|21 January 2013, 04:53 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2012
With the Incomming of my DSSD - I need a beater! Help!
So, Got rid of my PO, my Superocean, and convinced the AD to give me 3900 in trade for my 14060M (if anyone wants for 4.2 check out my FS post ;) and my DSSD will be incoming Feb1 then as a result for sure.
Life is great, got my first Grail, started looking for a second. Then life hit, Mother got sick, Dad is tapped out, and needs me to buy her a place near a hospital, etc. Life. Second grail suddenly seems far far off.....
And as a result , my plan of buying myself a seadweller to go actual DIVING in has been relegated to not happening in the near future. - also the potential of having another grail soon ... etc.... protect the DSSD!!!! - Which means i need a beater.
the DSSD fits great at 43.5mm - As does the Tag aquaracer 500m, the 42.5M PO fit well, but so did the 45mm... the 44 JLC fit a little big on my wrist... So i think i am looking for something under 50mm lug to lug, 42.5mm - 44mm face.
I know very little about watches in the 2k range though... So here's what i've come up with, let me know if there are any suggestions
1. Must be 42.5mm - not bigger then 45.5mm - 50mm/lug to lug
2. Must not exceed 2k on a regular basis
3. Must be an actual diver. This will be used for DIVING. 200m min water resistance.
So far i've come up with
- Seiko Tuna
- Tawatec (tritium seems cool - service seems like a bitch though and this watch will need regular testing as i dive 6-7 times a year on trips and regularly on weekends)
- Someone suggested an Oris T1 diver? they all seem to have "wavy' faces though (not a fan of that)
- AquaRacer 500m.
I don't like the Ecozilla. (Face is REALLY small, seems to be all metal)
Thoughts? Advice? Great places to pick one up outside of Ebay?
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|