The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 12 June 2022, 04:38 AM   #3061
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFR View Post
I saw that too. Was there Tuesday. Asked one of the salespeople if they were moving their Lange display, and he replied, "No, that's all we have." It was a little Lange 1 with a guilloche dial. I've never seen their Lange case empty before now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wempe loses AD status in the next year or so. And in any case, Wempe won't be receiving the more complicated Langes, from what I understand. Not sure if we'll see any chronographs, Zeitwerks, etc., at Wempe again.
Wempe partner on boutiques so I guess they’re not too worried.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2022, 06:13 AM   #3062
Jimbo
Banned

I guess CH Premier will be losing their AD status soon then. They are still listed on the ALS site, but so is Wempe.

That being said, I only see US boutiques listed, NYC, Miami, Chicago and Houston. That's not gonna cut it as their only boutiques.

I'm assuming then, they will expand to major cities like LA, San Francisco, Dallas, etc. US is way too big and rich a market to just have 4 boutique stores.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2022, 06:24 AM   #3063
JMac6
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
I wonder if Zadok Jewelers in Houston lost their AD status.
From what I understand Zadok’s Lange department is classified as a boutique. So I think Zadok is safe.
JMac6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2022, 09:31 AM   #3064
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
I guess CH Premier will be losing their AD status soon then. They are still listed on the ALS site, but so is Wempe.

That being said, I only see US boutiques listed, NYC, Miami, Chicago and Houston. That's not gonna cut it as their only boutiques.

I'm assuming then, they will expand to major cities like LA, San Francisco, Dallas, etc. US is way too big and rich a market to just have 4 boutique stores.
If you look a little further down Lange's web page, you'll see another row with 3 more boutiques: Aspen, Las Vegas, and Costa Mesa. Boston will open next month but that's not listed. Not sure if others will soon open in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac6 View Post
From what I understand Zadok’s Lange department is classified as a boutique. So I think Zadok is safe.
Ah, ok, presumably Zadok is the Houston boutique listed on their website then. Thanks for clarifying. I can never remember who the boutique partners are -- just that they closed Les Bijoux as the Palm Beach (and Boca Raton) partner some years ago.
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2022, 09:38 AM   #3065
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Wempe partner on boutiques so I guess they’re not too worried.
That'll be interesting to see. Limiting the types of pieces Wempe can sell (rather than dumping Wempe entirely) seems like a smart interim strategy. That keeps Wempe as a partner, and Lange can always start shipping Wempe the higher-end pieces again later on, when market conditions change. The Wempe store in NYC was always pretty packed before the pandemic, and they did a brisk Lange business. I was really surprised to see just one watch in Wempe's case a few days ago.

Today's Phillips auction results were refreshing, too -- to see the market starting to correct a bit. Other than the Lange 1 Tourbillion Handwerkskunst, Lange sales were unremarkable.
Old 17 June 2022, 06:30 AM   #3066
mario1971
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS
Lange went outside for a moment to get some fresh air. He will spend the next weeks in a cold and dark dungeon, in good company. I would like to remind those who do not know - after the spring is fully unrolled, when the movement finishes its work and stops, the seconds hand is always set at 12 o'clock.
Old 17 June 2022, 06:48 AM   #3067
Jimbo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFR View Post
If you look a little further down Lange's web page, you'll see another row with 3 more boutiques: Aspen, Las Vegas, and Costa Mesa. Boston will open next month but that's not listed. Not sure if others will soon open in the US.

Ah, ok, presumably Zadok is the Houston boutique listed on their website then. Thanks for clarifying. I can never remember who the boutique partners are -- just that they closed Les Bijoux as the Palm Beach (and Boca Raton) partner some years ago.
But they are still skipping San Francisco, San Diego, and places like Beverly Hills?
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2022, 01:57 AM   #3068
Armis
"TRF" Member

ALS Boston boutique

Has anyone visited the recently opened Boston boutique yet?
If so, please share your impressions if you don’t mind. I’m at least curious to know if they have any pieces to try on. I’ll have to see if I can plan a trip down there at some point.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2022, 02:03 AM   #3069
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Any thoughts on the new platinum 1815 rattrapante?

IMG_20220717_000243_(1100_x_850_pixel).jpg
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2022, 03:27 AM   #3070
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post

Attachment 1305288
I think the RG looks better for some reason.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2022, 03:46 AM   #3071
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post

Honeygold ftw. Honestly though I prefer the 5370 by a wide margin.
Old 17 July 2022, 04:03 AM   #3072
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

The A. Lange & Söhne Thread - including daily pics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post

Attachment 1305288

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post

New piece looks very nice, I agree that the HG version with matt black dial and gold writing looks pretty striking.

Old 18 July 2022, 08:43 PM   #3073
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
New piece looks very nice, I agree that the HG version with matt black dial and gold writing looks pretty striking.
Agreed with you gents. I tried on the platinum yesterday and I also find the HG version nicer (based on my memory when I tried that a while back). Maybe it's due to the boutique lighting but I can hardly see the blue on the hands. Pricing-wise, it is significantly lower (40%) than the 5370P.

IMG_20220718_184154_(800_x_1080_pixel).jpg
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2022, 03:12 AM   #3074
raclaims
"TRF" Member

I'm going to try it on this week but honestly I didn't believe the honey gold version stood up to my 5370p so we shall see!
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2022, 03:42 PM   #3075
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raclaims View Post
I'm going to try it on this week but honestly I didn't believe the honey gold version stood up to my 5370p so we shall see!
👍 Agreed, enamel dial and position of the rattrapante button are considerable advantages, as is the beautiful case.
Old 7 August 2022, 11:30 PM   #3076
JSol1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I was at the Boston boutique on Friday. I just picked up a Rolex next door and they brought me over and introduced me to the manager. We were in a rush so I set up a private showing for Weds. it’s a soft opening with the official opening in October…they had stock!
JSol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2022, 11:41 PM   #3077
raclaims
"TRF" Member

Yeah would be pretty poor form to open a brand new boutique and have nothing there lol
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2022, 02:13 AM   #3078
gliazzurri
"TRF" Member

Is the Houston store a true boutique? I am getting differing answers about this.
gliazzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2022, 02:19 AM   #3079
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Watch: “Pepsi”
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliazzurri View Post
Is the Houston store a true boutique? I am getting differing answers about this.

It’s a boutique inside of a store, but yes they are considered a true boutique.
126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Screwly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2022, 06:32 AM   #3080
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
It's owned and operated by Zadok Jewelers. Like Screwly said, it's inside of Zadok where each brand has their own separate section within Zadok.
texasmade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2022, 07:59 AM   #3081
gliazzurri
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It's owned and operated by Zadok Jewelers. Like Screwly said, it's inside of Zadok where each brand has their own separate section within Zadok.

Thanks for the info. Having said that I have to ask…if it is owned and operated by that store though is that the same as the other standalone boutiques? In a sense what you describe is how the ADs had been. It looks like it is named a boutique but your reply is part of why some have told me it is different and I actually had a boutique operator indicate he wasn’t sure it was a boutique proper and more like an AD. I know Lange doesn’t use ADs now but I just want to be sure if buying there is 100% equivalent to any true boutique as far as it goes. Whereas Lange would not strip away a freestanding boutique of its authority I don’t know if that is a different matter with a place like this. I’m asking for down the road relationship.
Old 8 August 2022, 08:37 AM   #3082
diracpoint
2024 Pledge Member

Hand engravings! 🤗

The widest part of each groove is about two human hairs wide, and then getting narrower towards the center. Also note the sharp ending points towards the center!

diracpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2022, 11:03 AM   #3083
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Thanks for the info. Having said that I have to ask…if it is owned and operated by that store though is that the same as the other standalone boutiques? In a sense what you describe is how the ADs had been. It looks like it is named a boutique but your reply is part of why some have told me it is different and I actually had a boutique operator indicate he wasn’t sure it was a boutique proper and more like an AD. I know Lange doesn’t use ADs now but I just want to be sure if buying there is 100% equivalent to any true boutique as far as it goes. Whereas Lange would not strip away a freestanding boutique of its authority I don’t know if that is a different matter with a place like this. I’m asking for down the road relationship.
I'm not really sure. You'd probably need to ask the ALS collectors but I see what you mean. No point in starting a relationship with the Zadok "boutique" if they can't get you other special pieces in the future.
texasmade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2022, 07:39 PM   #3084
gliazzurri
"TRF" Member

The A. Lange & Söhne Thread - including daily pics...

Quote:
I'm not really sure. You'd probably need to ask the ALS collectors but I see what you mean. No point in starting a relationship with the Zadok "boutique" if they can't get you other special pieces in the future.

Thanks again. That’s why I was asking. Anyone else have any info?
Old 9 August 2022, 06:16 AM   #3085
soonasu
"TRF" Member

Anyone know if the 1815 Chrono Boutique Edition is an Application Piece now? Been meaning to buy one as a special anniversary watch!
soonasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2022, 04:31 PM   #3086
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks again. That’s why I was asking. Anyone else have any info?
Houston is a "partner boutique." I believe there are currently 4 partner boutiques in the US -- Houston, Vegas, Aspen, and Chicago. Whether you buy at a partner boutique or any other Lange boutique won't matter to you as the end user. You'll get the same warranty, etc. That's why it's hard to figure out -- because you're not supposed to notice a non-existent difference between a partner boutique and a corporate boutique.

The other designation to note is "flagship boutique." There is one flagship boutique in each region of the world. In our region, it's in NYC. From what I understand, there's no clear advantage to most mere mortals who buy at a flagship boutique.

I wouldn't put money on the future of Lange's boutique-only sales model. Maybe it'll work and maybe it won't. It's an experiment. If a Lange-owned boutique in a high-rent district isn't doing well when the lease expires, then Lange will likely close it. I'd buy in Houston if I were near Houston.
Old 3 September 2022, 05:22 AM   #3087
hgg43c
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3 + 4
deposits

are Lange & Sohne boutiques taking deposit for watches these days? And if so how much are they asking for?
hgg43c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2022, 09:25 AM   #3088
calebb90
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgg43c View Post
are Lange & Sohne boutiques taking deposit for watches these days? And if so how much are they asking for?

Still taking orders on some models. 30% deposit.
calebb90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2022, 12:40 AM   #3089
gliazzurri
"TRF" Member

Old 9 September 2022, 07:44 AM   #3090
mario1971
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS