The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 December 2009, 02:58 PM   #1
jrssv

Buying on the Forum

Since I joined the forum I have heard many comments that there are great buys on the forum. A couple of names come up fairly frequently. Most gray market dealers give a two year warranty on new Rolex watches. Do the dealers on the form give their own warranty or can they somehow give a Rolex warranty? I'm trying to find someone who can explain the advantages beyond price of buying on the forum.
jrssv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2009, 02:59 PM   #2
rolexsubdate
Banned

PEACE OF MIND ....
rolexsubdate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2009, 03:02 PM   #3
brady
"TRF" Member

Watch: yes please
The watches I have bought on this forum have all come from DavidSW. They all came with brand new Rolex warranty with my name on the warranty card. I recently had to send one in to the Rolex Service Center in Dallas for some warranty work (no fault of DavidSW's). Rolex did the work without question and sent the watch back.

I have purchased from an authorized dealer before but I do not see myself doing so ever again.
brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2009, 03:10 PM   #4
greekbum
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 16750
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrssv View Post
I'm trying to find someone who can explain the advantages beyond price of buying on the forum.
I assume you are talking about a late model Rolex and not vintage.The only reason somebody doesn't buy a new watch from an Authorized Dealer is they want to get it cheaper.When looking for a better price your options and risks are fairly easy to figure out.People buy used, pre loved ,grey etc for only 1 reason and that is to get it cheaper.

Original Owner ROLEX 16750 GMT Daily Wearer For Over 13,000 Days And Counting
greekbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2009, 03:29 PM   #5
sakuraba
"TRF" Member

Watch: sun dial
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexsubdate View Post
PEACE OF MIND ....
+1

I always deal with people I'm comfortable with. If you have a strong relationship with your AD, I say go with them. I bought from this site's sellers because the ADs I had been to were impersonal, and yes, DavidSW makes very personal transactions.
sakuraba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2009, 11:07 AM   #6
jrssv

Thanks for the information.
jrssv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2009, 12:52 PM   #7
Matchbox
"TRF" Member

While I'm sure price is the reason many folks buy from a gray market dealer, it is not the only reason!

Availability can also be a deciding factor.

Also I have found that most of the regular sellers on this board have forgotten more about Rolex, than most sales clerks @ AD's will ever know!!!

Dealing with someone who actually knows what they are talking about is far more important to me than a shiny showcase & false modesty!

I won't say I'll never buy from an AD again, but frankly I can't imagine why I would!

By the way ... where is Anastasios hiding?????
Matchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2009, 01:08 PM   #8
Speed
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
While I'm sure price is the reason many folks buy from a gray market dealer, it is not the only reason!

Availability can also be a deciding factor.

Also I have found that most of the regular sellers on this board have forgotten more about Rolex, than most sales clerks @ AD's will ever know!!!

Dealing with someone who actually knows what they are talking about is far more important to me than a shiny showcase & false modesty!

I won't say I'll never buy from an AD again, but frankly I can't imagine why I would!
Well Said + 1,000,000
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote