The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 27 December 2011, 11:22 AM   #91
Widows Son
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
Jerry, good example about the lincoln.

Wdalew5:

actually appear to be on the same side.
it appears Wdalew5 was just trying to raise awareness in light of the national campaign that has been going on to besmirch civil servants. there are many who believe that a watch would mean your overpaid, we know its just a watch and it is gotten by sacrifice somewhere else. bottom line is those charged with looking out for the best interests of civil servants will clearly advise you to refrain from dangling a rolex in your neighbors face... its just easier on so many levels.

Paul????

your navy service is much appreciated.

working in LE is difficult and not like television... some people are more capable than others when it comes to handling authority, often times it is life experience and training that can make a difference.

Still others are more capable of receiving authority, and avoiding a bad interaction

please don't judge the lot by a couple of bad experience's, the job is extremely difficult swinging from 1 call to the next, while few are up to the task of presenting themselves to everyones satisfaction while also assessing each particular situation in a split second, taking into account civilian and personal safety.

and

fyi, If an occasion arises where a chap has requested the privilege of being pummeled, it is referred to as a "Baton."

next time you get pulled over, for a pleasant experience, proceed as follows:
1)pull over as quick as safety permits
2)turn off the car
3)turn on the Dome light inside the car (if dark)
4)stay in your seat, put the keys and your hands on the dashboard.
5)Hello officer ...

the above actions shall bring a level of comfort to the situation, allowing the LEO to address you without the tension on high... everyone likely to walk away a bit happier.

this has been a PS announcement
Your suggestions are spot on (1-5). But whenever someone does these things I think one of two things: A, he''s been through this before, or B, he's another cop!!!
Widows Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2012, 08:26 AM   #92
onions
"TRF" Member

Handed in my badge, so to speak, just over 8 months ago after serving nearly 26 years with Victoria Police (state police force of around 11,000 police officers). Actually, I got to physically keep my badge as a keepsake...but it no longer has any 'magical powers'

For at least the last 15 years I've been 'armed' with the same Montblanc meisterstuck le grande ball-point pen...carried it with me everywhere through thick and thin...and it still remains with me daily...

Also wore my Montblanc Meisterstuck XXL Sport chronograph on most days...except for training when I reverted to my trusty Seiko diving watch that I've had for a 100 years or more...

Always loved and admired Rolex but copped enough crap from my mates with MB, let alone what I would have gotten if I had donned a Rolex on my wrist...

Cheers all,

Ian
onions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2012, 09:24 AM   #93
Rambis

Watch: 16610
I've been in Fed. LE for a little over 11 years and i've seen some nice pieces on the wrists of my fellow brothers in blue. I would say the majority being subs followed by GMTs. It seems to me that fine quality fire***s and timepieces go hand in hand. You will see a Rolex on the wrist of many fire***s enthusiasts. Just take a look in any issue of G***s and Ammo and I bet you will see more than 1 Rolex. I've had my 16610 about a month and couldn't be happier. That being said, I wear my good ol' G-Shock that's been with me since 2000 more often than the 16610. When I do wear the Rolex to work, the days always seem to be a little better. Cheers brothers!
Rambis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2012, 06:21 AM   #94
FremStar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Wall Street
I'm not in L.E., however, some pictures for this thread!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20111217_195424.jpg (78.8 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20111203_165310.jpg (78.6 KB, 92 views)

"A Watch Is An Emotional Object, And So, It Is The Responsibility Of The Brand To Create Emotion Through It's Products" - Georges Kern

"In the 1950s and 60s, they made the Ref 8171, which is a cult collectible—now that’s the ultimate Rolex you could own with a calendar and a moon phase.” - John Reardon

"Heh, heh, heh..." - Michael Kilyung
FremStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2012, 06:47 AM   #95
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Since this thread popped up again, I'll tell you guys what happened when I got pulled over for speeding while on the way to visit my family in AZ Christmas week. I was going 12 mph over, he came to the side of the car, asked for the usual stuff, the usual questions, (did I have any weapons etc.) He introduced himself as "trooper...." (whatever his name was), he was very respectful and courteous. He asked if I knew the speed limit, how fast I was going, I answered truthfully to every question, (yes, and yes I knew I was going 10 over the speed limit... actually I was going 12 over! ). After checking everything out he asked: "Why were you speeding sir?" I answered: "Trooper, I got no excuses, other then I was excited to see my mommy for Christmas!" He laughed, told me to slow it down and let me go.

Like I said previously, I respect the hell out of you guys, could never do your job and don't know how you do it. I have a dislike for a lot of LEOs, but in this instance it just proved, show respect, (not making up excuses etc.) and LEOs will give it back to you. I'm not saying you won't get a ticket! but the inter-action between LEOs and us civilians is always better if there is respect on both sides. LEOs, am I right?
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2012, 11:27 AM   #96
seand442
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Since this thread popped up again, I'll tell you guys what happened when I got pulled over for speeding while on the way to visit my family in AZ Christmas week. I was going 12 mph over, he came to the side of the car, asked for the usual stuff, the usual questions, (did I have any weapons etc.) He introduced himself as "trooper...." (whatever his name was), he was very respectful and courteous. He asked if I knew the speed limit, how fast I was going, I answered truthfully to every question, (yes, and yes I knew I was going 10 over the speed limit... actually I was going 12 over! ). After checking everything out he asked: "Why were you speeding sir?" I answered: "Trooper, I got no excuses, other then I was excited to see my mommy for Christmas!" He laughed, told me to slow it down and let me go.

Like I said previously, I respect the hell out of you guys, could never do your job and don't know how you do it. I have a dislike for a lot of LEOs, but in this instance it just proved, show respect, (not making up excuses etc.) and LEOs will give it back to you. I'm not saying you won't get a ticket! but the inter-action between LEOs and us civilians is always better if there is respect on both sides. LEOs, am I right?
You are correct with the respect thing. Within about 10 seconds, I know if you are getting a ticket or warning . I'm glad you had a good experience with my dept. Honesty goes a very long way...of course, if you make me laugh and a comment about your mommy would, I'll probably let you go.
Old 10 January 2012, 02:41 PM   #97
FeelingTheBlues
"TRF" Member

Watch: If you wish...
Quote:
Originally Posted by seand442 View Post
You are correct with the respect thing. Within about 10 seconds, I know if you are getting a ticket or warning . I'm glad you had a good experience with my dept. Honesty goes a very long way...of course, if you make me laugh and a comment about your mommy would, I'll probably let you go.
Taking notes...

Thank you guys for helping us living in a peaceful world! No matter where you are we need you!
On va hisser le drapeau blanc un point c'est tout.

- André Fortin
FeelingTheBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2012, 03:49 PM   #98
Gharddog03
"TRF" Member

Watch: R O L E X
Usually wear a G Shock. I have never worn a Rolex on the job but have worn some Omegas.
Gharddog03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2012, 01:01 AM   #99
Rsvrider
"TRF" Member

Watch: It cming frm above
Rolex Sacrifices ist Life. Here's the story: group of us working as green badger (hope that qualifies as a LEO) oversees came to a secure area guarded by security with small arms and canines. That area was not an American building but a local one. While walking between ck point 1 to ck point 2 (a narrow corridor) one of the dogs, without bark or provocation, decided to turn his head and bite and hold on to the hand/wrist of one of my teammates! Luckily he was wearing his Sub which took much of the hit. The handlers did retreat and apologized etc. Nevertheless the watch was done, crystal smashes, face destroyed etc. Lucky and unlucky guy, he did get bit but at least not as bad. But it cost him his Rolex.
"The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday"
Rsvrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2012, 01:26 AM   #100
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Green Badger? Border Patrol?
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2012, 03:02 AM   #101
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes & Tudors
I was a licensed police officer for 13 years working with local and regional SWAT units. I quit SWAT at age 42 after taking the fitness test and realizing that I had just passed it for the last time. I worked as the medical director for the local police and sheriff departments for 25 years and just quit in October when I retired from Emergency Medicine and began working in a walk-in clinic.

Anyway, I wore a G-Shock on call outs or on the rare times that I worked the county. However, I almost always took it off just before any dynamic entries, as I had worries of degloving injuries should it get caught up on something. In 13 years, I only had to care for one officer injury. We had been running and shooting M-16s all day and switched quickly to MP-10s. The officer took a "long grip" on the MP-10 and placed his fingertip over the barrel, promptly shooting the tip of his finger off.

joeychitwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2012, 02:11 PM   #102
Submarino
"TRF" Member

Watch: them for me!
I'm not in LE but I have a ton of respect for all of you that put your lives on the line to protect our safety and peace. I have only had great experiences when pulled over and nothing but great officers doing their due diligence with professionalism and respect. I got a ticket during the Holidays while driving to Cleveland and all I can say is that the officer that pulled me over in Perrysburg, OH was nothing but nice and courteous.

I used to live in NYC so I decided to post some nice pics in honor of 'New York's finest'. Thank you officers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NYPD2.JPG (145.8 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg NYPDGMT.JPG (157.1 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg NYPD3.JPG (138.8 KB, 47 views)

Instagram @watchcollectinglifestyle

Submarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2012, 02:26 PM   #103
Rsvrider
"TRF" Member

Watch: It cming frm above
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
Green Badger? Border Patrol?
No, not ICE or Border Patrol. Green Badger is the name given to military contractors working for the CIA. Blue badgers are CIA employees.
"The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday"
Rsvrider is offline   Reply With Quote