The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 21 September 2023, 06:55 AM   #3031
hassantg
"TRF" Member

Watch: Portugieser IW5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug04 View Post
Through crown or wrist recharge?
Crown

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
hassantg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2023, 03:24 PM   #3032
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

You all seen this one? Wow! Really liking Czapek lately. I’ve been looking for something a bit off the beaten path. I’m very fortunate to own a Sub, Seamaster, a couple Speedmasters, and even a couple Moser. I’m at a point where I want something really unique but at the same time very refined. Interesting and colorful dials really appeal to me at the moment. I’ve been eyeing an Orion Nebula or the green or blue LE, but this red stone dial done for an Indian collecting group is absolutely gorgeous.

https://www.ethoswatches.com/the-wat...mited-edition/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2023, 06:14 PM   #3033
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

That’s lovely - I’m a sucker for stone dials. An onyx dial with an applied logo would be absolutely killer.
mongrelnomoad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2023, 08:03 PM   #3034
Bug04
"TRF" Member

To usmc: I don’t like the fact that this has been, at the time, another LE dial, and before and after this again and again other LE launches … too many, it seems and artificial leverage to LE concept, it’s backfiring on the watch.
Bug04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2023, 08:41 PM   #3035
chumbleflea
"TRF" Member

I think they are honoring their commitments from the past. A limited run of 25 or so for its early sponsors doesn’t really decrease my desirability for a Czapek. It’s more a theoretical exercise. Think both Xavier and Mike said that going forward LE will be really special like the complicit. Rare models will be limited production
chumbleflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 08:49 AM   #3036
break
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
You all seen this one? Wow! Really liking Czapek lately. I’ve been looking for something a bit off the beaten path. I’m very fortunate to own a Sub, Seamaster, a couple Speedmasters, and even a couple Moser. I’m at a point where I want something really unique but at the same time very refined. Interesting and colorful dials really appeal to me at the moment. I’ve been eyeing an Orion Nebula or the green or blue LE, but this red stone dial done for an Indian collecting group is absolutely gorgeous.

https://www.ethoswatches.com/the-wat...mited-edition/

Eric, great to see you on here!

Lovely dial. Cool to see Czapek producing interesting LE dials beyond another color of the same in house guilloche like some other brands. Think you’ll chase one?

- Alex
break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 11:10 AM   #3037
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Czapek

Quote:
Originally Posted by break View Post
Eric, great to see you on here!

Lovely dial. Cool to see Czapek producing interesting LE dials beyond another color of the same in house guilloche like some other brands. Think you’ll chase one?

- Alex

Likely not this one. I think they only made 11 and I’ve never seen one for sale. I do really like the Orion Nebula version and may chase that someday. I’m a sucker for space-related stuff.

Old 26 September 2023, 10:42 PM   #3038
JXK
"TRF" Member

Hi all,
Am after some advice about what to do in regards to the repair options on my Antarctique. My Antarctique stopped working in June, less than one year after purchasing. Apparently the micro rotor became unscrewed and this has scratched the main plate. After a period of no contact despite many follow ups, they have now offered to fix the micro rotor free of charge or they will fix the main plate in addition at a cost of 1100 CHF. I was under the impression repairs would be covered under the warranty offered with the watch and given the micro rotor becoming unscrewed scratched the main plate this would also be covered. I have asked for them to do this but haven’t received a reply for a few weeks. What do you guys think? Pay the cost? Ask them to fix everything under warranty? Just have the micro rotor repaired and leave the scratch on the main plate? I would appreciate any advice as this is my first issue with such an expensive purchase.
JXK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2023, 03:39 PM   #3039
JXK
"TRF" Member

Hi all, I was hoping to get some advice regarding what to do about repairs on my Antarctique.
My Antarctique stopped working in June this year around 9 months since I received it. I sent it to Czapek and after a few months they have advised that the micro-rotor became loose and that this has scratched the main plate. They have said they will repair the micro-rotor under warranty however if I want the main plate fixed that it will cost another 1100 CHF.
This is my first foray into repairs for a watch like this and I had assumed that the full extent of damage would be fixed under warranty. Should I push them to do all the repairs or just accept that the main plate will be scratched? What would you do?
Old 27 September 2023, 03:53 PM   #3040
swaini3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT, DRSD
I don't see why you should be charged to fix the main plate !! they should fix it for free.
swaini3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2023, 09:22 PM   #3041
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Seems pretty absurd to me. Was there damage to the case from a hard fall or knock or did this just happen without you dropping the watch etc?
Old 27 September 2023, 11:30 PM   #3042
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXK View Post
Hi all, I was hoping to get some advice regarding what to do about repairs on my Antarctique.
My Antarctique stopped working in June this year around 9 months since I received it. I sent it to Czapek and after a few months they have advised that the micro-rotor became loose and that this has scratched the main plate. They have said they will repair the micro-rotor under warranty however if I want the main plate fixed that it will cost another 1100 CHF.
This is my first foray into repairs for a watch like this and I had assumed that the full extent of damage would be fixed under warranty. Should I push them to do all the repairs or just accept that the main plate will be scratched? What would you do?
That doesn't seem right
thesingularity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2023, 12:30 AM   #3043
BPFFmar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyologist View Post
Anyone have one? Thoughts/reviews? Who’s excited about their sport watch (Antarctique) release next week?
I have one…they are excellent quality, but maybe 1 person ever commented on it when i wore it. Its a true watch persons watch.
BPFFmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2023, 12:40 AM   #3044
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Doesn’t seem right at all. Seems like they should fix all the damage that was caused by the watch failing.

Old 28 September 2023, 12:56 AM   #3045
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
Doesn’t seem right at all. Seems like they should fix all the damage that was caused by the watch failing.
I’d be shocked if they don’t, assuming the circumstances are as presented. But it’s disappointing how slow response time is.
Old 28 September 2023, 02:13 AM   #3046
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
I’d be shocked if they don’t, assuming the circumstances are as presented. But it’s disappointing how slow response time is.
Circumstances are not as presented. Official reply coming asap.
mikemargolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2023, 02:48 AM   #3047
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
How did you acquire the watch? Did you follow up with the AD that you purchased this from?
EdwardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2023, 07:25 AM   #3048
whats_shakin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemargolis View Post
Circumstances are not as presented. Official reply coming asap.
Mike, what’s the official response? After Czapek told multiple people the datewheel change issues were user-caused (they weren’t), I think an official response is needed, esp since the company seems to have a habit of accusing their customers.
Old 28 September 2023, 08:11 AM   #3049
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Unless OP is flat out lying, the stated lack of response he has endured in of itself is disappointing.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2023, 08:13 AM   #3050
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Icon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats_shakin View Post
Mike, what’s the official response? After Czapek told multiple people the datewheel change issues were user-caused (they weren’t), I think an official response is needed, esp since the company seems to have a habit of accusing their customers.
Also curious. This response seems to be carefully being crafted/run by legal with the wait time here.

Old 28 September 2023, 09:27 AM   #3051
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Based on my IG reels I think all the watch people are partying over there for some only watch related happenings. I suspect that could be a factor in the delay.
Old 28 September 2023, 10:12 AM   #3052
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Based on my IG reels I think all the watch people are partying over there for some only watch related happenings. I suspect that could be a factor in the delay.
I was more being facetious.

I definitely wish I was there right now, seems like a blast.

Old 28 September 2023, 02:36 PM   #3053
JXK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Seems pretty absurd to me. Was there damage to the case from a hard fall or knock or did this just happen without you dropping the watch etc?
I’ve been wearing it as my daily for just under a year. I can think of one significant knock which happened while travelling approximately 6 months prior to it stopping. I don’t swim/play sports on anything like that with it. I haven’t dropped it or had any recent hard knocks to the watch.
Old 28 September 2023, 04:25 PM   #3054
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I’ve been wearing it as my daily for just under a year. I can think of one significant knock which happened while travelling approximately 6 months prior to it stopping. I don’t swim/play sports on anything like that with it. I haven’t dropped it or had any recent hard knocks to the watch.
Sometimes a hard knock or shock is all it takes. Even for a VC, I had just worn it for 6 months and one time the spring just completely unleashed itself after I moved some luggage in a trip. I got that covered as the warranty. It's hard to pinpoint the cause unless there's hard evidence. Did they provide any?
EdwardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2023, 11:42 PM   #3055
JXK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardC View Post
Sometimes a hard knock or shock is all it takes. Even for a VC, I had just worn it for 6 months and one time the spring just completely unleashed itself after I moved some luggage in a trip. I got that covered as the warranty. It's hard to pinpoint the cause unless there's hard evidence. Did they provide any?
Thanks for your reply. In the report they sent me, they noted 2 areas of impact on the case. I can only remember having one moment where I bumped the watch (moving luggage into luggage racks during a trip that happened over 6 months before the watch stopped working). Pierre has sent me an updated offer of 300 CHF to fix immediately or alternatively they would repair it as part of the service in a few years. I’ll have to consider what the best thing to do is.
Old 28 September 2023, 11:51 PM   #3056
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. In the report they sent me, they noted 2 areas of impact on the case. I can only remember having one moment where I bumped the watch (moving luggage into luggage racks during a trip that happened over 6 months before the watch stopped working). Pierre has sent me an updated offer of 300 CHF to fix immediately or alternatively they would repair it as part of the service in a few years. I’ll have to consider what the best thing to do is.
You're considering keeping a broken watch for years in order to save chf 300? This should or should not have been fixed under warranty (we will have to wait on the official response for the particulars).... but this seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Old 28 September 2023, 11:57 PM   #3057
JXK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
You're considering keeping a broken watch for years in order to save chf 300? This should or should not have been fixed under warranty (we will have to wait on the official response for the particulars).... but this seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Sorry if I didn’t make it clear. They will reattach the micro rotor now under warranty so it will work but the main plate will remain scratched. Obviously I wouldn’t leave it broken for years.
Old 29 September 2023, 12:10 AM   #3058
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Sorry for the slow official reply.

Xavier was in Monaco yesterday for Only Watch and I was in a much less noble place, one of those New England fall fairs with terrible cel (The Big E). And we are six hours off from each other in timezones. We did not speak until this morning.

This watch received an impact, an impact large and hard enough that there is a visible dent on the stainless steel case.

This caused the rotor, with its ceramic bearings, to come off its axis, and as it was then rotating, to rub against one of the movement plates.

We agreed to repair the rotor for no charge, even though this was not a Czapek warranty issue. We quoted a price if the client wanted to replace the plate for cosmetic only damage. We then subsequently reduced that price to our cost for the plate.

I make a comparison that I think is valid:

If I buy a brand new car, and then back into a pole so that there is a dent in the bumper, and bring my new car to the dealership and say "But it's under warranty, you need to fix my bumper," I don't think the dealer would agree.

Any watchmaker can determine impact, whether through an obvious dent or scrape, or if the movement is pushed to the side of the case. This helps us determine if the repair should be warranty or not.

We are a very customer focused company, and when there's a 50/50 fault decision, the customer generally wins. When it's clear that there was an impact, we do have difficulty repairing at no charge. In this case, we did indeed offer the rotor repair at no charge and the plate replacement at cost.

I hope this helps clarify this situation.
mikemargolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2023, 12:54 AM   #3059
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711,Sub,DS,YM42
This is a dispute only the OP and Czapek can really know. If you hit a speedbump and your bumper falls off and trashes the side of the car... how hard did you hit the speedbump? On a side note.. what other watch company would have the CEO discussing your rotor fix? Most the SA would tell you no dice
szabo_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2023, 12:58 AM   #3060
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
This seems like a reasonable response to me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemargolis View Post
Sorry for the slow official reply.

Xavier was in Monaco yesterday for Only Watch and I was in a much less noble place, one of those New England fall fairs with terrible cel (The Big E). And we are six hours off from each other in timezones. We did not speak until this morning.

This watch received an impact, an impact large and hard enough that there is a visible dent on the stainless steel case.

This caused the rotor, with its ceramic bearings, to come off its axis, and as it was then rotating, to rub against one of the movement plates.

We agreed to repair the rotor for no charge, even though this was not a Czapek warranty issue. We quoted a price if the client wanted to replace the plate for cosmetic only damage. We then subsequently reduced that price to our cost for the plate.

I make a comparison that I think is valid:

If I buy a brand new car, and then back into a pole so that there is a dent in the bumper, and bring my new car to the dealership and say "But it's under warranty, you need to fix my bumper," I don't think the dealer would agree.

Any watchmaker can determine impact, whether through an obvious dent or scrape, or if the movement is pushed to the side of the case. This helps us determine if the repair should be warranty or not.

We are a very customer focused company, and when there's a 50/50 fault decision, the customer generally wins. When it's clear that there was an impact, we do have difficulty repairing at no charge. In this case, we did indeed offer the rotor repair at no charge and the plate replacement at cost.

I hope this helps clarify this situation.
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote