The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 16 December 2021, 01:06 AM   #3001
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

So, can Lewis move to Monaco full-time now.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2021, 02:22 AM   #3002
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
I read that the appeal has stopped at LH’s request

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hadn’t seen that yet - do you know where it was posted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2021, 04:29 AM   #3003
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
First ,you have " No Michael ! " robbing Lewis from the crown and now we see Prince Charles sticking a sword into his shoulder !

" It isnt right !!! "
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2021, 04:30 AM   #3004
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Daytona Blusy
Radio calls from multiple drivers to their race engineers after the Latifi crash. This sheds a little more light on the situation at hand and it doesn't seem so bad for Masi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K469WuoDJTw

My interpretation of these radio calls from all the drivers leads me to believe that Masi should have allowed all the lapped cars to unlap themselves earlier in the SC period but the end result would still have been VER behind HAM with VER on fresh softs vs. used hards for HAM. Does anyone else have see it differently?
SDGT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2021, 04:44 AM   #3005
bibbi
"TRF" Member

Masi as always playing in RBR’s favor. Why on Earth didn’t he deploy the SC immediately after the serious crash but did so only after LH passed by the pitlane? Regardless of whether MB would or would not call Lewis for tyre change. He deproved them of the chance/equal treatment.

The same dirty and disgusting trick as with the red flag deployed many laps after cars followed SC the week earlier. And only after LH pitted, thus giving MV a free tyre change during the red flag. Unbiased decision, huh?
bibbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2021, 05:30 AM   #3006
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibbi View Post
Masi as always playing in RBR’s favor. Why on Earth didn’t he deploy the SC immediately after the serious crash but did so only after LH passed by the pitlane? Regardless of whether MB would or would not call Lewis for tyre change. He deproved them of the chance/equal treatment.

The same dirty and disgusting trick as with the red flag deployed many laps after cars followed SC the week earlier. And only after LH pitted, thus giving MV a free tyre change during the red flag. Unbiased decision, huh?
You must have forgot lap 1 of Abu Dhabi when Lewis gained advantage but no action. Or perhaps Copse corner at Silverstone, or maybe the unlapping and fresh tires Lewis got from the red flag he caused at Imola when Max had lapped him....
Old 16 December 2021, 05:44 AM   #3007
bibbi
"TRF" Member

The Official Formula One Thread!

Oh, yes, sorry I forgot. Abu Dhabi Lap 1 & Copse where by applying the strategy „I-will-drive-recklessly-and-will-push-LH-out-of-his-track-or-will-make-him-slow-down-because-this-is-me-Max” MV tried to gain advantage. Yeah, that I forgot

Fortunately not everyone is this weak to move out of MV way just because „he thinks he can make it”.
bibbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2021, 05:59 AM   #3008
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGT3 View Post
Radio calls from multiple drivers to their race engineers after the Latifi crash. This sheds a little more light on the situation at hand and it doesn't seem so bad for Masi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K469WuoDJTw

My interpretation of these radio calls from all the drivers leads me to believe that Masi should have allowed all the lapped cars to unlap themselves earlier in the SC period but the end result would still have been VER behind HAM with VER on fresh softs vs. used hards for HAM. Does anyone else have see it differently?

The unlapping procedure was delayed for safety reasons. Many boots on the ground to clean up the debris while simultaneously retrieving LAT’s car.

The pitwall teams all radio’d “no unlapping” early in the SC period because that was the instruction. The word “yet” coulda, shoulda been used - but Masi was being barraged by multiple MB and RB calls - Masi eventually said wait until I get this clean-up sorted.

Just as info, the SC was intentionally slowed a bit to give longer gap for clean-up while hopefully preserving a restart with 1 or 2 racing laps remaining.

On lap 57 it was clear all cars couldn’t unlap in time to allow a restart. That’s the decision everyone is debating now.

So Masi just unlapped those who would’ve been blueflagged with VER bombing them. You can judge as everyone else does - which was safer? - which was less fair?

Not defending either POV but respect all angles since it’s a Sh::tShow already.

Old 16 December 2021, 06:18 AM   #3009
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
The unlapping procedure was delayed for safety reasons. Many boots on the ground to clean up the debris while simultaneously retrieving LAT’s car.

The pitwall teams all radio’d “no unlapping” early in the SC period because that was the instruction. The word “yet” coulda, shoulda been used - but Masi was being barraged by multiple MB and RB calls - Masi eventually said wait until I get this clean-up sorted.

Just as info, the SC was intentionally slowed a bit to give longer gap for clean-up while hopefully preserving a restart with 1 or 2 racing laps remaining.

On lap 57 it was clear all cars couldn’t unlap in time to allow a restart. That’s the decision everyone is debating now.

So Masi just unlapped those who would’ve been blueflagged with VER bombing them. You can judge as everyone else does - which was safer? - which was less fair?

Not defending either POV but respect all angles since it’s a Sh::tShow already.

The bottom line is at the end of the race it would have been the same:

VER behind HAM with fresh soft tires. HAM on old hard tires. The only people affected were the unlapped cars behind VER who were going to get blue flags.

As Nico Rosberg mentioned in the post race interviews, if Mercedes pit HAM after the last SC comes out they give up track position for new tires and VER stays out with old hard tires. If the race goes to green, you have the exact opposite of what happened with the probability of HAM passing VER for the win on new tires.

BUT WHAT IF THE RACE FINISHES UNDER THE SAFETY CAR? Mercedes would have lost HAM the championship by pitting HAM for tires.... not a very even risk for reward prospect. The Latifi crash triggered probabilities and odds that were astronomical with regard to how things played out. The only thing certain was that Mercedes had first choice of what they would do and Max was just going to react to whatever Mercedes did not do.

It's not the same, but the closest I can recall was the 2010 season finale, ironically also in Abu Dhabi, when Alonso in the Ferrari and Vettel in the Red Bull took the championship down to wire. Ferrari strategy covered Mark Webber but should have covered Vettel... a mistake... but Alonso still had a chance to win the WDC, but just had to pass Petrov in the slower Lotus to win the title..... Alonso could not.... All HAM needed to do was stay ahead for 1 lap... just 1.. cover the inside, drive defensively... but did not.
Old 16 December 2021, 06:26 AM   #3010
77T

Good points. Ironically, some veterans are asking, “why not Red Flag”?

Allow all to change tires. Reposition lapped cars and go for 3 laps.

You’re right - so many angles.

Old 16 December 2021, 06:35 AM   #3011
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Quote:

cover the inside,
From what I saw,I dont see MAX passing SIR HAM on the outside in the one lap .

Why was he so wide leaving the inside wide open for the car with the fresh soft tires that can outbreak him ?
When Hamilton gained later on Verstappen kept the inside shut .
Old 16 December 2021, 07:23 AM   #3012
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
From what I saw,I dont see MAX passing SIR HAM on the outside in the one lap .

Why was he so wide leaving the inside wide open for the car with the fresh soft tires that can outbreak him ?
When Hamilton gained later on Verstappen kept the inside shut .
This is going to anger the Hamilton fans, but Lewis doesn't know how to drive defensively. Yes, a 7 time WDC doesn't know how to drive defensively. I said it! He left the inside open on lap 1, he left it open when battling with Perez and he did it again on the last lap of the race. If he makes Max go around the outside, I don't think Max can get around nor get good enough speed against the Mercedes lump without DRS. He just had to keep VER behind him for 1 lap. If the situation were reversed Max was on old hard tires and Lewis in P2 with new tires with the world championship on the line I take my chances with Max vs. Lewis 7 days out of the week.
Old 16 December 2021, 08:14 AM   #3013
Wes911
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
This is going to anger the Hamilton fans, but Lewis doesn't know how to drive defensively. Yes, a 7 time WDC doesn't know how to drive defensively. I said it! He left the inside open on lap 1, he left it open when battling with Perez and he did it again on the last lap of the race. If he makes Max go around the outside, I don't think Max can get around nor get good enough speed against the Mercedes lump without DRS. He just had to keep VER behind him for 1 lap. If the situation were reversed Max was on old hard tires and Lewis in P2 with new tires with the world championship on the line I take my chances with Max vs. Lewis 7 days out of the week.
Have you considered that Lewis might have known his old tires stood even less of a chance if he got off the primary line and onto the dirty side of the track?
Saying he doesn't know what is doing is just plain silly. For the record I am a Max fan but find your statement equally ridiculous as the Hamilton fans you speculate you will anger would. lol
Wes911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2021, 08:15 AM   #3014
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Agreed, SIR HAM is not good at defense. Worse still, he did not learn from his first lap 'mistake' of leaving the inside open.

Alonso, on the other hand, rocks.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 16 December 2021, 08:21 AM   #3015
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes911 View Post
Have you considered that Lewis might have known his old tires stood even less of a chance if he got off the primary line and onto the dirty side of the track?
Saying he doesn't know what is doing is just plain silly. For the record I am a Max fan but find your statement equally ridiculous as the Hamilton fans you speculate you will anger would. lol
Your point would be valid if he did it just on the last lap, but he does it over and over again. On the 1st lap when everyone is on newer tires he didn't defend the inside and neither when he was on new tires and Perez on old tires in the middle of the race. It's very clear and consistent regardless of lap or conditions of tires.
Old 16 December 2021, 08:31 AM   #3016
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Lost in all this was Kimi's last race and a collection of his best radio messages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJQzEAlZ57k
Old 16 December 2021, 09:37 AM   #3017
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Lost in all this was Kimi's last race and a collection of his best radio messages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJQzEAlZ57k
Wife and i LOL'ed, thx for posting!

Old 16 December 2021, 09:50 AM   #3018
dba
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16710
Interesting.

https://mobile.twitter.com/wtf1offic...16007096246273
dba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2021, 10:27 AM   #3019
1st amg

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by dba View Post

Complete sore losers MB. That’s sad

1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2021, 10:28 AM   #3020
1st amg

Quote:

I agree with you on this point and the others you stated above about the advantage thingy.

Old 16 December 2021, 10:32 AM   #3021
1st amg

Does anyone here feel relieved that Lewis did not win the 8th champ!? I am as he is still tied with Michael Schumacher at 7. I have a feeling this last season may have been his best opportunity as next year and the following years he will be challenged by more MV and the his new teammate.

Old 16 December 2021, 01:42 PM   #3022
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hmmmmm ,bad taste from Mercedes .
Old 16 December 2021, 09:34 PM   #3023
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
Unsure how one can be a sore loser, when you lose a championship based on regulations being applied creatively. They have every right to protest it, and RB would have done the same. It's a years worth of work being thrown into the bin, because of a creative racing director.

There is a reason why there has been discussion with both FIA and F1 and that a new initiative has come forward look into the matter - it's because it's not a clear cut case.

I actually think they show class by withdrawing it, but at the same time holding FIA and F1 accountable.
2001jesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2021, 09:56 PM   #3024
joli160

Watch: Yachtmaster
Finally MB stopped chasing ghosts, withdrew their appeal.
Old 17 December 2021, 12:09 AM   #3025
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
Finally MB stopped chasing ghosts, withdrew their appeal.

Yes
FIA offered an olive branch - a full investigation of the ending of the race.

That was a key component in the projected appeal.

MB also cited that in the withdrawal + HAM’s attitude against pressing forward.

The long term winner???

Old 17 December 2021, 12:11 AM   #3026
77T

Quote:

I’m guessing the MB cars were “tactically delayed”. Gala-goers will likely see the MB cars now that the Appeal is withdrawn.

Old 17 December 2021, 12:22 AM   #3027
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post

they may be sore losers but i don't really see it in this case. the fia and f1 in general is a circus now and no one other than mercedes/redbull and maybe 1 or 2 other teams can do anything about it. the problem is the other teams are too behind and have no leverage because they either suck or have no funding and can't make any enemies because they'll lose support/money. mercedes has all the leverage because they're the best team with the most funding so this is kind of the perfect time to try to use that absolutely shitty ending as a way to stir some things up
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 12:28 AM   #3028
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060 Submariner
I read an interesting comment from MB today that there is no guarantee that SLH will be in their car next year, the problem is that I cannot remember where I read it to provide a link.

Now if this is true then will VB come back from Alfa and Kimi back from retirement or will we be surprised by other driver moves eg Ocon to MB?

Edit: - BBC Sport Website has the story, it includes a comment that neither Toto or SLH will attend the FIA ceremony in Paris, the trophy for MB winning the constructors championship will be collected by James Allison. It would seem that although the protest has gone away MB are still not letting the issue drop. Mrs Wolf is now adding her voice to the arguments that SLH was robbed.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 12:52 AM   #3029
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxfordian View Post
I read an interesting comment from MB today that there is no guarantee that SLH will be in their car next year, the problem is that I cannot remember where I read it to provide a link.

Now if this is true then will VB come back from Alfa and Kimi back from retirement or will we be surprised by other driver moves eg Ocon to MB?

Edit: - BBC Sport Website has the story, it includes a comment that neither Toto or SLH will attend the FIA ceremony in Paris, the trophy for MB winning the constructors championship will be collected by James Allison. It would seem that although the protest has gone away MB are still not letting the issue drop. Mrs Wolf is now adding her voice to the arguments that SLH was robbed.
I don't see Ocon in the Mercedes with George. He already severed all his ties with Toto to get his Renault spot.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 01:08 AM   #3030
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060 Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
I don't see Ocon in the Mercedes with George. He already severed all his ties with Toto to get his Renault spot.
I had forgotten that, good point.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote