The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 19 November 2022, 02:45 PM   #3091
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaster View Post
I’ve wanting this Overseas Dual Time for a while, but the hype has made it impossible or costly to get it. As the watch market (and everything else) comes down, it seems that demand for the Overseas is also coming down.

I didn’t expect this incoming until sometime in 2023, but my AD was able to allocate me one with this earlier incoming surprise. It’s everything I had expected. Super excited.

With the red 2nd time zone hands, I actually prefer this black dial over the blue for this dual time model. The lacquer dial has a different sunburst and depth to it when comparing to other black dial watches, and my pictures are not capturing it well.

While some people think the Overseas is too big with a very wide lug to lug, it really depends. I think it fits my small wrist quite well.

Enjoy the pics
Edwin, looks fantastic congrats! Fits your wrist well, wear it in health. Red time zone hand does indeed make it pop.
PBJ1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2022, 04:12 AM   #3092
Jmaster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ1925 View Post
Edwin, looks fantastic congrats! Fits your wrist well, wear it in health. Red time zone hand does indeed make it pop.
Thanks Jay, you wear your Kurono Grand Mori in great heath too.

It’s funny that I read many owners talked about small wrist will find the rubber strap fits better, but in my case, I found the metal bracelet a much better fit. It’s contour to my wrist so much better than the rubber, which is a little stiff at the connection and stick out a little more. The combination of those a micro adjustments and a half link for the bracelet also lets me get to an ideal fit.

Another funny think I found is that the rubber strap and leather are slightly different in lengths - both lengths of each side as well as the locations of the holes. I haven’t tried the leather yet but at least for me, I’m kind of in the middle sizes for the rubber strap. Before I own the Overseas, I thought that I’ll use the rubber the most, but now I got the feeling that I might even use the leather more than the rubber. We will see.
Old 20 November 2022, 04:23 AM   #3093
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks Jay, you wear your Kurono Grand Mori in great heath too.

It’s funny that I read many owners talked about small wrist will find the rubber strap fits better, but in my case, I found the metal bracelet a much better fit. It’s contour to my wrist so much better than the rubber, which is a little stiff at the connection and stick out a little more. The combination of those a micro adjustments and a half link for the bracelet also lets me get to an ideal fit.

Another funny think I found is that the rubber strap and leather are slightly different in lengths - both lengths of each side as well as the locations of the holes. I haven’t tried the leather yet but at least for me, I’m kind of in the middle sizes for the rubber strap. Before I own the Overseas, I thought that I’ll use the rubber the most, but now I got the feeling that I might even use the leather more than the rubber. We will see.
Ed, agree on your points, if I had to pick one setup I prefer the bracelet over the leather/rubber. I do prefer the rubber on the 5500v as its a larger watch, and for me the proportions somehow felt a little better on the rubber than it does on the 7900v or 4500v.

Only wished Vacheron included a second deployant vs charging $500+ for picking up a second one, but I'm just nitpicking there.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the VCO for years to come, and what's great is outside of enthusiasts it does for the most part fly under the radar.
Old 20 November 2022, 05:20 AM   #3094
rico7rico
"TRF" Member

Same here. Incoming earlier than I expected.

I visited the HK boutique in May and Oct (again) showing my interest of the DT model and I got the call 2 weeks ago (no purchase record). I was supposed to pick up the watch earlier today but somehow it is stuck in Switzerland, and I might have to wait another 2 weeks.

100% agree the black dial is better than blue because of the red second timezone hand. It's quite important for me to be able to know my home time at a glance.

I realized they change the leather straps from alligator to calfskin. I personally think the alligator straps look nicer so I request my SA for alligator straps. Not sure if he can pull the magic~ I will keep you guys posted here :)

Lastly, I just want to see what you guys think about the price of VCO in grey in the future. Does it find its support (10 - 20 % premium of the retail)?
Will it be dropping and going back to the pre-covid situation? (-15%)?
I guess I ask because I understand the demand is coming down and I am afraid it will become underrated again. Please openly share you thought :)
rico7rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2022, 05:26 AM   #3095
rico7rico
"TRF" Member

Ed, I also have an incoming 7900v soon :) wondering if yours come with the alligator straps of the calfskin..?
Old 20 November 2022, 10:40 AM   #3096
Jmaster
"TRF" Member

It comes with the calfskin. VC changed it sometime this year, and I didn’t mind it, as it’s a little more sportier that fits the VCO well. That said, VC makes lovey alligator straps. I love my blue strap on the Fiftysix.

Also, the new VC doesn’t come with yellow paper certificate, the Geneva seal hangtag and the paper manual anymore, according to my AD. Everything is electronic now. It looks like Richmond is try to cut some costs. On the other hand, the 8 year warranty is probably much more important than all those extra paper anyway.

Value-wise, I won’t be surprise if the secondary prices go back under MSRP given the current market trend. I think VC has been elevated during this cycle the in the past, but all brands are facing pressure in the secondary market, and historically, only Rolex and Patek are able to hold up. Just IMHO.

BTW, congrats for your incoming. Earlier this year, some boutiques were telling prospective customers 2+ year wait but I guess it has changed pretty quickly.
Old 21 November 2022, 09:53 AM   #3097
ookookook
"TRF" Member

I have been waiting for over a year now what has the waitlist looked like for you guys? I've been trying to grab one on the grey market but I don't feel like spending 10k over msrp, only willing to go to about 26k for it.
ookookook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2022, 12:38 AM   #3098
swen86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookookook View Post
I have been waiting for over a year now what has the waitlist looked like for you guys? I've been trying to grab one on the grey market but I don't feel like spending 10k over msrp, only willing to go to about 26k for it.
I put a deposit down on a blue dial dual time in May of 2021. Still no word. I'm hoping for Spring 2023.?.?.?
swen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2022, 01:10 AM   #3099
Booth9999
"TRF" Member

On the list, nothing from them this year besides marketing emails
Booth9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2022, 01:35 AM   #3100
key
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swen86 View Post
I put a deposit down on a blue dial dual time in May of 2021. Still no word. I'm hoping for Spring 2023.?.?.?
Haha I’m in the same boat and at this rate it may end up being cheaper buying gray
key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2022, 03:55 AM   #3101
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Beautiful day in the desert to go watch shopping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22 November 2022, 01:40 PM   #3102
thekman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
For those waiting on watches: I have only bought a blue dual time before the hype. After that I had inquired about other models and was always told it would be difficult as the hype started. In the past month I was offered the steel tourbillon (blue dial) and today I was offered the white dial dual time. These are all unsolicited offers. I declined both. Just giving those who are waiting hope. This is at the NYC boutique.

Follow me www.instagram.com/subs.n.scrubs
thekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2022, 06:27 PM   #3103
rico7rico
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookookook View Post
Speaking from my experience, the "waitlist" doesn't really exist in the way of customers' inquiring order because both ADs and Boutiques are selling the watch to the BEST potential customers.

My incoming watch is from a boutique in Hong Kong. The SA had to present my profile to the HQ and I was competing with 3 other people. I am fortunate to get selected and it is because I show them my IG, which indicates I am a serious collector, not a flipper.

Since I have put my name for 1 boutique and 4 ADs. My advice would be
1. going to boutiques instead of ADs. Boutique gets more watches in restock (3-4 watches in total in different models)
2. make good relationship with the SA. They need to make a case to sell you the watch like college application.
3. Be patient. getting it from AD/boutique isn't impossible. To me, it's actually very possible if you compare RO, Rolex, PP. Price and demand is indeed dropping and I am sure you can do a deposit, sit back, and wait. It will be worth to wait because you have the VC sales experience. To me, engaging with the brand is the way to purchase a 20k+ watch. Money can't buy experience.

Hope it helps. Happy to do another follow up :)

Last edited by rico7rico; 22 November 2022 at 06:28 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 23 November 2022, 12:26 AM   #3104
Mutsu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico7rico View Post
Speaking from my experience, the "waitlist" doesn't really exist in the way of customers' inquiring order because both ADs and Boutiques are selling the watch to the BEST potential customers.

My incoming watch is from a boutique in Hong Kong. The SA had to present my profile to the HQ and I was competing with 3 other people. I am fortunate to get selected and it is because I show them my IG, which indicates I am a serious collector, not a flipper.

Since I have put my name for 1 boutique and 4 ADs. My advice would be
1. going to boutiques instead of ADs. Boutique gets more watches in restock (3-4 watches in total in different models)
2. make good relationship with the SA. They need to make a case to sell you the watch like college application.
3. Be patient. getting it from AD/boutique isn't impossible. To me, it's actually very possible if you compare RO, Rolex, PP. Price and demand is indeed dropping and I am sure you can do a deposit, sit back, and wait. It will be worth to wait because you have the VC sales experience. To me, engaging with the brand is the way to purchase a 20k+ watch. Money can't buy experience.

Hope it helps. Happy to do another follow up :)
I agree this helps.

Go to a boutique and show your genuine interest in owning one.

I think a lot of SAs gauge your ability to purchase based on looking at what you are currently wearing too.

The only place that asked me if I had IG was AP, they also asked my occupation and for a business card. They said it was part of the verification process. I think VC didn't ask, but when I wrote down my details, things like occupation are on there.

Both AP and VC where very vague and said there are no waiting lists as such anymore (I think it's because they don't want to give potential time frames to disappoint), but I also got the impression wait times would be long. But surprisingly I got a call from both AP and VC within a year of having an appointment with an SA.
Mutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2022, 04:22 AM   #3105
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

For those in the Bay Area, in San Jose, CA, I saw that a Vacheron boutique will be opening in Valley Fair Mall. Does anyone have any information on whether this is an AD run boutique, or is this being directly managed by Vacheron?

What is the policy on allocating watches when a boutique like this opens up for the first time?
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2022, 06:15 AM   #3106
Jmaster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebbeth View Post
For those in the Bay Area, in San Jose, CA, I saw that a Vacheron boutique will be opening in Valley Fair Mall. Does anyone have any information on whether this is an AD run boutique, or is this being directly managed by Vacheron?

What is the policy on allocating watches when a boutique like this opens up for the first time?
It will be run by CH Premier Jewelers. As you might know, CH also runs a few other boutiques in Valley Fair - JLC, IWC and Panerai. I understand after it’s opened, the PA store will stop carrying the VC brand.
Old 23 November 2022, 08:17 AM   #3107
Watchflair
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN

Old 23 November 2022, 09:21 AM   #3108
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It will be run by CH Premier Jewelers. As you might know, CH also runs a few other boutiques in Valley Fair - JLC, IWC and Panerai. I understand after it’s opened, the PA store will stop carrying the VC brand.
I don't know if I should be happy or disappointed about this. I have had mixed experiences with CH Premier. Their IWC boutique gave me so-so service on my IWC BP, and their Grand Seiko department in their main store was also not so "customer friendly" when it came to my Night Birch.

I guess I should expect more of the same from their VC branch. Come to think of it, none of the high-end watch experiences in VF Mall have been anything to write home about (the Rolex boutique was also...so-so).
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2022, 06:32 AM   #3109
Watchflair

Old 24 November 2022, 06:35 AM   #3110
brandon13
"TRF" Member

brandon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2022, 03:24 PM   #3111
rico7rico
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutsu View Post
I agree this helps.

Go to a boutique and show your genuine interest in owning one.

I think a lot of SAs gauge your ability to purchase based on looking at what you are currently wearing too.

The only place that asked me if I had IG was AP, they also asked my occupation and for a business card. They said it was part of the verification process. I think VC didn't ask, but when I wrote down my details, things like occupation are on there.

Both AP and VC where very vague and said there are no waiting lists as such anymore (I think it's because they don't want to give potential time frames to disappoint), but I also got the impression wait times would be long. But surprisingly I got a call from both AP and VC within a year of having an appointment with an SA.
What's your collection before acquiring AP...? And Which VCO did you get...?
I visited AP boutique not long ago and the sales experience was so so. I think I might be just like everyone else - wearing a Rolex asking for a sought-after piece.
Old 24 November 2022, 05:39 PM   #3112
Mutsu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico7rico View Post
What's your collection before acquiring AP...? And Which VCO did you get...?
I visited AP boutique not long ago and the sales experience was so so. I think I might be just like everyone else - wearing a Rolex asking for a sought-after piece.
Nothing from those brands previously, and in the end I turned down the AP. It sounded like 2 other people turned down before me which is why I was offered so quickly. I had left my money in stocks I wasn't able to get to at the time they offered it to me - mainly because of the indication that it would take over a year.

Actually this was still the case when I was offered the VC, but I wanted that enough that I was just able to make that happen with available funds.

The VC is I own is an Overseas date only in Rose Gold Silver dial - so less in demand than the steel or blue dials.

AP sales experience was similar for me, so so. VC experience is in line with what I've come to expect from shopping at luxury brands. Rolex boutiques are the worst in Japan because they don't take anyones details, so you basically have to get lucky and arrive when they just got a delivery.

I'm undecided if I'll take the AP now if I'm offered one again, I feel like I'd prefer to have another VC in my collection based on what they currently offer and my purchase experience with them.
Mutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2022, 05:26 AM   #3113
Watchflair

Old 25 November 2022, 06:16 AM   #3114
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchflair View Post

This looks awesome
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2022, 07:09 AM   #3115
Watchflair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
This looks awesome

Thank you!

Old 25 November 2022, 09:50 AM   #3116
Pesto628
"TRF" Member

Pesto628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2022, 01:47 AM   #3117
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the time!
Anyone recently purchase a VC Overseas (three-hander) and notice the leather/gator strap is different than previously? Mine had come with the classic-looking gator strap, but photos of newer ones seem to show a non-gator leather strap. Here’s one (borrowed photo) originally sold in August this year. You can see how the leather strap looks different.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E375D061-FCEE-427E-A6FA-23C9AF474DAA.jpeg (170.9 KB, 422 views)
swish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2022, 07:18 AM   #3118
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Been almost 6 months and this clock still makes my
jaw drop.

Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2022, 09:14 AM   #3119
arnage
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post
Anyone recently purchase a VC Overseas (three-hander) and notice the leather/gator strap is different than previously? Mine had come with the classic-looking gator strap, but photos of newer ones seem to show a non-gator leather strap. Here’s one (borrowed photo) originally sold in August this year. You can see how the leather strap looks different.
Yes -- fairly recently (within the past few months), they switched to providing a calf strap vs the gator one. Whether this is due to cost considerations or regulatory ones (i.e. California as a state has issues with shipment of exotic animal skin straps..), we won't know for certain.
arnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2022, 01:15 AM   #3120
rico7rico
"TRF" Member

I got the call almost 4 weeks ago that I will be allocated the 7900v black.

My boutique SA told me that the watch will arrive on Nov 8th and I could pick it up on the 12th but he canceled on a day before picking it up. He said the watch was stuck in Switzerland and would need more time to come, promising me it will be here later this month but would need me to put a deposit first. I agreed and planned to put a deposit this past Saturday but he canceled on me again.

Now I would need to wait till mid December or even early Jan to put a deposit and believe the watch won’t be with me until later.

Can someone understand the industry explain to me why my SA keeps postponing the deposit payment/ watch delivery? I guess I’m trying to find a possible reason here…

Tags
vacheron , vacheronconstantin