The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 29 February 2012, 07:25 AM   #151
East Bay Rider
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710LN
Seriously it's like the OP has a superiority complex and thinks that he should be the only one at the table wearing a nice watch or having nice things.
The reality is that often the people we 'use' to get things done (carpenters, mechanics, independent contractors, landscapers, salespeople etc) often have more money than the people they work for.
These folks who get off on their Rolex and think it elevates them somehow need to get off their high horses and stop looking down their noses on the people they think are 'beneath' them on the success scale.
It always just says "now"
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And if I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
J. Buffett
Instagram: eastbayrider46
East Bay Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 2012, 08:05 AM   #152
Stonedcl
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116200, 116610
Quote:
Originally Posted by East Bay Rider View Post
Seriously it's like the OP has a superiority complex and thinks that he should be the only one at the table wearing a nice watch or having nice things.
The reality is that often the people we 'use' to get things done (carpenters, mechanics, independent contractors, landscapers, salespeople etc) often have more money than the people they work for.
These folks who get off on their Rolex and think it elevates them somehow need to get off their high horses and stop looking down their noses on the people they think are 'beneath' them on the success scale.
I think you have me all wrong buddy, I know that I am not better then anyone else. I treat everyone equily and treat people how I would like to be treated. I did not buy a Rolex to elevate anything , I bought one becuase I was always into watches since I was a little kid and finally worked hard enough to buy one.. I never thought anything of it untill one of my co-workers mentioned it to me.. I dont think that cloths or money make the person , its how he carries himself and treat others.. I never look down on anyone and that has sold me alot of cars. I can't tell you how many times someone walked in and looked like they could not affort a corolla and no one else wanted to approch them and I end up selling them a $70K Infiniti QX56 when no one else would even say hello..
Stonedcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 2012, 08:15 AM   #153
RLXSTR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub5513 / Choc1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by psv View Post
I don't fault people for being successful at what they're doing or being into watches. As long as I get the price that I want on the product I have no problems with them wearing a nice watch.
Ditto.

It's like my clients not buying a Rolex from me because I'm wearing a Rolex.
Old 29 February 2012, 08:15 AM   #154
gwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD; 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by East Bay Rider View Post
It's not the OP. I don't think you read any of the posts. There are many ppl that replied that have the issue. Not the OP
gwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 2012, 08:44 AM   #155
East Bay Rider
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710LN
Yes, you're right. I was mistaken. I shouldn't have singled out the OP. It's the other guy.
OP (Stonedcl) I apologize.
It always just says "now"
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And if I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
J. Buffett
Instagram: eastbayrider46
East Bay Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 2012, 08:46 AM   #156
Lmbeauleap
"TRF" Member

Watch: Franken
I saw someone drop $8K on a prize winning hunting dog and then he accidentally shot and killed it. You think a ding on your watch is bad you should have seen this guy after that happened. It never ceases to amaze me what people spend their money on. Their possessions never enter my mind unless they interest me.
Lmbeauleap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 2012, 10:17 AM   #157
rolexgiants
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrunner View Post
That can lead to seriously misjudging someone just because they don't dress based on some criteria for acceptable attire you have arbitrarily created in your head. People have different priorities especially when it comes to how they spend money and it doesn't mean they are necessarily bad at their job or are lazy because they decide to wear a cheap dress shirt from Kmart instead of a custom shirt from Thomas Pink.

I work with a ton of physicians and one particular physician comes to mind. He wears dress shirts and slacks that look as if they have been in his closet for 20 years but he is brilliant and a pioneer in cancer research. He has been published over 800 times and is one of the most sought after oncologist in the US. I am guessing most patient's under his care could care less what the hell he is wearing.

He just doesn't have a lot of interest in clothes and this came out at a meeting when someone was teasing him about his terrible tie from the early 80s. He just laughed and said he never realized his tie was dated. He just said he has other interests and more pressing matters than his attire.

And I should mention he has a $4 million sailboat since his passion is sailing and a $12 million apartment overlooking Central Park.
Agreed... The guy im talking about lives in a townhouse on the upper east side... No furniture... Lol... Crazy but true... And I may add.... A great generous person who would help anyone!!!! he just bought a house in east Hampton for 9 million... I asked him if I should buy him an air mattress for the place.. Lol lol lol
rolexgiants is offline   Reply With Quote