The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 September 2005, 05:00 PM   #1
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Comparing old and new Rolex boxes...

Hi guys,

Here is an interesting link which compares the older style Rolex box with the newer ones which are available with Rollies from the late F-series onwards.

http://www.rolexreferencepage.com/boxes.html

Enjoy - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2005, 05:27 PM   #2
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Thanks JJ.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2005, 10:08 PM   #3
Atomic

Since it's from JBH, I'll seriously bite my tongue on anything he has to say.
Old 22 September 2005, 04:27 AM   #4
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic
Since it's from JBH, I'll seriously bite my tongue on anything he has to say.
Well, Johnny, in all fairness to JBH it was a pretty factual representation. I have the new boxes with both my present Rollies and, having owned several older boxes in the past, the new ones are a vast improvement in style, class and overall protection to the watch whilst in transit.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2005, 05:51 AM   #5
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
Well, Johnny, in all fairness to JBH it was a pretty factual representation. I have the new boxes with both my present Rollies and, having owned several older boxes in the past, the new ones are a vast improvement in style, class and overall protection to the watch whilst in transit.

JJ
Nevertheless, his reviews are akin to some high school kid writing a book report, most of which was borrowed from elsewhere.

I think Rolex presentation boxes suck big time. If I'm paying out almost CDN$7,000 for a flipping SS automatic watch, it had better come in a handsome box with nice presentation. In this respect, sadly, Rolex falls flat on its face. A plastic box for a $7000 watch? I'm losing interest fast.
Old 22 September 2005, 07:00 AM   #6
mamas
"TRF" Member

Hey Atomic.. i like both you and JBH so it puts me and probably some other guys here in a bit of a difficult situation when one guy we like posts negative stuff about another guy we like.... sometimes it may be better to let old dogs lie..
Agree with you with regards to rolex box being rather poor for $$$ paid for watch. I like the omega AT mahogany watch that some people get with their watch... although they just gave me their stock leather box :(
mamas

Last edited by mamas; 22 September 2005 at 07:04 AM..
mamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2005, 10:15 PM   #7
Atomic

No worries, but I wasn't slamming him, per se, just his work. And I'm one in a cast of thousands online who have done so. And I have let sleeping dogs lie very still for a long time. I was having a crappy day.