The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 May 2024, 01:35 AM   #31
rrags
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP39, SS Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoOne View Post
I had no problem with it but I did need to make a visit to the store in person. That’s what I understand the Rolex policy to be, at least per this AD.

I tried on a few watches and had two shipped to me after the visit .
This has been my experience with my AD.
rrags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2024, 01:22 AM   #32
Tricolore66
"TRF" Member

I started buying from the AD in my hometown on a visit to see family (haven't lived there in 30 years) around ten years ago, and they still sell and ship me new watches. Other than steel Daytona's, back then you could pretty much find anything you wanted in the display case or only had a short wait to get a watch. I still visit them every few years when I'm in town, and I've bought maybe ten pieces and referred a number of people. I'm pretty sure the market as it has existed for the past four years or so wouldn't have made that possible, which is understandable. I'm pleased to be grandfathered in, but if Rolex ever told my dealer that it was no longer possible to sell me new watches then I'd probably no longer be interested in the brand.
Tricolore66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2024, 02:01 AM   #33
rockmastermike
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1982 16750
Like the poster above…..When I was visiting my home town I was told that they could only sell to locals…… however the manager and I attended the same high school (albeit a few decades apart, lol) and he said he would consider me local and registered my interest in a 36mm Exp.
rockmastermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2024, 11:26 AM   #34
train-time
"TRF" Member

My local AD used to ship out of state for me all the time way back when. I had an out of state address and they would not charge me the sales tax either. That changed a few years ago. They will still ship, but he said that they are now "tax compliant" and would charge sales tax unless I was shipping to an address in a state that had no sales tax.
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2024, 12:22 PM   #35
rick lee
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Batman
I had an AD in TN agree to FedEx me a watch so I could avoid the sales tax. That was a year ago. I couldn't take it with me and I wasn't going to be home for a week, but I was in no rush.
rick lee is online now   Reply With Quote