The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 7 November 2008, 04:47 PM   #1
Zman86
"TRF" Member

Great Visit to AD...

Stopped at the mall tonight to pick up a birthday card and decided to stop at the AD to see if they had anything new in that I could ogle. Within a minute of walking in a lady asked me if I needed any help. I told her I was just browsing and wanted to see if they had anything new come in. She responded with "we have a deepsea, want to try it on?" I tried it on briefly about a month prior, but I didnt get a good feel for it. Of course I said yes, and as she took the watch out I took off my sub and put it on the counter. She handed me the deepsea and picked mine up and put it on the felt trays they have, which I thought as a nice gesture. We talked about the pros and cons for more than 5 minutes while I was wearing it. I love the weight, the feel, and the look of it straight on, but its way, way too thick, almost looks kinda gaudy from the side. I could barely fit it under my sweater sleeve. I messed around with the clasp a bit, and I really like it. I handed it back to her and said I dont think i see one of those in my future.

"Ok, anything else you see that you would like to try?" Next up was a white face Milgauss, I really like the look of the Milgauss, but had yet to try one on. I must say that this watch felt and looked perfect to me, though I would probably opt for a black dial. Felt much more comfortable than my sub, and I really love the look and feel of it. I didnt want to take it off. While I was wearing it I asked her if they had ever had a GV Milgauss, and she told me they actually had one in stock, but it was not at the store, and the owner of the store had not yet put it up for sale as he may keep it himself. She also informed me that they (rolex) has been having lots of problems with the Green crystals, what I dont know, and that she expects them to quickly become collectors items. I also asked if she had seen one of the new 42mm datejusts, but she said that they have not received one yet, and they may be special order. After another 5-7 minutes of talking, I reluctantly handed the Milgauss back over, and she informed me that in the vault she had a new GMT II ceramic and a SS Daytona if I was interested in trying either, but I had to politely turn the offer down because I was pressed for time (SS Daytona was $11,495 or something close to that Canadian, duno what retail is in canuck money). She told me to come back any time to try them on, and joked that if I tried anything on 3 times I then had to buy it. Before I left, she asked me how I was liking the Submariner so far, and if I had any questions or problems with it, to which I responded I love it and everything is great.

I left the store feeling great, I've never been treated so well in a retail situation in my life, all while in normal, ratty street clothes, covered in dirt and scratches from work (she even remarked while I was doing up the clasp on the Milgauss how many cuts were on my hands and how dirty I was), Yet she still handed me the watches like I had just dropped a suitcase of cash on the display. She answered every question I had quickly and intelligently also. For some reason it made my day to be treated so well, and I didnt even have to buy anything. I do know one thing though, I'm starting to save for a Milgauss, maybe next year....
Zman86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2008, 05:18 PM   #2
stanislav

there are still some nice people around, and yes, some of them do really work in retail
lucky you happened to bump into one of them

PS Just reading about your experience made my day a little better
stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2008, 05:42 PM   #3
moby33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Omega/Seiko
It's amazing how little effort goes into being a good salesperson. Glad to hear you had such an experience, it really makes a big difference.

I sure wish the AD in South Coast Plaza here in SoCal acted like this...instead they all stand around in their stuffy suits, erect as can be and void of any type of humor...I laughed at their mannerisms and asked them how they enjoyed working for the secret service (of course I got zero reaction or smiles - which was expected). Cheers.
moby33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2008, 05:50 PM   #4
swatty
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: The Game
Thats a great story, thanks for sharing. I'm sure when you are ready to buy you will go straight back to this salesperson, I know I would
swatty is offline   Reply With Quote