The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 10 May 2016, 03:11 AM   #1
Alford78
"TRF" Member

Idea for tie pin/tie tack

I'm not the type to wear jewelry other than watches. I don't even wear my custom made carbon fiber wedding band but my grandfather left me some diamonds and a horseshoe diamond tie tack (some of you horseman may have knew him. Loyd Ford Sr. He got Larry Jones into training back in the 80s/90s. Filled his barns way he could pursue the life of training with his wife Cindy Jones. They've had some Ky Derby shots including Eight Bells). Alright enough babbling just making my point that our family was a horse racing family and the horse shoe tie tack was part of it but since I am no longer in the horse scene I was thinking of having a Calatrava symbol made with the diamonds for a tie tack or pin. I think the tack would be better and less dressy but any and all thoughts welcome.

Any pics welcome too! I've seen the solid gold Calatrava cuff links and they are nice but silver will be my style for them since would go with WG or Platinum.
Alford78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2016, 05:43 AM   #2
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I think if you can make them into cufflinks that would be a nice match with your watch.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote