The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 7 January 2014, 08:38 PM   #301
Puffy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kier333 View Post
Agreed, will be interesting the outcome as people have just had enough. Your lucky to be out in oz, hopefully won't be to long and I will be out there myself. The UK is finished.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toph View Post
Yeah I came here 5 years ago after uni. Go back to Uk every 18months or so. Can't say I ever want to return to live.
My advice is simple: get here as soon as you can
Oz it definitely is!! moving there with my aussie wife mid this year. can't bloody wait to get out of the UK!
Old 7 January 2014, 08:40 PM   #302
Puffy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birk1 View Post
Update

My watch was returned.

I had FedEx block the delivery and return to sender in just the nick of time.

I am out 500 dollars for shipping both ways...a small price to pay

I have learned my lesson: face to face transactions or deals with the known TRF dealers.

Happy New Year to All

Ryan
good to hear ryan...

cant remember the last time i bought a watch face to face... i only deal with davidsw
Old 7 January 2014, 09:04 PM   #303
brkanand
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 4=YMDaytonaGMTHulk
What a great community this TRF is! I am floored. Way to go!
Old 8 January 2014, 01:10 PM   #304
zbrock06
Banned

Let's not forget about the other members that are still out their funds, including myself. We are excited Birk got his watch back but many of us are still out our funds.
Old 8 January 2014, 01:17 PM   #305
520Matt
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD, LV,GMT II Pep
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbrock06 View Post
Let's not forget about the other members that are still out their funds, including myself. We are excited Birk got his watch back but many of us are still out our funds.
Awful what has happened to you and others, do you have any update on your attempt to recover what's yours? I wish you the best
Old 16 January 2014, 05:35 AM   #306
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Any updates from the others who were scammed?
Old 16 January 2014, 07:29 AM   #307
Porsche958
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1655
Yeah, no help from Romanian police and none from our local police, at least for me and I believe the others can relate. I'm kicking myself for not using a widely trusted seller, I could have my Explorer by now :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16 January 2014, 07:57 AM   #308
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Terrible. Very sorry to hear that.
Old 20 January 2014, 04:11 AM   #309
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
No more country bashing or thread will be locked. I have deleted enough posts in this thread for my liking.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
Old 20 January 2014, 04:19 AM   #310
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFan65 View Post
No more country bashing or thread will be locked. I have deleted enough posts in this thread for my liking.
except for Lilliputia, of course. Those little bastards are always breaking eggs... I don't trust them. Bash away.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 24 January 2014, 05:24 PM   #311
jinp84
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 1 14270
Wow just stumbled upon this topic and remembered the scammers name!!

He was the 2nd person I "ALMOST" dealt with in TRF! It was for a Rolex Explorer I but I ended up going with a different member on here for the same watch last second..

I've bought, sold, and even traded watches with no issues so far and this topic just gave me another reality check before I got too comfortable.

I am glad the OP got his watch back I was sweating while reading through the first couple pages

Good luck to the rest of the victims hope everything ends up working out!
Old 30 January 2014, 08:34 PM   #312
rmurphy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16600
I just stumbled upon this thread myself. Is that all the more news for 6 whole days now? I read this whole 16 page thread, which was like someone posted earlier.... A complete emotional roller coaster, I'm not exaggerating when I say this, with my heart condition being what it is it gave me chest pains to hear that only one of the scammed was partially vindicated! That is crazy!
Now I see all the more the reason everyone is so cautious buying anything from anyone but just a very select few. I don't have 20k to throw down on a watch but if i did it would only be with a couple of select sellers, namely the ones involved in the ROOT BEER giveaway, same goes with servicing. There's no way in hell I'm doing a deal with anyone in Romania or any country other than here in the US where as another person posted.... Even being sick ..... " I possess a certain skill set "
I could ramble on but I cannot stand a thief! Doesn't matter where you live or what your no choice in the matter ethnicity that you are born with is. A thief is a thief!
One last thing and if it's inflammatory then it's inflammatory, I don't intend it to be but i also am not a guy who believes in a lot of fluff. I am proud to be an American, I served my country faithfully during the first Gulf War and we have a shit load of corruption and thievery here ..... And things are not perfect but the fact is this, I am free to do and say as I please and I enjoy those freedoms because i do live in the greatest country on this earth. God bless America and I damn sure got a good enough education to know not to send my hard earned goods to Romania, and the idea that some people on here suggested that the OP hop on a plane and go to that country in search of his watch was crazy. Lose your watch or your life. Not much of a choice for this guy.

Old 1 February 2014, 06:44 AM   #313
scrase123
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/HULK/Deepsea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
except for Lilliputia, of course. Those little bastards are always breaking eggs... I don't trust them. Bash away.
Old 1 February 2014, 07:12 AM   #314
Foxy1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Love them all
Rmurphy, we were asked for no country bashing anymore in this thread !!!!!

Salvador Dali
Old 5 February 2014, 05:13 PM   #315
rmurphy
2024 Pledge Member

BEWARE - Tony1 (Alex) from Romania is a THIEF

[QUOTE=Foxy1;4701729]Rmurphy, we were asked for no country bashing anymore in this thread !!!!![/

Hmmm ..... Country bashing .....? Really, Well your certainly entitled to your opinion of my post but I don't see the bashing in telling the truth as I see it.
Old 5 February 2014, 05:35 PM   #316
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
BEWARE - Tony1 (Alex) from Romania is a THIEF

Excellent thread ,the perfect way to feed the anger !:-(

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Old 5 February 2014, 07:55 PM   #317
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmurphy View Post
I just stumbled upon this thread myself. Is that all the more news for 6 whole days now? I read this whole 16 page thread, which was like someone posted earlier.... A complete emotional roller coaster, I'm not exaggerating when I say this, with my heart condition being what it is it gave me chest pains to hear that only one of the scammed was partially vindicated! That is crazy!
Now I see all the more the reason everyone is so cautious buying anything from anyone but just a very select few. I don't have 20k to throw down on a watch but if i did it would only be with a couple of select sellers, namely the ones involved in the ROOT BEER giveaway, same goes with servicing. There's no way in hell I'm doing a deal with anyone in Romania or any country other than here in the US where as another person posted.... Even being sick ..... " I possess a certain skill set "
I could ramble on but I cannot stand a thief! Doesn't matter where you live or what your no choice in the matter ethnicity that you are born with is. A thief is a thief!
One last thing and if it's inflammatory then it's inflammatory, I don't intend it to be but i also am not a guy who believes in a lot of fluff. I am proud to be an American, I served my country faithfully during the first Gulf War and we have a shit load of corruption and thievery here ..... And things are not perfect but the fact is this, I am free to do and say as I please and I enjoy those freedoms because i do live in the greatest country on this earth. God bless America and I damn sure got a good enough education to know not to send my hard earned goods to Romania, and the idea that some people on here suggested that the OP hop on a plane and go to that country in search of his watch was crazy. Lose your watch or your life. Not much of a choice for this guy.

Please dude....

There's a world outside the US too!
Old 5 February 2014, 08:06 PM   #318
rmurphy
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayerische View Post
Please dude....

There's a world outside the US too!
There is indeed Bayerische! And you happen to live very close to where one of my all time favorite musicians is from. Mikkey Dee of Motorhead and King Diamond, great music scene you have in that area of the world. I didn't realize I would Inflame my fellow TRF's like I have. That's not my intention at all.
Old 2 June 2015, 08:30 AM   #319
1boxoffice
"TRF" Member

scamned by Neacsu Bogdan Alexandru

Neacsu Bogdan Alexandru

please do not deal with this guy I have sent a payment of 10,000gbp for a patek and did all my checks and it seems I have been ripped off. watch was advertised on chrono 24 I feel so stupid! how did any of you who had sent money to him get on? did the banks manage to re call the funds?
Old 3 June 2015, 12:32 AM   #320
bmwsubmariner
"TRF" Member

Thats crazy! I hope you get your money back, and hope you paid with credit and can dispute it.
Old 11 June 2015, 07:17 AM   #321
1boxoffice
"TRF" Member

Hi guys, did any one back in 2013/14 get there money back. can any one give me details of Alex, i really cant believe i have been done out of 10,000gbp. i have contacted every one from local police to Romanian police to Interpol. i have got no where so far. it cant be this easy to steal money from a hard working man.
Old 11 June 2015, 08:29 PM   #322
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
I turned this guy into Purist Pro and had his listings removed as he was an obvious crook always advertising watches well below their worth. Sorry for your pain but one can't do business with people with no long track record and feedback. Also one should beware when watches are priced well below market. For me this was an obvious scammer and probably most obvious one I have seen yet! Again that is why I turned him in where I saw his ads. Your chance of getting money back slim to none. Next time do your homework as this could have easily been avoided. Sorry but that is the truth and as much as I hate to see these posts they always could be avoided if people stuck to basic principle of buying the seller and proper due diligence.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
Old 11 June 2015, 09:48 PM   #323
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HL65 View Post
Next time do your homework as this could have easily been avoided. Sorry but that is the truth and as much as I hate to see these posts they always could be avoided if people stuck to basic principle of buying the seller and proper due diligence.
I agree 1000%

Not sure how much plainer it could be if people would just read a few stickies!

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 13 June 2015, 12:06 AM   #324
afnios1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: IWC 371503 gst.
pm sent
Old 23 September 2016, 08:18 PM   #325
Dillv
"TRF" Member

Screw over

Hi all,

This same guy just tried to screw me over on a 5980R, £13K deposit. If it wasn't for this post and one other post baiting him out then he'd be much more successful than he is. THANK YOU
Old 24 September 2016, 05:07 AM   #326
Nyquist
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak 15300
Wow! Thanks for the note. It's great that you did your due diligence and that a 3-year old post was able to prevent another scam. However, it's disturbing to hear that the scammer is still at it ...
Tudor Prince Date + Day
Omega Speedmaster
Old 24 September 2016, 09:14 PM   #327
Shaky
"TRF" Member

WTF....he is still going. After the initial success he had, you would have thought he would have been clever enough to disguise his identity better if he is trying to continue in his vile criminal ways.

Makes you wonder how many other victims there are that we don't know about.
Old 25 September 2016, 02:18 AM   #328
cbqcoupon
"TRF" Member

Cant you just dispute the charge from your credit card / debut card?
Old 28 September 2016, 04:33 AM   #329
Porsche958
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1boxoffice View Post
Hi guys, did any one back in 2013/14 get there money back. can any one give me details of Alex, i really cant believe i have been done out of 10,000gbp. i have contacted every one from local police to Romanian police to Interpol. i have got no where so far. it cant be this easy to steal money from a hard working man.

Nope, completely out of my cash. Was a hard lesson to learn.
Old 28 September 2016, 04:35 AM   #330
Porsche958
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillv View Post
Hi all,

This same guy just tried to screw me over on a 5980R, £13K deposit. If it wasn't for this post and one other post baiting him out then he'd be much more successful than he is. THANK YOU

Do you have any new details on his current method of contact being used? Where did he want the wire sent or what method of payment?