniversary text... but approaching 48 hours with it, it doesn’t bother me at all. In fact, looking at the watch (at least for me) I gravitate towards the top half. The text itself is so small it’s not an issue.

A nato strap is new to me, I have never had one and have already ordered the black Artem sail cloth. I suspect that once it goes on that it will rarely if ever go back on the nato. Its a shame beacause the buckle is amazing. The only plus is that the nato has so many holes it fits my 7 year old boy who is begging me to wear it all the time.

I have tried the FF 45mm so many times, wanting desperately to make it work and it was just too big. Missed out barely on the barracuda, but zero regrets after getting this with the amazing 1315 movement which fits the case perfectly. I have the older FF trilogy, which was my very first high end watch and the 1151 movement is a little flimsy. Has to be serviced evert 3 years basically (at least mine does). Otherwise the watch is perfect imo.

Anyway, enough words… I hope you enjoy some quickly taken images below to show the relative size to other select pieces in my small but growing collection. Thanks and have a great weekend!
911cv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2023, 07:57 AM   #33
saxo3
"TRF" Member

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=910362
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2023, 10:14 AM   #34
Notimetodie
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911cv View Post
What are your thoughts on the size and feel of this relative to your Batman? I have a Batman and considering the 70th anniversary — I think the Batman is a perfect size.
It definitely wears larger despite shorter lug to lug than the GMT. It is noticeably thicker; I have it on an Artem sailcloth now and it’s much better than on the nato it comes with. I think it wears larger than my RO too.

But the size isn’t overwhelming at all. Perfect sports watch for casual office days and weekends. If your wrist is 6.5in or larger no issues. Anything smaller and it may feel too big, but that’s a personal preference. I’ve taken it on beach vacations and it’s a perfect under the radar piece for all day wear. The 5 day power reserve is great too. Don’t have it on a winder and I only ran out of juice once since I got in August.

Finishing and movement are killer and the lume lasts all night - super legible. If you can get one, go for it.
Notimetodie is offline   Reply With Quote