The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: ROLEX (brand) watches

Old 24 June 2006, 04:29 AM   #1
j111dja
"TRF" Member

FSOT: Rolex GMT Master II. P series. Complete package

I have a near mint P series Rolex GMT Master II. Black/black. It was purchased new in early 2001 from an authorised UK Rolex dealership. It was recently checked out by my local Rolex dealership. Receipt included.Spare red/black and all black bezel inlay's included. This watch comes with everything from new and the bracelet is full length. Keeps time to within chronometer specification. Photo's available on request.

I would sell for £1795 Pounds Sterling or trade for a really nice Rolex Sub non date 5513,5517 or Sub Date 1680. Numerous impeccble references and I am paypal verified and confirmed. Thanks for looking.

David
j111dja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2006, 04:33 AM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Hi David,

Welcome to TRF and hope you enjoy your stay here.

However, I don't wish to burst your bubble, but that asking price for a FIVE year old GMT-II is a bit over the top.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that works out to over US$3,300...just a bit too much for that calibre of watch. Although it's an excellent piece, it's still five years old.

You may have to leave yourself open to negotiation.

Good luck - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2006, 04:38 AM   #3
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Welcome to TRF, David. That's a beautiful watch you've got. It happens to be my very favorite. But I agree with JJ. Your asking price is quite high for a 5 year old previously owned watch. I bought mine new in 2004 for US$3300. So I think you're going to have to come down quite a bit to get any takers here. But good luck to you. And don't let that keep you from joining us on the other boards and becoming a regular around here.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2006, 04:49 AM   #4
j111dja
"TRF" Member

My GMT II

Hi Guys,

I appreciate your comments but please note that this watch has been totally overhauled by Rolex and I just got it back a few days ago.I am sure you would know the costs involved? Please also note that market prices vary from country to country and this is a very fair UK price. The UK list is £2600 Pounds Sterling (that equates to US$4650 at current customer exchange rates of £1 = $1.79) and my price is £800 less than this. Reasonable for a near mint and complete example which needs nothing for five years. Oh, don't forget, the US Dollar is weak against the Pound at present!

This price is non negotiable as it is a superb example.

Thanks.

David
Old 24 June 2006, 05:59 AM   #5
Atomic

I have to agree with David, in that the watch market in the UK commands a higher premium than what people are willing to pay in North America (or down under). That said David, it might help to say you'd prefer a local (UK) deal.

Good luck.
Old 25 June 2006, 12:16 AM   #6
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
I have to agree with David, in that the watch market in the UK commands a higher premium than what people are willing to pay in North America (or down under). That said David, it might help to say you'd prefer a local (UK) deal.

Good luck.
I think you're right, John. I always felt watch prices in London were significantly higher than comparable pieces would be in the States, the exchange rate notwithstanding.

Good luck on selling it, David. As I said before, it's my favorite watch. If I didn't already have one, I might be tempted.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2006, 01:47 AM   #7
j111dja
"TRF" Member

Rolex GMT II

This watch is now sold.Thanks.